Triple Murder in Riderside, Rebooted [OOC]

Dr Archeville

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Scarab will use the Mind Reading effect linked to her ESP to engage the master of the hell-hounds in a mental grapple.

Mind Reading check to initiate mental contact: 20.

Mental Grapple check (Will): 34.

If she wins, she'll inflict non-lethal damage with her Wisdom bonus (+4 = DC19 Will Save). I don't believe she can use her Mental Blast, since it's an AP of the ESP/Telepathy effect she's already using.

I'm not trying to resolve this encounter remotely. I'm just trying to delay him and maybe scare him off from killing his quarry, to buy us time to hunt his ass down.

Will save vs. Scarab's Mind Reading to shake off initial grapple contact attempt -- 17

Will save vs. Scarab's Mind Reading to oppose mental grapple check --19

Will save. vs. DC 19 damage -- 20, no damage.

But he does notice that. Well, not Notice notice, but he does know someone's watching him and trying to squeeze his mind.

From how high & from how far is Scarab dropping her passengers? If she is in fact dropping them, it's basically damage like from a fall (+1 bonus per 10 feet, Acrobatics check to reduce).

Vulture, the hellhounds and his quarry are all in either a wide alley or a narrow closed-off section of street (10-15 feet wide), flanked on one side by a seemingly empty three-story building (perhaps once an apartment) and on the other by a seemingly empty one-story building (may have been a convenience store). "Hobo" is still surrounded by the pack, badly bruised and bleeding from a few cuts and scrapes but still alive.

Vulture's initiative: 4

His five Hellhounds: 15

Initiatives -- Character -- Condition -- Location

21 -- Scarab -- Unharmed

19 -- Slamdance -- Unharmed

15 -- Hellhounds x5 -- Unharmed

10 -- Hobo -- Unharmed

13 -- Avenger -- Unharmed

4 -- Vulture -- Unhamred

Assume The Scarab is taking Free Actions to maintain Flight and Force Field unless I say otherwise.

Full Action to initiate Mind Control on one of the Hell-Hounds.

With the Subtle feat and Mental extra, Vulture-Man gets a DC20 Notice check to pick up on it.

Use Mental Link feat and Instant Command extra to compel the Hell-Hound to attack Vulture-Man as a Free Action.

Mind Control check: 18.

Hell-Hound gets a Will Save to oppose.