Matter Over Mind

Ecalsneerg

OK, just making sure we're still all here, since as is kinda evident with the giant Communion death cloud thingie, we'll need to do that whole defending thing soon.

I'm going to give it a day/until everyone says they've nothing more to add to move forward. I don't need initiative yet, but if you want to get 'em up and ready, that'd be cool.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, now I know everyone's reading this, as the last GM post from AA says, they're here, but not seemingly rushing down from their spacecraft just yet. You do have a few minutes, for Master Plans, jury rigging, that sort of thing. Your PCs have suggested doing stuff in the last few posts, I'm really just getting inits in to try and move this along ASAP as soon as you guys have had the chance to try some of these ideas.

In hindsight, I asked for init a little prematurely, but my intention was, since this has stalled a little bit, get that now while we're getting it back up to speed so that when the Communion come, it doesn't need to slow down again. Sorry for the unclearness and jumping the gun on that.

Let's see... Net Fly will spend an HP to stunt Quickness 6 (x100) off of his Enhanced Dexterity.

Then, he will attempt to craft a turret control device using his Inventor and Improvised Tools (If necessary). Taking 10 on both Craft Electronic checks would grant him with a 10PP device.

Thinking it would be an Easy-To-Lose handheld controller that would "summon" and direct the turrets.

Device 3 (15PP; Flaws: Easy-to-Lose) [9PP] (Turret Controller)

Summon (Minion) 6 (90PP Minion, Up to 25 Minions; Extras: Fanatical, Horde, Flaws: Distracting, Duration[Concentration], Medium[Machines], Feats: Mental Link, Progression[Minions] 4) [11PP] (Mass Turret Controller)

At 9PPs, it would take 9 hours to design, and 36 hours to complete. With x100 Quickness, that would drop to 324 seconds and 1296 second respectively, for a total of 1620 seconds, or 27 minutes.

Any more ideas/suggestions are welcome

The Base Defense Turrets in question.

Character Name: Turrets
Power Level: 6 (90/90PP)
Trade-Offs: -4 Defense / +4 Toughness

Abilities: 0 + (-10) + (-10) + (-10) + (-10) + (-10) = -50PP
Strength: 10
Dexterity: --
Constitution: --
Intelligence: --
Wisdom: --
Charisma: --

Combat: 6 + 4 = 10PP
Initiative: +0
Attack: +3 Melee, +6 Ranged
Grapple: +3
Defense: +2 (+2 Base, +0 Dodge Focus), +1 Flat-Footed
Knockback: -8

Saving Throws: 0 + 0 + 0 = 0PP
Toughness: +10 (--, +10 [Protection], 6 Impervious)
Fortitude: --
Reflex: --
Will: --

Skills: 0R = 0PP

Feats: 12PP
Accurate Attack

Attack Focus (Ranged) 4

Improved Aim

Improved Initiative 3

Precise Shot 2

Power Attack

Powers: 45 + 60 + 16 = 121PP

Damage 6 (1'000'000ft; Extras: Autofire, Penetrating 12, Range[Ranged], Flaws: Action[Full-Round], Feats: Improved Range 12, Progression[Range] 9, Variable Descriptor 2[Any Energy: Fire, Electromagnetic, Nuclear) [45PP] (Reactive Cannon)

Immunity 60 (All Fortitude Effects, All Will Effects) [60PP] (Mechanical Automaton)

Protection 10 (Extras: Impervious 6) [16PP] (Steel Coating)

Drawbacks: (-0) + (-0) = -0PP

Vulnerability (Electromagnetism, Frequency: Very Common, Intensity: Major [x2]) [-5PP]

DC Block

ATTACK              RANGE      SAVING THROW            EFFECT
Reactive Cannon     Ranged     DC21 Toughness Save     Damage[Any Energy]

Totals: Abilities (-50) + Combat (10) + Saving Throws (0) + Skills (0) + Feats (12) + Powers (121) - Drawbacks (5) = -33/90 Power Points

Edited by Vahnyu
  • 2 weeks later...

Right then. Net Fly will use his Standard action to summon 10 turrets, using the Mass Turret Controller. Net Fly will be maintaining the summon, remainning Distracted.

Initiative for Turrets:

5 Turrets take the Aim Action, with the Improved Aim Feat.

5 Turrets will Ready a Combined Attack against a single hostile entity that gets within 500'000 ft. Energy Setting: Electromagnetic.

Attack Rolls, in case they're needed:

Toughness DC21+Autofire, +2 for every successful Combined Attack, if any(Though I doubt it). Penetrating 12.