Player Away Thread

Barnum

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm back! Kinda. Now that I'm home from camp(it was awesome, so expect to lose me for the summer again next year), and have caught up with all my friends here in the real world, I'm finally ready to come back. Though i did just start back up the school year, so it may take me a while to jump back into posting. I'm hoping to write a "what I did on my summer vacation" post for my characters sometime soon. But this block promises to be more intense then last block. We'll see.

Don't worry about it too much, SB. I'm off on business travel, so I probably won't be posting IC until Friday evening at the earliest. I'll still check in to keep caught up on what's going on.

Awesome. I'll be posting on Friday, most likely.

I'm going to be away most of the weekend -- house- and dog-sitting for my mom (who's taking a short vacation to NY).

Have fun! See you when you get back.

• 2 weeks later...

To be drawn in by Fable II, I'd need an Xbox 360. Last game console I owned was a Sega Genesis (which I won in a contest I was unaware I had been entered into; my brother submitted an entry in my name).

And for those of you who are curious: first "almost burned down" happened when a short in the heating & air conditioning system set the entire system into a continuous "defrost" mode, and we could not get it to shut off. Temp climbed about 2 degrees an hour. Eventually we realized we could switch it off by cutting the circuit breaker, though when we did the entire panel was very hot and buzzing loudly, and the wall around it was very warm; if we'd waited much longer, there could've been a nasty fire.

Second "almost burned down" was more directly my fault. Minor grease fire in the kitchen as I was cooking some fries; oil spilled onto the burner and lit, and as I picked up the pan to move it away one of the cats decided to headbutt my shin, causing me to jostle the pan and spill hot oil all over the stove and under all the burners, spreading the fire. Fortunately, our house came with two fire extinguishers. Cleaning the mess they made was nasty, but the alternative would've been far nastier.