Triple Murder in Riderside, Rebooted [OOC]

Dr Archeville

Not a problem, at least at this stage. It looks like my time schedule is opposite you guys.

At this point Slamdance's age and lack of skills means he is not much help in the investigation part. You can attribute his lack of interaction on that (or my inability to chime in at night).

That being said I need to go back and reread the last page or so of IC and OOC... It wasn't making sense to me, but the link my provide info. Hopefully I can do this at lunch today.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scarab's search finds no demonic Sophie Marceau's.

And I know what she'll see when her Precog kicks in, if/when she does [X]. Attempting it now on the woman gets nothing (or it gets the future visions of the real Sophie Marceau ;) ).

It kicks in whenever you want it to kick in, Doc.

Unless Avenger wants to stop her, The Scarab uses Mental Communication to basically tell him everything she's said and learned in the IC thread since they parted ways. If he wants to resist the surface thought scan instead of responding, my Mind Reading check was only 13, so he only needs a DC14 Will Save (because my Mind Reading is higher than his Will).

It kicks in whenever you want it to kick in, Doc.

No, there is a Very Dramatically Appropriate Moment for the vision to hit her, but I don't want to go "and for some reason Scarab goes here, and suddenly she gets a vision." I know the moment, but I don't want to force/railroad you into that moment.

No, there is a Very Dramatically Appropriate Moment for the vision to hit her, but I don't want to go "and for some reason Scarab goes here, and suddenly she gets a vision." I know the moment, but I don't want to force/railroad you into that moment.

I'm a little confused. Are you saying that it's going to hit her when she goes to a certain place, or that I need to keep blindly firing it off at east place I go to, hoping that one of them yields The Vision?

So, at this time:

The Scarab turns to fly out, then hesitates and turns to Slamdance. "I'm sorry. I don't mean to be presumptuous or inconsiderate. You've been awake for quite a while now. Did you want to stay behind and rest? Or do you have other obligations you need to attend to?"

What time of the morning is it?

Depending on how early/late it is, he can make a quick run home, either meet his dad 'on the way out' or leave a note on his dad's pillow letting him know he's spent the night at Billy's.

Since it took at least an hour for each of those Take 20 Knowledge checks, about six hours have passed since you arrived at Slamdance & Scarab arrived at Scarab's place. It was "late at night" on the 14th when you three met up in Riverside, and (thanks to Scarab's Rapid ESP) you all could have done all you did in under 30 minutes. So... by the time you two are done, it's not probably even sunrise.

So Scarabs' going to Avenger now, when he's just starting to comb the eyes of Riverside for the demon (and possibly see him feed on the drug dealer)? (Avenger's last post was that he's rooting around in the Riverside house attic on the night of the 15th, seeking Infernal, er, Divine Intervention.)

Got Slamdance home and back on his way to meet you two. He should be less than half an hour behind you guys.

Made a few rolls that may or may not have been necessary but I figured get them out of the way instead of going back and doing them.

Will check up on you night birds in the morning.

-Razorback

Yes, but which location? As I said, at the time Scarab's done with her research, it's close to dawn, which means Avenger's just starting his patrol of the Riverside skies. Avenger doesn't show back up at the Riverside House 'till that night.

So either Scarab spends the day doing something else, or she interrupts Avenger's sky-watching.

The problem was that Avenger starts hunting down Demon Dog leads more than ten hours after Scarab finished up her research in the Scarab Lair (and Slam dance snuck home). Everyone finished their research around the same time, then Avenger spent the day searching the skies for demons in Riverside, then that night was going to track down leads on demon dogs in the Fens. I'm wanting to know what Scarab (and Slamdance) are doing during the day when Avenger's sky-watching, before they meet up with him back at the Riverside House o' Murder. Or if they are interrupting Avenger's sky-watching.