Triple Murder in Riderside, Rebooted [OOC]

Dr Archeville

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Slamdance only got a 9 on his acrobatics roll.

How high was it?

The upside is, as long as he's not too high off the ground he should be able to absorb it.

-Razorback

The Acrobatics check to reduce falling damage is DC5. Every point your check exceeds the DC by reduces the damage rank by 1. So your roll of 9 (5+4) reduces the damage by 4.

Falling damage is +1 per 10ft. So you effectively reduced your falling distance by 40ft.

Combine that with the fact that you have Toughness +8 (6 Impervious), and you really shouldn't be worried. :D

We would have to have been at least 100ft up to even force a Toughness save from you.

We would have to have been at least 100ft up to even force a Toughness save from you.

Which goes back to my question of how high were they when Scarab dropped 'em, since Avenger's Imp Toughness is only 2, so he'd be in danger if dropped from over 20 feet up. He's the main reason I ask.

A far more important question, concerning both equally: where is she dropping them? In the alley/street? On Vulture's head? Onto one of the buildings bordering the alley?

I figured we were a few stories up at the most.

Why don't we go ahead and just say that when Avenger said "Drop me NOW!" he was lined up to drop behind some kind of obstacle that would block line of sight from us to his landing. Then he could pop into mist form, "land," and pop out again.

Slamdance's landing obviously isn't an issue.

Alright. Avenger, I need a Stealth check, assuming he's being at all stealthy when approaching Vulture.

I also need you to tell me what you're rolling in those two rolls in the IC thread. The first roll has +11, and the second's at +18, but I'm not seeing a +11 or +18 anywhere on your char sheet. Unless you're taking a +2 cheating bonus on your melee attack roll & grapple check. (Sneak Attack increases the Damage, not the chance to hit.)

I'm using Skill Mastery as my default, Archeville, giving Avenger a total Stealth roll of 30.

And I, er, do have +11 as my melee attack bonus as of my most recent upgrade...

No, that'd be 27 on Stealth. Your upgrade requests haven't been okayed yet, so you still use what's on your sheet.

Initiatives -- Character -- Condition -- Location

21 -- Scarab -- Unharmed

19 -- Slamdance -- Unharmed

15 -- Hellhound (mind controlled) -- Unharmed

15 -- Hellhounds x2 (still loyal) -- Unharmed

10 -- Hobo -- Unharmed

13 -- Avenger -- Unharmed (or is he?)

13 -- Hellhounds x2 (still loyal) -- Unharmed

4 -- Vulture -- Unharmed, but grappled by Avenger.

Two of the Demon Dogs held their action until they saw a target (Avenger). And one crit-ed!

I'm not even bothering to roll Vulture's opposed grapple check vs. Avenger this round, since he can't beat a 30.

However, if Avenger is stunned by either of the demon-dog's attacks, he'll let Vulture go, and so he wouldn't need to make a Concentration check to get off his attack, so I'd need to edit the IC thread to reflect that.

I believe it's Slamdance's turn...

So, if he has enough room, he will make a slam attack on one of the dogs, the one closest to him.

If he had 10-250ft for a normal attack, he recieved an 11 . If he had 500ft to make an accelerated movement, it would have an additional +2 for a total of 13.

If he had neither the space nor angle to do this, he will move against the same dog for a normal melee attack, which has the same +2 bonus as his normal movement slam attack for a total of 11.

Depending on which he does, I'll put my response up in IC. :D

Next round actions:

Free Actions to maintain Flight and Force Field.

The Scarab will Fatigue herself for an extra Standard Action this round. She'll use a Standard Action to maintain the Mind Control effect on the first Hell-Hound, and a Full Action to Mind Control a second hound. She gets a 21.

Free Actions to use Instant Command to compel both hounds to attack Vulture-Man. Second Mind Control check, to force the second hound to do something strongly against its nature, gets a 26.

The nearest dog?

Sorry, you did say dog.

Misses that, too.

Scarab, I need a second Mind Control roll, for the command to "attack your master" aimed at the second demon dog.

Avenger, is that lethal or nonlethal damage you're doing? The way you described the attack, it could go either way.

If it's lethal, you'll get a... well I won't call it a Hero Point, instead I'll say a Complication Point. Possibly two. And (potentially) a new archnemesis.