The look Trevor gave Erin was at her evasive answer was subtle, and anyone else in a position to see his face probably would have simply read it as flat, unimpressed disbelief. The powerhouse knew him well enough to see the brief undercurrent of hurt that passed through his ruby and onyx hued eyes before he refastened his mask. "...right." It was also clear to Erin that the topic was going to come up again later when they had more privacy, but their relationship was built on trust more than anything, despite it being something that did not come particularly easily to either of them.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erin ran a hand over her sticky hair before turning away towards the group, crossing her arms in a gesture that could only be interpreted as defensive. "Yeah," she told Mark, "I think we're done here. Not much else we're going to be able to do right now." For once, saving the day wasn't their responsibility, and they'd done all they could to save this part of the city. "May as well be back at the Manor in case another call comes in. And I need a shower and change of clothes." She headed for the cruiser, pausing at the trunk to pull out a plastic sheet for the seat. Even distracted and defensive, she respected a really nice car.

Back at Midnight Manor, Mark let Ace and Bombshell take charge of dealing with the money, figuring that with all their mutual experiences with theft and wealth they knew what to do with a massive quantity of gold. He sensed that neither Trevor or Erin were in a mood to talk to him, which left him without a great deal of options. "So listen, uh, we should probably organize something with the Norse in the near future," he suggested. "If they're going to cause trouble on Earth every time there's a crisis, we're going to make sure we're ready for them. When you got close to him, Erin, did he look especially empowered or anything? More than he did back in the 40s."

That drew a shrug from Erin, who'd been silent (not that it was a huge surprise) on the trip back. "I don't know, I wasn't around in the forties," she pointed out. "He's definitely got a powerful strike. If we can work something out I guess it would be good, but he didn't exactly seem open to reasoning and compromise. I don't know if that's how they all are, or just him. And is the Pact still going to be in place after this, assuming we all survive? I didn't think he was supposed to be able to get here at all."

Ace looked over the gold with a slight shrug and spent a few moments discussing it with bombshell as they worked out the least disruptive manner to introduce what was likely approaching a full ton of gold to the market, other than what people wished to retain as trophies he'd buy the rest at current market value and keep the bulk at the manor for a rainy day. Returning flipping one coin absently as he spoke he replied, "There are several pantheons who find ways around that particular issue with surprising ease." he remarked flippantly, "His wartime entry was as an avatar of some sort more of an empowered mortal than true divinity." He explained away any variance in power with that simple truth. "I'm no expert on the pact but fro what I understand it is somewhat driven by intent and action than purely by presence." he rubbed his forehead thinking about inter-dimensional metaphysics made his head hurt. "Regardless I think young Mr. Lucas has an absolutely stellar idea as it seems they are stirring once more to meddle in things they ought not."