I'm looking to do some Kicking GMing...!

Supercape

Thats good stuff, Cubist - in fact there is some stuff related to Kickers called Bangs (in theory) that is what you may be on about.

I'm good to go with this.

However - and this goes for Bree/TT/Arichamus and others too, I have currently reached my GM limit (which incidentally is pretty large, I have lost count of the threads I am GMing but it is double figures at the moment). To be honest, I may have stretched myself to thin already.

First off apologies, do not take offence, I have done this on pretty much a first to the post with a formed kicker.

Secondly, this is not a brush off. At this point, there are two options: wait until I have space, [Cubist first in line, ARichamus Second], or take up Ozob or any others on offers of GMing (I would certainly like somebody else to GM a few kickers / improv style to see what I can learn from that but I have no wish to force that).

In the mean time, this thread is still open for people to post ideas for kickers, I will get to them in the fullness, and it is still open to people offering to GM them, and for people to take up other GMs than me.

EDIT: If any other people GM / Use Kickers may I request they post about it here / link (at least for now), as I would certainly be interested to see how they are used and maybe others would too.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

To follow up where we left off in the chat.

After a week of dead ends Omen had finally cornered a suspected bomb maker for the Russian Mafiya to his residence in a local appartment complex. Hoping to get a drop on said bomb maker Omen enters the residence with the intention of interrogating him before turning him over to the police. Unfortunately the entire rumor trail had been a set up. A nasty little rumor had gotten around through Freedom City's less than savory types that Omen was working for the competition trying to make a foothold in the city by cutting of Driogano's major source of armaments(the Mafiya). Upon entering through the window, Omen soon found himself handcuffed to the bombmaker, now revealed to be hired gun attempting to take out the competition, holding a remote detonator. It wasn't long before he set off a series of explosives rigged throughout the building. The resulting chaos left a dazed Omen still handcuffed to the hired gun in a now burning building. Meanwhile, cries for help filled the air from the other residents of the appartment complex.

Might've gone overboard with the clutter of events though. At least I didn't have Omen or the hired gun pinned beneath burning rubble as well.

• 2 years later...

I'd be up for this. Miras could decode an imminent prophecy she has to delay, or TNTeen could be caught in a collapsing building (that he collapsed!) or maybe Blue Jay is challenged to a 'game' of skill by the likes of Orion.

• 2 weeks later...

If you're still up for this SC I wouldn't mind doing something for Triakosia. I was thinking of something about memory and identity, someone come to her with information about who she might be, but obviously  it seems to good to be true...

It would be around how far she will go to find out about her previous life and identity, and maybe the temptations that got with that.

Cho need to get some complications milked. Specifically, Cho's general immaturity and lack of understanding the responsabilities and repercussions of what exactly beign a superhero entails. Add some family drama and them risking getting harmed. Althought I'm not exactly sure how that could come about.

That sounds interesting Rob - do you have some flesh to put to that?

I will note (as per my essay on complications) that character traits like "immaturity" or "temper" are exceptionally difficult to work as complications, although they can make good role playing fun. They sound great on paper, but in practice they never hit the mark. 

Working parents as vulnerable significant others is easier. 

A kicker is something you write yourself - it goes counter to tactical RPG thinking, as you are deliberately getting your character into proper trouble. Not an enemy or a such like, but a position of anxiety. 

For instance, Parents turning up on your doorstep saying they have found a cure for Terminus powers, and would like (demand) Cho takes it. And they have arranged for involuntary administration of that cure...

I say that as an example. Not to use. It demonstrates what a kicker is - something that kicks a character into action - and usually that means put them into an uncomfortable situation.