Incursion: Blood in the Water (OOC)

Gizmo

At this point I'm waiting on a post letting me know Ana has the parts she needs; after than I guess we're looking at a Craft: Engineering roll to get the FTL back up and running?

Edit: here's a roll to speed things up. 1d20+19=24 Man, what a sucky roll! Hope it's enough.

Edited by Heritage
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assume that the parts arrived while Sei was talking to Eject over the comm, Heritage. She's got everything she needs so long as she's willing to get a little creative!

As for the roll, it's a good start! It's going to take her a solid minute to actually get the things up and running, which is to say ten rounds from when combat begins. Each round she can either take a full round action and make a Craft (Mechanical) roll against DC 20 - which Ana would automatically pass - or take a move action to make a roll against DC 30, which is trickier but frees her up to use her standard action for something else, which may end up being handy! Ten successes either way means the FTL drives are back online.

Feel free to get a post up for Ana IC now. Meanwhile, let's get an Initiative check from everyone so we can get the party started. Blue, let me know when you want to activate the Master Plan.

Communion Warship
Initiative: 1d20+6 8

Communion Fighters
Initiative: 1d20+6 9

29 - Seikahi’ino - Uninjured, 2HP
17 - Elite - Uninjured, 1HP
17 - Kharag - Uninjured, 2HP
17 - Deep Freeze - Uninjured, 1HP
9 - Paradigm - Uninjured, 2HP
9 - Communion Fighters x6 - Uninjured
8 - Communion Warship - Uninjured

FTL Drive Repairs: 0/10

The heroes aboard the Either Ore will have their hands full soon enough but for now I'm going to assume that helping Ana constitutes Sei's actions for this round. Goose, feel free to make an Aid check to help with Heritage's Craft (Mechanical) check. We'll start the initiative order in earnest with Elite.

A 10' cone doesn't get you quite as much in space as it does in the city but I'll say that hits the warship and one of the fighters. From your IC post should I assume you're holding off on activating her Master Plan?

Communion Warship
Reflex Save vs. DC 20: 1d20+2 7
Toughness Save vs. DC 25: 1d20+18 38

Communion Fighters
Reflex Save vs. DC 20: 1d20+7 24
Toughness Save vs. DC 20: 1d20+10 18

The fighters as minions, as before, so that's enough to take it out of the fight.

9 - Communion Fighters x5 - Uninjured

Kharag is up. Consider this your opportunity to position him where you'd like inside the Either Ore, Rob, before the fighting reaches him.

Heritage, go ahead and make that Craft (Mechanical) check for Deep Freeze, with the +2 provided by Sei's Aid action.

9 - Communion Fighters x5 - Uninjured

Communion Warship

Reflex Save vs. DC 22: 1d20+2 11

Toughness Save vs. DC 27: 1d20+18 30

Communion Fighters

Reflex Save vs. DC 22: 2#1d20+7 20 16

Toughness Save vs. DC 27: 2#1d20+10 30 22

9 - Communion Fighters x4 - Uninjured

FTL Drive Repairs: 1/10

Well, I assume Paradigm strikes with enough force to cause an excitation of the ambient particles generated by her radiation treated meta-physique, resulting in a chain reaction of micro-fission reactions in an outward arc, ultimately delivering concussive physical energy to her intended targets. I mean, that's just basic high school science stuff, right?

Communion Fighters
The remaining four needle ships ignore the Praetorians and strike the Either Ore, each one releasing four 'antibody' boarders. Four are near Kharag, eight are heading for the engine room near Sei and Ana and four are... somewhere else! I'm sure all those civilians in the cargo hold are fiiiiine.

Communion Warship
Targeted Area Attack vs. Elite, Paradigm: 2#1d20+13 26 14

That'll miss Paradigm but I'll need a DC 28 Toughness Save from Elite.

17 - Elite - Uninjured (Toughness Save Pending), 1HP
9 - Antibodies x16 - Uninjured

FTL Drive Repairs: 1/10