Fisticuffs Fundraiser! (OOC)

Geez3r

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of which, and at the risk of getting ahead of ourselves, how do you want to play the second bout, Heritage? Claws vs. swords, or straight-up unarmed boxing? Jack hurts a little more from losing his weapon of choice, but Grim's already got the advantage in terms of PL and Powers, so I could go either way.

I was assuming it would be unarmed, just the boxing, but let me look over Jack's sheet and see what looks more fair.

No overt offensive super powers. Flying is looked down upon a little. Then modify to suit the individual bouts. When I initially proposed the idea, I thought we had a lot more fisticuff adept people on the boards.

Colt and Ace have agreed no weapons and possibly no armor as well.

Sounds like Ace and Colt are going with no powers (not that either really have any applicable), no gear. As for fighting styles I'm pretty open to whatever, Sounds like Colts more of a brawler than pugilist after all. Since mechanically its all the same basically I think keeping assorted styles open will be more entertaining.

No its actually the start of your turn. Trying to break the grapple is a move action. Activating a power is a standard that forgoes your chance of breaking the grapple this turn.

If there's one thing I know from CapK... It's grappling rules.

Here's two opposed checks just in case you decide to need them :)

opposed grapple, just in case (1d20+15=17, 1d20+15=30)

You have a pretty good chance of beating that first one ;)

Taking 10 with acrobatic Bluff (DC 30)

If that works, I'm using a HP to pick up Sneak Attack. Which would leave 3HP remaining, (unless I get one for being without device).

Power Attack FTW! Power Attack 5; DC 22 on hit; DC 24 with sneak attack. (1d20+8=11)

Yikes, god forbid I roll well >_> HP to make it count!

Power Attack 5; DC 22 on hit; DC 24 with sneak attack. (1d20.minroll(11)+8=21)

Down to 2 HP

sense motive vs. demoralize (1d20+15=19) Nope.

Can't beat the bluff.

So 22 will most definitely hit my FF Def. (Not to mention being demoralized)

TOU vs DC26 (1d20+4=11) Thank god for hero points:

HP Reroll: TOU vs DC26 (1d20.minroll(11)+4=21) Bruised and Stunned. I'll go down to 2 HP in order to clear the Stun. Thank god for Luck3!

Hindsight, each of those saves should have been lower by two from demoralize, but the results are the same since that last save fails by 7.

---

My turn. Really going to have to make this match turn around some how. I know! Grapple!

Move: Acrobatic Bluf DC 30

Standard: Grapple! Attack, then Opposed Grapple (1d20+13=21, 1d20+15=20)

In case its necessary, I'll re-roll that grapple HP Reroll: opposed grapple (1d20+15=35) (Down to 1 HP)

I'll use my last HP to pick up Improved Pin which will bring me down to 1 HP (Or 0 HP if the above re-roll is necessary)

Colt will execute a Pin as part of the Grapple.

Also, I'm just going to assume that we're not going to bother with KB here, because of, you know... the children in the front row and all :P

EDIT: Again, I forgot the -2's, but I think a 19 still hits you flatfooted, and if the 18 doesn't beat your grapple, the 33 should.

EDIT: Just in case you need it for later and to speed things up, here is another grapple check for you to oppose when you try to escape (Remember the -4). This check is no longer at a -2 as it will be your turn.

opposed Grapple (1d20+15=26)

Yea, sounds fair by me. Considering ACE's other bonuses, there's not much other way I'm going to win this shindig in a timely manner.

Simply opposing an incoming grapple is not an action. It's just a reaction. It's trying to escape while grappled that takes a move action.

And I can't beat that DC 38. So my next turn is done (just gonna maintain the pin, I guess). You're up again.