Red Sky at Night (OOC)

Supercape

Ok combat is effectively over so Ill stop at this point. 

For Reference we have:

Blod - 2 HP - unharmed
Tsunami - Bruised - 2 HP
Crimson Tiger - Bruised - 4 HP 

The Ship is 5 Rounds from collision with FC Naval Base!

Blod senses the Captain is concealing something, and is hopeful of some kind of "victory"

Crimson Tiger needs a Sense Motive Roll. DC 10
  • Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats enough to spot the Captain's glorious confidence. 

Ok so the Ships explosives were incendiary grenades. Meant for OVERTHROW, but the captain has other ideas for them!

The explosions themselves will cause a DC 25 Toughness save. This will apply to Crimson and Blod. 

With the ample cover around, a DC20 Reflex save will totally protect you from the explosions

The Captain himself gets +5 to his Reflex save as he knew the explosions were coming. Blod also gets +5 to her Reflex save, her sense motive skill alerting her to something being up. 

1d20+10=27 he makes it. 

• 2 weeks later...

SC, Tsunami will try to use her Water Control to counter the current propelling the ship (ie stop the ship).  She will use extra effort to push her power (adding +2 ranks) in the effort, taking the level of fatigue for the moment.

Let me know what I should roll.

Ok so we fall back to action!

First off, the Admiral is more than he seems! A lightning bolt from the sky crashes in on Blod. 

His attack roll is: 1d20+12=30, meaning the lightning strikes the poor woman, and its a DC 23 Toughness save. 

This is a surprise attack. 

Could I have initiative rolls from you guys again, as you now have to deal with the Admiral. 

To Recap on status:

Blod - 2 HP - unharmed - On Deck
Tsunami - Bruised - 2 HP - Fatigued - Underwater
Crimson Tiger - Bruised - 4 HP - On Deck (Wherever you would like to narrate yourself, Thunder)
23 - The Admiral - Bruised - On Deck

1d20+8=23 for the Admirals Initiative

NB: TiffK, the Admiral is using an Atlantean Power ring to control the weather. Technically Blod can detect magic, but I was never sure in my head if this was magic or some kind of divine sea god descriptor. In the end, and to keep suspense and surprise, I decided to award you that mystery HP above and keep it hidden. I hope this is ok. If you want to narrate some fluff for how she missed it, you have complete license to do so, otherwise I will just say its some kind of divine Cthullu-esque descriptor. 

• 3 weeks later...