Triple Murder in Riderside, Rebooted [OOC]

Dr Archeville

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should've asked for this at the same time, but... roll initiatives, too!

First round's a surprise round, because none of the combatants are seen/sensed by Scarab (and one baddie is seen by no one). Scarab gets to do nothing (and is flat-footed). Avenger and Slamdance (and all the Baddies) may take one move or one standard action in this surprise round.

Bad Guy Rolls

Fox: 23

Concealed thing no one's seen: 16

Shark: 15

Vulture: 7

EDIT: None of the Bad Guys can see Avenger, God of Stealth, so they just see Slamdance and Scarab.

Everyone gets 1 HP.

Scarab gets one more HP, because the bad guys took measures against some of her mental abilities (most pertinently, her Uncanny Dodge). Specifically,

Obscure 4 (mental senses, 50-ft. radius [front half of house and about 30 feet in front of it]; Extra: Continuous; PF: Subtle) in an Easy to Lose Device

Trying something new for this one, always fun! ;) I'm power-stunting Enhanced Feats: Fearsome Presence 7 off Jack's linked Insubstantial and Flight, giving him a total of Fearsome Presence 9. The subsequent Will save is DC 19, and he gets his opponents in a range of 45 feet. In an animated series, exactly what he says is left off-camera, with the viewers seeing only the reactions of onlookers.

I'm not sure Fearsome Presence works as an AP off Insubstantial/Flight. I'd allow it off his Animal Control, though.

Surprise Round

Initiatives - Character - Condition - HPs

23+ - Fox - Undamaged

23- - Avenger - Undamaged - 2 HP

18 - Scarab - Undamaged but surprised - 3 HP

17 - Slamdance - Undamaged - 2 HP

16 - Concealed thing no one's seen - Undamaged

15 - Shark - Undamaged

7 - Vulture - Undamaged

Edit: Scarab gets another VP (3 now) as Fox uses a VP to re-roll his attack (because even with a flat-footed defense of 12, he managed to miss her).

And now she needs to make a DC 18 Fort save vs. the Freeze Ray.

(So far it seems the dice do not favor the bad guys.)

Once Slamdance posts, I'll post for the rest.