I'm looking to do some Kicking GMing...!

Supercape

How about...

The thread opens right in the middle of the action, with Cho having seriously gone over her head and not planned things one bit as she's fending off some criminals due to the ever-so-brilliant plan of "Charge in, stop the bad guy". Once she gets back home (we can assume it's the week end since she mostly live at Claremont), she gets into family drama because of it. Of course, that's not the end of her problems as someone has not taken kindly to that amateur wannabe superhero ruining his whole operation. Someone dangerous. Doesn't need to be a major villain, just someone cunning and ruthless enough to give Cho a serious scare as he puts her family in danger.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats interesting Rob, care to expand on that? Swapping time frames is interesting (and I have done it before with flashbacks). However I think it needs a little flesh into what actual problems / kick Cho has. 

The ones I have done on this thread have had very simple but effective "summaries" like waking up permanantly locked in superhero form or somebody finding the secret ID of the hero out. 

In discussion with Ari about that case Rob, In chat I gave the example

"Stagger in through the back door of family home in superhero costume, hear Parents light come on, and see the sidekick of Supervillain straggling up to the house having followed her..."

This gives an example of a kicker. It is something immediate, tangible and awful. 

The advantage (and there are disadvantages too) of a kicker is your chance to (at least initially) write something like this that would not otherwise come up in play (as no GM would dare inflict such random horror). You can write yourself a hero point straight off. 

The important things are that you control a kicker, its an oppurtunity to go somewhere different than normal peril -> react, and it is immediate, tangible, and problematic. 

In short, it kicks your character up the backside, and kicks you straight into action (by which I do not mean necessarily physical action, but choices and dilemnas too). 

Hey SC, if you're not fully loaded up I've a request to get into this kicking.

Basic idea is that while handling a fairly routine bit of superheroics, talking down a nervous gunman, King of Suits gets shot. Said shot is incredibly lucky, as it pierces his armor and gives him an injury that while not immediately life-threatening will kill him eventually if he doesn't get it treated. And right about then, the second King Cole and second Blackbird start simultaneous havoc in the Fens, the malevolent monarch aiming to increase his territory in the wake of a general slip in the balance of mob power, and the masked muddle-head busting a pack of low-rent thugs with his customary over-brutality and property damage.

While staving off exhaustion and blood loss, his weaponry failing at the worst possible times, and needing to keep his identity hidden on top of it all, Kingy has to deal with both of them.

Thats a kicker for sure!

One point is I dont know or have the stats for those super criminals, so that may be a problem if I GM.

I love the idea of getting shot though. A trail of blood, needing medical assistance, down and dirty in the Fens. All awesome. Maybe this can be a street type thread, with some regular Joes coming to Kings aid (or selling him out) when some crooks start coming round door to door threatening people?

King Cole II doesn't need to really show up in person to menace folks, he's mostly a background Mob Boss kind of supervillain, like the Kingpin but without the implausible physique and more weird folk-tale themed gadgets. Blackbird II is even easier, an evil Raven knockoff.

And that sounds very awesome and tricky SC. I am down with that.