The Trial of Captain Knievel! [OOC]

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I was seeing if Geezer showed, up I thought maybe he might have the money, to hire Ronin to break out Kneival. Conversely he might have hired Ronin to shut him up before he reveals their partnership. Another Idea that floated by is that someone else, who bleived that the Captain would beat his trial, possible the family member of one of Cap's victims, might have hired him to take him out.

Another thought occurs to me. Who are the Captain's former sponsors? Are they in anyway connected with Grant, or the Labyrinth. He might accept a non-payment if it brings him closer to his other goals.

Totally forgot to do this before now.

Master Plan roll (1d20+6=9)

Woo, nada.

Anyways Malice's master plan would be to just cause general mayhem in the surrounding area ie: blowing up intersections, throwing cars, blowing up store fronts, etc. Anything to cause enough chaos that Captain Knievel could get lost in the fray. Initially he'll only help indirectly, so to keep his own chances of getting away high.

Excellent.

Elena will leave the courtroom and find the nearest TV set showing the trial.

Once she finds a TV broadcasting the trial, she will do two things:

First, she will activate Precognition. Specifically, she's looking into the near future, for information regarding this trial. The results, the effects, etc. She will take 10 on any relevant Notice or Search checks, getting a result of 30.

Second, she will then use her Mind Reading power against Ace Wright, the defense attorney. She wants to know what he's planning.

Since the effect is Perception-ranged, she can target him through the TV cameras.

Mind Reading check (opposed by Will): 25.

Mr. Wright gets a DC20 Notice check to realize he's being probed.

The closest thing to a lawyer I can find stats for in the core book is the Politician archetype. It's a PL0 professional with an untrained Notice score of +1. If no one else had any other stats in mind for Mr. Wright, I'd recommend using these ones, replacing one of its Knowledge skills with Civics.

If, while Elena is reading his mind, he shows any indication that he realizes he's being probed, she will switch to her Mental Transform power and erase his memory of being read. If his thoughts indicate that he is about to make any sort of public scene, she will do so immediately, before he has a chance to expose the telepathy. If his thoughts indicate that he will restrain himself and investigate it later, she will continue the probe and wait until she is finished reading his mind before erasing his memory.

If he does pick up on it, he'll know that someone is poking around in his mind. But since the culprit isn't in the same room, possibly not even in the same building, he'd have no way of knowing who is reading his mind.

Any of you can feel free to PM me if she uncovers any information you don't want to become public knowledge yet.

First things first, everyone in the court room please make a Notice check.

First, she will activate Precognition. Specifically, she's looking into the near future, for information regarding this trial. The results, the effects, etc. She will take 10 on any relevant Notice or Search checks, getting a result of 30.

She sees blood flowing down the stairs of the courthouse, which is on fire. She hears.... nothing. Nothing at all. She smells metal and sweat and gun oil and dust.

First things first, everyone in the court room please make a Notice check.

I will take 10 on notice getting a 20

She sees blood flowing down the stairs of the courthouse, which is on fire. She hears.... nothing. Nothing at all. She smells metal and sweat and gun oil and dust.

:shock:

The Scarab will switch to ESP and start searching an area 1 mile in diameter, centered on the courtroom. Normal search time is 1 hour. Rapid 3 reduces this to 3.6 seconds. She'll take 10 on any Notice or Search checks (30). This will fit within a single combat round.

Assuming no sudden developments, she will then begin another search, this time going over the area with a fine-toothed comb. She'll take 20 on the second search (40), which will take 72 seconds, or about 12 rounds.

Her Mind Reading is only rank 1 while ESP is active, so anyone who wants to screen her telepathy so she doesn't "hear" their "responses" can easily do so.

If the prosecution's lawyer starts shuffling people out of the courtroom, I reserve the right to make my move at that time. I'm not saying that I definitely will, but there is a strong possibility that I will. I am currently still brooding over my options. Basically all I am asking for is a chance to post.

The D.A. doesn't have the right to shuffle people out of the courtroom. He can ask that both lawyers approach the bench, and at that time make a motion for the judge to dismiss the audience from the courtroom. Then the defense attorney can argue with him. It's in the judge's hands.