Red Sky at Night (OOC)

Supercape

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Tsunami was still focused on the area around the propellers, so she might at least be able to detect him moving through the water when he gets closer. 

Should I make a notice check?  (also, should I make a notice check to see if she heard the captain?  or would the distance/other variables likely make that impossible?)

A notice check seems appropriate as Devil Ray approaches. Lets fluff this slightly:

DC 20 Notice him 100 feet away. 

DC 10 Notice him at the propellers. 

I dont think Tsunami could realistically hear the Captain. However, Blod could - not easy so lets call it a DC 20 Notice hearing check, -4 penalty for range. 

Understand about Tsunami being able to hear the captain (or not being able to as the case may be).  I thought she wouldn't but figured I would check.

As for spotting Devil Ray, Tsunami JUST makes her notice check to spot him at 100' out.

Edited by Thevshi

In which case we should probably have some initiative rolls for Devil Ray, Blod, and Tsunami, although Blod will not be aware of the underwater action for now. 

1d20+1=13 for Devil Ray

There is a question about whether Tsunami could surprise Devil Ray, but given his super senses (a Radius Sonar, Darkvision etc) and being underwater I think that is unlikely unless she can think of a good way to do so in the ocean!

EDIT: Also feel free to make a Knowledge (Current Events) Skill roll for how much you might now about Devil Ray. +4 for Eidectic Memory. 

DC 10: An underwater villain!

DC 15: Uses a power armour, member of the Crime Sindicate. 

DC 20 (Trained only): Known to hire himself out as a pirate, smuggler, etc to the highest bidder. Full of greed. 

(Largely for fluff, and feel free to flesh out accordingly!)

Right, that will explode into a fight between the Dockers and the Thugs! I'm not going to bother with a twenty strong minion fight / brawl - Ill fudge some effects - but the first question to you, Thunder is what will Mali do when the charge happens? And could you post your IC effort at diplomacy?

Ok I dont want to gum Crimson Tiger down in a long brawl under the pier, especially as its just minions, so Ill do some handwave fudge. Its going to be a big messy rugby scrum. 

Can you give me a Reflex save?

DC 20 to avoid any problems. 

DC 15 to get 1 bash

DC 10 to get 2 bashes

DC 5 to get three bashes. 

The bashes are from flying limbs and so on. The dockers and thugs are probably a bit stronger than average, and may or may not be using improvised weapons, so a DC 17 Toughness save per flying bash you get. 

It will tie her up for a bit, so back to the ship. 

Ok lets move into initiative time!

Round 1

25 - Blod - 2 HP

24 - Tsunami - Fatigued - Unharmed - 2 HP

21 - Crimson Tiger - Unharmed - 4 HP

13 - Devil Ray - Unharmed

Blod is currently at the Bridge so not engaging in combat, although it would be worth rolling initiative if you can, please, TiffK

Tiger is still down under the pier and not in combat with devil ray (Thunder, you can narrate the conclusion to the brawl as you wish). 

Tsunami has just been spotted by Devil Ray. She has initiative, although as Devil Ray spotted her, he is not flat footed. 

posting captains reply. Also, although he is not fighting, I am giving him an initiative if he does get embroiled. 1d20+8=11

Moving, somewhat arbitarilly, to round 2. 

Can Blod make a Sense Motive Roll DC 19

Round 2

25 - Blod - 2 HP

24 - Tsunami - Fatigued - Unharmed - 2 HP

21 - Crimson Tiger - Unharmed - 4 HP

13 - Devil Ray - Unharmed

11 - Captain - Unharmed

In addition, can I have a notice roll from Crimson Tiger - who is not on the ship yet, and may be waylaid!

Blod is up.