Red Sky at Night (OOC)

Supercape

1d20+8=11

I believe that is a DC 21 TOughness save, so that makes the Freebooter Dazed and Disabled. Also, CT is down to 3HP

The Devil Ray is going to fly into the air, and with the aid of his supersenses, locates all three heroes who are now more or less (I think) in the fore of the ship. He fires his blasts at Tsunami: 1d20+8=20 which I think hits. Thats a DC 24 Toughness save for Tsunami

The Freebooter is up next, and as he is dazed, is not acting. 

As for the Captain, alarms ring and the ship moves out of the dock, sailing southwards. 

The environment is now a full raged storm, which means DC 10 Concentration checks to sustain any powers on your turn, and movement is hampered to 50%, and we are in low-light conditions. 

Round 7

25 - Blod - 1 HP
24 - Tsunami - Fatigued - Unharmed - 2 HP
21 - Crimson Tiger - Bruised - 3 HP
13 - Devil Ray - Bruised
11 - Free Booter - Injured, Dazed (until 21), Disabled. 
11 - Captain - Unharmed

Blod is up again. 

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Crimson TIger's...gonna have a minor freakout here. This is similar to something she dealt with previously. She accidentally nearly killed the robotic hero Steel Shrike, and as far as she can tell, Freebooter's like him, an intelligent, self-aware robot. SO instead of attacking, she's going to freak out.

So, Devil Ray Binds Tsunami in a Grapple, and will automatically beat that strength roll, thus sailing back into the air with her in his loving arms! ;) to keep it relatively simple, Ill say he soars 100  feet into the air. 

The damaged Freebooter will Jump away: his Acrobatics Roll is 1d20+12=31 which adds 16 feet to base leaping distance. His base running leaping distance is 14 feet, so that is a neat 30 feet: then with Leaping 4 at x25, we have a nifty 750 foot jump away into the darkness!!!

The Captain will blast the controls of the ship, and I will rule that they are damaged as a result. 

Round 8

25 - Blod - 1 HP
24 - Tsunami - Fatigued - Bound (Grappled) - 2 HP
21 - Crimson Tiger - Bruised - 4 HP
13 - Devil Ray - Bruised x2
11 - Free Booter - Injured, Disabled. , 750 feet away, out of sight. 
11 - Captain - Unharmed

Blod is up

Tsunami only gets a 13 on her survival roll, though, that is probably an 11 after the -2 (not sure if her water supersense would help any).

So, if she and DR are only 100 feet up, is she able to look down at the water?  (you said he was holding her by her wrists).

I dont think the water supersense would necessarily help in navigation - I could possibly buy a +2 situational modifier but it would be moot. 

Yes, she can look down! its pretty dark, the sea is black, but then she could certainly perceive the sea by her supersense even if she couldn't visually see it. 

Well, I have two ideas for something Tsunami might try.

1)  Use her water control power to pull up a bunch of water to wrap around her and Devil Ray and try to use that to help her escape from the grapple.

Or

2)  Stunt an alt power that is just an area attack (again pulling up a bunch of water but this time just as an attack) in the hopes she might stun Devil Ray and he will let her go (of course, she might take damage as well).

Wanted to see which you thought was more workable.