Demon Dog cannot beat that. :(

End Round 2

Initiatives -- Character -- Condition -- Location

21 -- Scarab -- Unharmed

19 -- Slamdance -- Unharmed

10 -- Hobo -- Unharmed

13 -- Avenger -- Unharmed

4 -- Vulture -- unconscious

Again, Vulture cannot beat Avenger's grapple, so I'm not bothering to roll the opposed check.

Grapple opponents do not lost their Dodge bonus to Defense vs. the person grappling them, so Sneak Attack does not enter in.

And he fails the toughness save by 15, so he's unconscious. (If Avenger chose lethal, he'd be unconscious and dying, and Avenger would've torn one of his arms out of its socket.)

Mind Reading check to probe Vulture-Man: 18.

If I get in, I get at least 10 questions (1 question per round) before he gets a new save, since Mind Reading works like a Concentration (Lasting) effect. Then he gets a new Will save with a +1 bonus. If he fails, I get another 50 questions (5 minutes), and his life story is basically mine for the taking. :D

Okay, I'm ruling that probing an unconscious mind is like probing a mind for info the subject doesn't consciously know (since he isn't conscious; hard to get a clear picture when the signal's scrambled). He gets a bonus as you try and force through the cotton filling his mind, but he can't choose to forego the save.

But he rolled a 19 anyway, so it's kinda moot.

Okay, I'm ruling that probing an unconscious mind is like probing a mind for info the subject doesn't consciously know (since he isn't conscious; hard to get a clear picture when the signal's scrambled). He gets a bonus as you try and force through the cotton filling his mind, but he can't choose to forego the save.

But he rolled a 19 anyway, so it's kinda moot.

I assumed that would be the case.

I'll post my list of questions later tonight.

Extra Effort to try to enter his mind again. Scarab is Fatigued.

Mind Reading check: 13. DAMN! : P

Screw it! She's Exhausted.

Mind Reading check: 15. DAMMIT! : P

Damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead! Unconscious!

Mind Reading check: 19

And Doc Ark fiats in our favor. And was kind enough to answer the questions in chat and save us time posting.

After the probe ends, The Scarab falls unconscious.

Questions:

1) Q: Did you kill the Dickson family?

A: No.

2) Q: Who did?

A: I have no idea.

3) Q: Why were you trying to kill this man?

A: Seemed like a fun idea at the time

4) Q: What are your names?

A: Names?

5) Q: What is your name?

A: Vulture!

6) Q: Who made this suit?

A: Fox and I. Shark helped a little bit.

7) Q: How did you summon the dogs?

A: Practice.

8) Q: Who taught you how to summon demons?

A: Self-taught.

9) Q: Where do you live?

A: (He gives an address. It's in the Fens.)

10) Q: Where do Fox and Shark live?

A: Fox is in Hanover, Shark's in Riverside.

Possibly. Remind me what school Slamdance goes to and where he hangs out.

Whatever public high school that someone living in Bayview Height would go to. His father is a big believer in earning your way as opposed to having something handed to you, so no private school.

He used to spend a lot of time with the Bayview Heights kids and in Hanover - where his father's business is - but lately he has spent more and more time down in Southside helping in soup kitchens and homeless shelters.

He looks vaguely familiar, but you have absolutely no idea where you've seen him before.

Before Samdance takes her, first things first: the blood-drinking monster.

Avenger's not fed tonight.

DC 15 Will save to not feed on Scarab.

If he makes that, once Slamdance & Scarab are gone, DC 15 Will saves to not feed on the Hobo (who has numerous scrapes and minor cuts).

Going back to the House o' Murder is what would trigger the Precognitive flash I'd mentioned earlier.

Which actually works rather well, since Scarab's out and so her mind's kinda... out there. I'll post once we know what the lil' vampire's up to.

As for when she'll be recovering: one minute rest, then a DC 10 Con check. If the fails, wait one more minute, make another DC 10 Con check with a +1 bonus, with a cumulative +1 bonus for every other minute/failed save.

Then she'll be conscious, but still exhausted. That requires another DC 10 Con check, as above, but at one hour intervals.

And once recovered from that, she'll only be fatigued; DC 10 Con check every hour as above.

Or, a full ten hours rest and you're good as new.

Waking up this morning, I realized a change that needs to be done to the precog vision Scarab had.

Old Vision: wolf-headed spider with yellowed fangs

Retconned Vision: fox-headed spider with rows of yellowed shark-like teeth

There are two reasons for this change, one that should be obvious (to the PCs and players), and the other not at all obvious (to the PCs, and only possibly obvious to the players if they've been following certain other threads).

Hey! That's Dennis O'Neil Batman too! Give writers credit where it's due! :D

I don't think even Frank Miller's :bat: is out-of-place, as long as we're talking The Dark Knight Returns / Year One "I'm scary, but I still won't kill people" era Miller, and not anything that came after.

Doc Ark might disagree, though.