Red Sky at Night (OOC)

Supercape

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so its Villain time again. 

Devil Ray, still grappling Tsunami, is going to throw her into the city. Tsunami weighs around 100lbs. Devil Ray has an effective lifting / throwing Strength of 47. that is 7 increments over what is needed to lift Tsunami as a heavy load: or 1000 feet. This is enough to hit Freedom City shore, and cause a DC 22 Toughness roll. 

The Free Booter is basically secaped at this point (unless Tsunami lands on him?), so - on to the Captain. He is going to reload his shotgun (as fluff) and "storm" out to the deck of the ship in the storm. 

Round 9

25 - Blod - 1 HP - Hidden
24 - Tsunami - Bruised - Fatigued - 1000 feet away (on coast) - 2 HP
21 - Crimson Tiger - Bruised (1 Round from engines) - 4 HP 
13 - Devil Ray - Bruised x2
11 - Captain - Unharmed

We need Tsunami Tough Save as above, then

Blod is up again
  • 2 weeks later...

Just to be clear, her actions are 1) get up (move), 2) talk (free) and 3) swim (another move action)

Her speed is 100mph, or 1000 feet as a move action.  But as she is also diving back into the water, if you want to cut that back some SC, that is fine.

Its a fudgy area but I think lets say its a move action to get to the coast, so she hits the water this round but doesnt make any significant headway. 

Which means Crimson Tiger is up she is one more round from the engines, so its your call if you want to make another post, Thunder. 

Devil Ray is Bruised but will swoop down to Fire his Blasts at Blod. 

1d20+8=15 which will miss. 

The Captain has surrendered so will not act. 

Round 10

25 - Blod - 1 HP 
24 - Tsunami - Bruised - Fatigued - 1000 feet away (on coast) - 2 HP
21 - Crimson Tiger - Bruised (at engines) - 4 HP 
13 - Devil Ray - Bruised x2

[Captain is Injured and Surrendered]

NB: The Storm's effect provides partial concealment to Devil Ray flying above the ship, unless you have appropriate super senses or throw some light on the situation!

It is now clear the ship is heading directly for the Naval Base of Freedom City. It is hard to guage the time to destination due to the storm, although the winds seem to be pushing it towards the direction, unfortunately. 

On that note, can I have a DC 15 Notice Roll from Tsunami. 

Blod is up

Tsunami notices that there is a massive current pulling the ship towards the Naval base of Freedom City, it is not just the engines of the ship that is propelling it. 

Blod hits, as she has Darkvision, no partial concealment. I should however have given some indication of range: Still, I'll let that fly for now and say it hits. 

1d20+10=14 and his bruises catch up with him. Thats another bruise, and dazed. 1d20=2 he fails his concentration check so SPLASH, he is falls into the ocean. 

Tsunami is up. As the ship is moving, let us say it is now 1100 feet to the action. Of course, Devil Ray is now underwater, being pulled along by the current too, so she may wish to direct her attention there, or to the ship, or to the current itself, rather than boarding the ship itself. 

That is indeed a miss, I am afraid. Post away IC. 

Meanwhile, Crimson Tiger has hit the Engine Rooms. Pre-empting what you wish to do... I suggest:

Reversing the engines would be a Knowledge (Technology) Check, DC 20. 

Stopping the engines would be a Knowledge (Technology) Check DC 10. 

Disabling the engines i.e. Sabotage would be a Craft (Mechanics), Disable Device, or Knowledge (Tech) Check DC 15

This is to do it in one round. Each point you miss by would mean 1 more round of tinkering or smashing. 

Alternatively, you may wish to grab a ship hand and force him/her to do something, which would be an intimidate roll. It would take 1 round to do this, DC 15 Intimidate check, and then 1 round for the ship hand to act. 

This is all pre-emptive, you may of course wish to do other stuff or have nifty ideas that may bring bonuses to the above rolls!

Well, Mali's gonna grab somebody nearby and threaten bodily harm on them if they don't cooperate. Not normally her style, but this requires force, not finesse.

Oh, yeah, that really ought to work, lol

Gonna post IC, if that post doesn't work, just let me know and I'll change it.

Edited by Thunder King

And we move into the end of combat...or are we?

Round 11

25 - Blod - 2 HP 
24 - Tsunami - Bruised - Fatigued - 100 feet away (on coast) - Underwater - 2 HP
13 - Devil Ray - Bruised x3, Underwater

I am awarding Blod an HP for reasons that will become apparent later on. 
We remain in Lowlight conditions, both above and below water, due to the storm. Partial Concealment for ranged attacks. 
Swimming Rolls are at -5 Penalty due to the turbulence at this juncture. 
Devil Ray has Favoured Environment feat, and is gaining +2 Defence this round as per house rules. 

It is, unfortunately! The Battle underwater continues!

I'll skip Crimson's turn this round, as its basically monitoring the stiff who is disabling the engine (as per previous). 

So Devil Ray finally gets a chance to get back at Tsunami! He can take 10 on his swimming roll to get 22 and thus plow through the storm as a move Action

Standard Action will be a straight Punch at Tsunami!

1d20+8=15 is a miss again!

Round 12

25 - Blod - 2 HP - On Deck
24 - Tsunami - Bruised - Fatigued - 200 feet away (on coast) - Underwater - 2 HP
13 - Devil Ray - Bruised x3, Underwater - 200 feet away

We are back on, as Blod is basically conversing, we shall skip to Tsunami and her underwater duel once more!

I am moving the ship 100 feet due to the mysterious currents and storm. 
Partial Concealment for ranged attack due to low light
Swim DC 20 required
Engines are now down. 

Tsunami is up
Sense Motive Roll from Crimson Tiger and Blod, please!

It does indeed (I forgot to say DR is switching to attack bonus this round)

He has three bruises already...

1d20+9=10 well that is technically a knockout!!!

In order to keep Devil Ray out of prison, Im going to GM Fiat that as a stroke of escape luck, and award Tsunami and HP, Post IC and I will reply!

Tsunami 3 HP