Triple Murder in Riderside, Rebooted [OOC]

Dr Archeville

Round 2 Recap

[*:u4sagzz7]Fox tried to Mind Control Scarab II, and failed utterly.
    [*:u4sagzz7]Avenger slams Vulture into the ground. Save fails by 12. GM Fiat (Avenger gains an HP); re-roll only fails by 2. 'Tis but a flesh wound!
    [*:u4sagzz7]Scarab telekinetically squeezes Fox's ball (using Extra Effort for a new stunt, and burning an HP to nix th fatigue). It is "injured," and is at -1 Toughness.
    [*:u4sagzz7]Slamdance runs back out of the fray.
    [*:u4sagzz7]The Hellwasp swarm descends upon Scarab. I need a DC 16 Fort save. Also, while they're around her, she's in a Partial Obscure Visual & Auditory effect (I did not mention this for Avenger since it wouldn't affect what he does with his grappled foe, and I was fairly certain he'd be sticking with his grappled foe.)
    [*:u4sagzz7]Shark has two Shark-Mooks attack Avenger. Upside, Avenger gets an HP (b/c I had to 'cheat' to have him surge). Bad news, he needs to make two DC 23 Will saves. (I'd told Slamdance the wrong DC when I had him make a Wil save earlier. :? )
    [*:u4sagzz7]Vulture tries again to wriggle out of Avenger's grasp. (Assuming he's not stunned or worse by Shark Attacks.) Again, it looks bleak for the lil' psycho.

Begin Round 3

Initiatives - Character - Condition - HPs

23+ - Fox - Undamaged

23- - Avenger - Undamaged (need two DC 23 Will saves) - 3 HP

18 - Scarab - Bruise x1 (need a DC 16 Fort save) - 1 HP

17 - Slamdance - Scampering Away - 1 HP

16 - Hellwasps - Undamaged

15 - Shark (and 10 Sub-Sharks) - Bruise x1

7 - Vulture - Bruise x1, still grappled

Fox, unimpressed by Scarab's attempt to destroy his (surprisingly well-made) device, but apparently satisfied with her being in a swarm of hellwasps, turns his attention to Avenger. He got a 16 on the Mind Control roll, but I'm fiating (so Avenger gets one more HP, bringing him to 3 now) to re-roll, for a 20. Move action to issue command (as he's assuming it works on him).

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, spend 1 HP to re-roll vs. mind control, 1 to stunt Enhanced Will, and 1 to re-roll one save vs. Shark's attack.

I'm only seeing two rolls total. I need three: Shark attacked twice.

Is that second roll the re-roll vs. one of Shark's attacks? If so, that's a 24 total.

OK, obviously Avenger does not actually rip Vulture's eyes out of his head. ;) But he does throw a DC 25 Intimidate at the boys, thus making it seem very credible that he's going to do just that! He's inexperienced enough in group fighting that he doesn't worry about what Slamdance or Scarab will think of this...yet. He then launches a full on +5 Power Attack. This is for non-lethal damage.

An Intimidate check is a full-round action. Demoralizing in combat (which makes the foe shaken) is a standard action; you can demoralize as a move action by taking a –5 on your check.

You're power attacking his eyes? He's in a (semi-)fresh Vulture costume, and Avenger knows the kids' eyes aren't where the helmet's eyes are (remember, the kid's head is more in the torso of the armor/costume).

On second thought, I just crunched the numbers, and breaking that Device is probably not gonna happen. So scratch that. Instead, I'll just use Mental Blast on Fox. He needs to make a DC25 (or DC26, if this is pre-edit) Will Save against the Damage.

Round 3 Recap

[*:2c44odej]Fox tried to Mind Control Avenger... and fails again.
    [*:2c44odej]Avenger tries to demoralize Vulture (you cannot demoralize a group), and fails, leaving him shaken (-2 on attacks & checks) for one round. Avenger's squeezin' (he can't beat that grapple check) bruises & stuns him, but he's easily able to sustain his unholy powers.
    [*:2c44odej]Scarab shoots a mental blast at Fox. The partial obscure around her does not prevent her from targeting him with her perception-range attack... but his masochistic mind is unfazed.
    [*:2c44odej]Slamdance charges towards Shark, and just manages to connect. Shark's shark-y hide protects him from the blow.
    [*:2c44odej]The Hellwasp swarm continues trying to sting Scarab. Their stings hit, so I need another DC 16 Fort save.
    [*:2c44odej]Shark has two of his Sub-Sharks attack, one vs. Slamdance and one vs. Avenger. Good news, Avenger gets a HP (since I'm fiating to let Shark surge, so he can attack you two). Bad news, I need DC 23 Will saves from each of you.
    [*:2c44odej]Vulture is stunned.

Begin Round 4

Initiatives - Character - Condition - HPs

23+ - Fox - Undamaged

23- - Avenger - Undamaged (DC 23 Will save) - 1 HP

18 - Scarab - Bruise x1 (DC 16 Fort save) - 1 HP

17 - Slamdance - Undamaged (DC 23 Will save) - 2 HP

16 - Hellwasps - Undamaged

15 - Shark (and 10 Sub-Sharks) - Bruise x1

7 - Vulture - Bruise x2, stunned, still grappled

Fox does something awesome. Maybe.

Move Action - run to jump up to Scarab.

Standard action - Attempt to disarm her to get his gun back. Attack fails, but a re-roll (Scarab gains an HP) just makes it. Now I need an opposed roll of Scarab's TK vs. his Str to see if he wrests it away; he got a 25.

If that works, Surge to gain another Standard action to shoot her in the face. I'll hold off on making the attack roll until we see whether or not he gets his gun (and if he surges, Scarab gets yet another HP).

Forgot about my enhanced Will save! But I fixed it, with a little help from my HP friends. :D

That was a Move Action Hide in Plain Sight to disappear off the face of the Earth, since we've established that the boys can't see Avenger and Avenger's friends are busy in melee combat. That attack is a full +5 Power Attack for DC 31 damage. Vulture is stunned, after all, and what could be more surprising? :D

There's no stated reason on Avenger's sheet that he can't do non-lethal damage with his claws. (But how on Earth does he, you ask? He uses his claws to cut open the boy's suit, allowing him to hit him all the harder by use of his strike.)

From your post on April 15:

"EDIT: None of the Bad Guys can see Avenger, God of Stealth..."

;)

Ah, I see what you're saying now. Yes, his Stealth is so high that if he Takes 10, they cannot Notice him.

But that's just for himself. If you're dragging Vulture along, there'll be penalties, which means they have a slim chance of being able to Notice you. (How big a penalty? I'm still deciding.)

Slamdance fails his will save miserably with a 7.

By, by last HP... with a roll of 10 for a toal of 14. I guess it could have been worse since I only missed by 9. :(

Slamdance takes a Bruise and is stunned.