The Trial of Captain Knievel! [OOC]

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to shift my to shift 1pp to Acrobatics. To get a total +12 modifier. 1pp will be used to get the feat Challenge (Accelerated Task) to allow me to feint as a move action. 1pp will go to the feat Acrobatic Bluff. 1 I will use for All-Out Attack. The other I will use to Get Ultimate Effort (Feint).

Then using Hero Villain Point to get 20 on feint.

So that is DC 31 Sense motive due to being rattled. Just enough to force a save.

Then going to shoot her.

1d20+15=26

Also using power Attack. I forgot when I made the roll, so maybe it will get discounted.

Pretty sure that is a hit. Yeah I think Scarab's Def is 20. So with Autofire it is +5.

So DC 26 so far power attack or not. More depending on the result of the Sense motive it could be DC 31 if the power attack counts and Scarab fails her Sense motive check.

Sense Motive check: 22. Owch. Rolled a "2."

I'll burn a Hero Point to re-roll that.

Sense Motive check: 23. Rolled a "3." WTF? :D

The Hero Point makes that "3" a "13," for a total of 33. No feint for you!

Assuming you still hit, here is the save:

Toughness Save: 16. Rolled a "6." The dice hate me today...

EDIT: Gonna burn my last HP to reroll that Toughness Save.

Toughness Save: 25. MUCH better.

OK, so I think we made sense of things in chat. With no feint, there isn't enough clearance on the attack for bonus Autofire damage. The power attacked damage DC is 26, so The Scarab is Injured. And fresh out of Hero Points.

So yea...I am making a break for the door. I will move as fast as possible, (but not all out.) I am hoping to maybe get a description of what Is outside the building before I declare if I am going to do anything else or not. I basically just want to see what my options are.

OK, you're not near an exit door right now; you're in an interior corridor in the courthouse. Mooks or not, the baliffs do know what they're doing. This is a high security corridor for high value prisoners such as the famous Captain Knievel, which means the doors lock automatically. A big tough guy like Captain K. should be able to knock them down easily. If you run away from Dark Star, you'll burst into a branching corridor. Down one of those corridors is a fire door to the outside. You can reach it on your next turn if you're still moving.

If you run through Dark Star, you've got the same problem of security doors slowing you down, but you have the advantage that there are civilians in the way. Let's say there's a small group of people standing around the unfortunate cop that Orion knocked out and stripped earlier. :P There's a paramedic, a couple of civilian courthouse workers, and a couple of cops. I'll say that your PL is high enough that you can just go ahead and grab one of them so we don't have to worry about rolling. Either way, between Dark Star's speed and the range on his powers, you're not getting away fast enough.

The Reflex save on his Area Attack is DC 21. To be able to move at all, you need to make a DC 21 Strength check. If you do make it, you can take either a standard or a move action; your movement restricted to a 5 foot action crawl. So decide which direction you're going, what you do when going that way, then make your saves. :) Ace, you're not caught in Dark Star's gravity field; it's Selective and he's just dropping it on Cap K.

OK.

Unfortunately for the stellar hero, since Dark Star can't accurately perceive the Vestige right now, he can't hit him with the Gravity Control effect.

EDIT: Hmm, on closer inspection of the Selective extra and Gravity Control in general, I think this was an error on my part. Vestige, since I led you astray here, have a VP. As you've all probably seen, mass combat isn't always my area of expertise. ;)

As for Captain Knievel, you've got the same choices you had earlier: you can release the paramedic as a free action and keep the roll you have, or roll again at a -5 penalty while maintaining the grapple. You've already gone this turn, making a move action (running through Dark Star) and then grappling the paramedic (which you did without having to roll, because you overpower him so completely).

EDIT: OK, after a quick consultation with the other Refs, we're going to say that quote doesn't need to reroll, since he opted to maintain the grapple under the influence of the Gravity Control attack. So he needs to make a grapple check...which I see he's done already. Yey. :) I'll still let you have that VP, though, since I'm pretty sure I did botch an earlier roll in the scene.

Quote, I think I messed up in describing the scene to you earlier. Not being able to remember either way, have an VP for your trouble.

Villian PCs, remember keep in mind that Freedom City bad guys (particularly ones here) don't have Joker Immunity. Killing police and emergency personnel results in characters who are no longer suitable for play, as bad things happen to them when they do clash with authorities (or, for that matter, try professional dealings with other bad guys who don't want to deal with the heat he brings down). Keep it to disabling.

Now, I need Reflex saves from Ace and Vestige, DC 21. Ace, have an HP for getting hit by another hero's attack.

Scratch my last post. I have questions:

As for Captain Knievel, you've got the same choices you had earlier: you can release the paramedic as a free action and keep the roll you have, or roll again at a -5 penalty while maintaining the grapple. You've already gone this turn, making a move action (running through Dark Star) and then grappling the paramedic (which you did without having to roll, because you overpower him so completely).

While you’re grappling, your ability to attack others and defend yourself

is limited. You lose your dodge bonus to Defense against opponents

you aren’t grappling. You can still use it against opponents you are grappling.

There are no penalties to reflex saves for grappling. Why the -5?

Quote, I think I messed up in describing the scene to you earlier. Not being able to remember either way, have an VP for your trouble.

Okay. I now have 5. Thanks.

Villian PCs, remember keep in mind that Freedom City bad guys (particularly ones here) don't have Joker Immunity. Killing police and emergency personnel results in characters who are no longer suitable for play, as bad things happen to them when they do clash with authorities (or, for that matter, try professional dealings with other bad guys who don't want to deal with the heat he brings down). Keep it to disabling.

Noted.