Fisticuffs Fundraiser! (OOC)

Geez3r

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, if you don't want to see Jack get smacked down, I'm doing something wrong! He takes being outrageous very seriously. That level of obnoxiousness takes commitment.

Anyway, I'm fine with Jack and Grim going next; if I were organizing this thing in-universe, I'd definitely schedule the giants as the grand finale!

Ha ha, man, I've been waiting to do that blindfold thing for so freaking long, way before I even got around to buying the accurate effect, even. I thought Grim might follow suit. So, quick rules check before we get this party started in earnest: Grim's accurate super sense is tied to her hearing, right? How does that interact with Stealth?

Depends on how loud you can make them roar with your witty banter ;)

Hmm, say... making a check against the audience, à la the "Creating a Diversion to Hide" component of Stealth?

Actually, given Grim's Notice modifier, unless the cheering crowd deals a substantial penalty, it's probably not that great an idea anyway. To quote one Mr. Cobb, I just get excitable as to choice; like to have my options open. I'll let Geez3r decide how he wants to deal with all of that. In the mean time...

I'll make a Feint check as a standard action; Skill Mastery makes it an automatic 31. Then, since move actions are pretty useless in this case, I suppose I'll use Acrobatics as a Perform skill to impress the audience; once again, Skill Mastery comes into play to make it a flat out 25. I guess that makes it a "memorable performance; audience enthusiastic". I'll also take up a Defensive Stance, putting Jack's Defense at 28.

Alright he hasn't used stealth just feint.

You oppose Feint with Sense motive or bluff (unless he's using acrobatic bluff which I don;t think is the case"

If he is successfull you are flat footed against his next attack

As you have accurate hearing you can target him normally. no notice check needed

Bluff check vs. Feint (1d20+21=39)

Can't play a playa! Since it's not a surprise attack, Jack easily dodges the punch (17 vs. 28).

Now, Jack is going to start off with a Taunt at DC 31, then, assuming the cheering caused by his Acrobatics performance last round constitutes enough of a distraction, he'll try a Stealth check at DC 25, both courtesy of Skill Mastery. He'll also keep up his Defensive Stance for the extra Defense bonus.

Bluff check vs. Feint (1d20+21=39)

Can't play a playa! Since it's not a surprise attack, Jack easily dodges the punch (17 vs. 28).

Now, Jack is going to start off with a Taunt at DC 31, then, assuming the cheering caused by his Acrobatics performance last round constitutes enough of a distraction, he'll try a Stealth check at DC 25, both courtesy of Skill Mastery. He'll also keep up his Defensive Stance for the extra Defense bonus.

Okay, here we go!

Bluff vs Taunt = 30. So close! Not gonna waste the HP, especially since it's totally in character for her to be super-pissed at this point.

Acrobatic Bluff to power Feint via Skill Mastery: 33. We'll see if that one is also ignored :D(Edit: should actually be a 31)

Notice check to hear the sneakiy lil' SOB: 1d20+12=27 "I have you now."

Power Attack to paste Jack in the beezer (-3 for PA, -2 for Taunt: 1d20+5=10 Fie, I say, fie!

Blows HP, filled with shame: 1d20+5=16. A grand total of 16, mind you :roll:

Alright, so the Taunt confers a -2 penalty to checks, which should but the Feint check at 31, right? While I'm thinking of it, does it being an Acrobatic Bluff rather than a regular Bluff make a difference for the cumulative +1 bonus for resisting Grim's first Feint?

Alright, so the Taunt confers a -2 penalty to checks, which should but the Feint check at 31, right? While I'm thinking of it, does it being an Acrobatic Bluff rather than a regular Bluff make a difference for the cumulative +1 bonus for resisting Grim's first Feint?

Good call on the -2 reduction, no idea on the second question.

Well, it's pretty much a moot point since Jack's Skill Mastery gives him a steady 31 Bluff check; with the Taunt penalty factored in, he beats Grim's Feint automatically. Which means the attack misses as well, obviously. I gotta tell you, this is a welcome change from getting knocked out of the fight in the first round.

Damn it, I hate writing long posts that still add up to 'Grim misses completely' - grr! :evil:

Edit: Wait a sec, Acrobatic Feint is not resisted by Bluff, Gizmo; only Sense Motive or Acrobtaics, per page 56 of corebook. Punch is +3 from Power Attack, in case that wasn't clear.