Incursion: Blood in the Water (OOC)

Gizmo

She is! I guess I never explicitly explained my devious code but when I bold an initiative number and character in the initiative list, that's to indicate that they're currently up!

There don't seem to be any antibodies on board, at least not in the same immediate section of the ship as Paradigm. Feel free to have her wreak havoc as seems appropriate and give me any Notice or Knowledge [Technology] rolls you'd like.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paradigm can see that while life support has clearly been stripped out and a lot of what would be open space for crew has been filled with other equipment, the basic bridge controls from before the warship's forcible retrofit seem to still be intact. Of course, she's not familiar with Khanate ship design and she doesn't really have the technical skills to figure them out on her own but it still might be useful information!

As for the damage she's doing inside, I'm going to forgo any rolls and represent that with a Staggered condition on the warship.

29 - Seikahi’ino - Uninjured, 3HP

17 - Elite - Uninjured, 1HP

17 - Kharag - Staggered, 0HP

17 - Deep Freeze - Fatigued, Staggered, 0HP

9 - Paradigm - Uninjured, 2HP

9 - Antibodies x5 - Uninjured

9 - Antibodies - Bound/Helpless x1,  Unconscious x1, Unconscious x4, Unconscious x5

8 - Communion Warship - Staggered, Dazed, Bruised x2

Communion Antibody

Toughness Save vs DC 25: 1d20+10 11

> 17 - Elite - Uninjured, 1HP

17 - Kharag - Staggered, 0HP

9 - Antibodies x4 - Uninjured

9 - Antibodies - Bound/Helpless x1, Unconscious x2, Unconscious x4, Unconscious x5

8 - Communion Warship - Staggered, Bruised x2

Rob, consider Kharag up in initiative, go ahead.

> 17 - Kharag - Staggered, 0HP
9 - Antibodies - Bound/Helpless x1, Unconscious x2, Unconscious x4, Unconscious x5

With his Speed 2 he can make it to the cargo bay but since he's staggered he'd need to Surge to do anything else once he got there. Of course, trying to save the refugees even when he's pretty beat up himself would be the honorable thing to do and probably worth an HP...

When attacking minions you can take 10 or choose to roll if you want the chance for a critical hit, similar to the way you might want to risk rolling a Skill for which you have Skill Mastery for the chance at a result better than 10. Earlier, when you used an HP to reroll, you should always roll a full d20 because rolling a 10 and adding 10 isn't the same a rolling a natural 20.

Communion Antibody
Toughness Save vs DC 25: 1d20+10 26

17 - Kharag - Staggered, Fatigued Next Round, 1HP
> 17 - Deep Freeze - Fatigued, Staggered, 0HP

So what I want to do is have Ana tell Sei to not worry about her, to go and help the rest of the crew defend the ship; she will then wait fir her to leave the engineering area, and seal the doorway after her with a thick ice wall.

I think this will require her to ready an action until after Sei leaves, thereby shifting Ana's place initiative order. Does that make sense?

Works for me, Heritage! Go for it!

> 9 - Paradigm - Uninjured, 2HP

Communion Warship
Toughness Save vs DC 27: 1d20+16 17

Wow! That's a second Staggered condition, so it's down for the count! Feel free to describe it's suitably spectacular demise!

> 9 - Antibodies x4 - Uninjured

Antibodies
Combined Attack vs Kharag: 2#1d20+10 16 16
Attack Refugees: 2#1d20+10 19 16

Lor-Van Refugees
Toughness Save vs DC 25: 2#1d20+5 12 6

That's two refugees with the dying status, in need of immediate medical attention!

> 29 - Seikahi’ino - Uninjured, 3HP
17 - Kharag - Staggered, Pending Fatigue, 1HP
17 - Deep Freeze - Staggered, Fatigued, 0HP

Goose, Sei needs to make an all-out movement to get to the cargo bay, so this looks like the perfect time to use those HP she's saved up to Surge for a Standard Action once she gets there!

Sounds like a great plan!

So she'll double move and get to the cargo bay.

My thinking is to have her arrive with her bow drawn. She has 'split attack' on her base arrow and I'm thinking she'd knock two of them for whatever she finds around the corner. How does split attack work? Is it one attack for two targets or two separate rolls? I'm not finding any clarification in the source material.

From Ultimate Power: "If an attack roll is required, the attacker makes one roll, comparing the results against each target." Since these are minions and Sei gets +10 to attacks with her bow, she can safely take 10 and hit both of her targets without needing to roll at all. How are you splitting the ranks of the effect between them?

She'll be Surging to do this, so take the opportunity to have a peek at the Extra Effort rules on Page 120 of the Core Rules. Extra Effort causes Fatigue on the following round, as you've seen with Ana and Kharag, but you can spend an HP to negate the adverse effects if you like.

Sounds good. Thanks for clarifying that Gizmo. I was searching all through the core book but didn't think to check Ultimate Power.

I'll have her split them evenly, five ranks per attack and taking 10 on the roll. I'm assuming it's the same two that Kharag have come across? Or is she in a different part?

Also I'll have her spend another HP to shake off the fatigue next round.

Your choice, she has clear sightlines to the whole cargo bay. There are two antibodies attacking Kharag and two terrorizing the civilians. Sei hasn't met Kharag yet but it's obvious at a glance that he's already pretty beat up but he's still much more capable of defending himself than the refugees.