Fisticuffs Fundraiser! (OOC)

Geez3r

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha ha, I just twigged on who Grim reminds me of, with all of the costume changes. Anybody watch any classic Super Sentai? (Warning: be prepared for a montage of truly ridiculous fanservice questionably justified as badassery.)

Also, I don't care how high his Defense is, I'm glad Jack didn't have to go up against Atlas. DC 31... sheesh. Jack could roll a 19 on his Toughness save and still be stunned. If he rolled a 10, he'd be flat out unconscious in one hit!

Actually, if Atlas hit Jack with that attack, he would have had to have rolled a natural 20, so Jack would be facing a DC 36 attack. :awesome:

Which is why against Jack, Atlas would be using Accurate Attack 5 and All Out Attack 5 or Shockwave. By the same token, Jack would have to Power Attack 4 before he even had a chance of missing Atlas's base defense (natural 1's aside). We're both PL 11, but our Trade-offs are the exact opposite.

Actually, if Atlas hit Jack with that attack, he would have had to have rolled a natural 20, so Jack would be facing a DC 36 attack. :awesome:

Which is why against Jack, Atlas would be using Accurate Attack 5 and All Out Attack 5 or Shockwave. By the same token, Jack would have to Power Attack 4 before he even had a chance of missing Atlas's base defense (natural 1's aside). We're both PL 11, but our Trade-offs are the exact opposite.

Man, even with trade-off feats, that'd be one looooong fight. Feinting is kinda Jack's bread and butter, but it'd be pointless against Atlas. I guess Taunting and Distracting would be worth something, but I think the best solution would be a good Trick check in a construction site!

For the sake of argument, I was roughly treating Fulcrum's surge attack like a Nauseate check against Jack's Fortitude; since that's only +5 and the DC was 32... I'm just assuming it messed him up pretty bad. Probably won't do that every time this happens, since he'd be expecting it now, but right after Atlas' 300 megaton punch, this really did him in.

EDIT: Since this takes place before the Interceptors Intervention thread, Jack's still being kind of a jerk. He just wanted to take a night off from thinking about dying and getting all hellfired-up, but nooooo, Mona had to go and spill Terminus energy all over his new blouse. Also, I have no idea if Dark Star can even shield from radiation, but neither does Jack; he's just assuming. 'Cause, hello, cosmic guys can do anything.