Through the Paces [OOC]

Thevshi

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, given that we have the luxury of having one more combatant than our opponents, Consuelo will want to focus on protecting civilians. What I'd like to try to have her do is to ready her disintegration power to be used to try to stop anything dangerous from leaving the immediate vicinity of the combat - be it supervillain, superpower, or collateral effect of superpower. Is that possible?

Just checking - that preparedness would last until Rot's next turn, I'm hoping? Because with only one enemy acting after her in the initiative order, it would be kind of pointless to hold an action like that if it only effectively applied against that one last enemy. (Might as well just do something to specifically disable that enemy, in that case. . . .)

Asking because I read that Delaying and action just lasts until the end of the current round, but that Readying an action lasts until your next turn. Was a little concerned that maybe this was being ruled as a Delay, which might not be that effective of a use of an action. . . .

Edited by Huckleberry
clarify

Well, you already used your HP, but you can always take extra effort and pick up a level of exhaustion, but, I will give you a HP for this action to protect the non-combatants (even if they are not real), so you have a HP if you want remove the fatigue condition.

Fathom also rolls a 22 on his power check, but the tie here goes to Rot!

Round Two

27 Timeout (Uninjured, 1 HP)

23 Pyre (uninjured)

22 Gamma Buzz (uninjured, 2 HP)

20 Sylph (uninjured)

20 Torpedo Lass 2 (Uninjured, 2 HP)

11 Spaceman (Uninjured, 1 HP)

10 Granite (sickened (-2 atk)

8 Rot (Uninjured, 1 HP)

4 Professor Fathom (uninjured)

Okay, Timeout is going to try the same trick again, only this time he will use the default Accurate Attack to take -2 dam for +2 atk, getting a 19, which is improvement (barely), but only hits Granite and Sylph (and dosen't effect Sylph).

Granite gets a 22 on his Fort save, so shakes it off again.

• AP: Damage 8 (Extras: Area [Cone], Alternate Save [Fortitude], Feats: Reduced Area 6 [20-80' Cone], Incurable, Insidious) [32/32 PP] "Nuclear Breath"

Jumping to get the angle, then letting that cone loose - as per chat, hitting Fathom and Granite. 

The breath is obvious (Green glow) but insidious means they wont know they have been damaged! Thats radiation for you! :D

Well, if they fail their Fort (DC 18) Saves that is. 

Edited by Supercape

Well, they also get a DC 18 Reflex save to halve the effect (and it is 15+rank fort save as this is a damage effect, so DC 23 if they fail the Reflex check).

Fathom makes his Reflex save, so DC 19 Fort Save: 19, he just makes it.

Granite also manages to make is Reflex save, and gets a 26 on his Fort Save.

So, now:

Sylph is going to move away from Spaceman, and try to use her partial concealment and Stealth to hide, getting a 21 on her stealth check.

@The Sailor Torpedo Lass is up!

Yes, it would be a reaction to possibly keep her in sight as she moves and tries to hide. If that fails, you can always use a move action on your turn to try to search for her and spot her.

To keep things going, I did not ask everyone to make a roll, letting people do so as their turn comes up and they wanted to focus on her.

Notice: 19, guess Parker isn't keeping his eyes on Sylph, but I do have my Spatial Awareness Super-Sense:

Spatial Awareness [Sense Type: Mental, Extras: Accurate, Acute, Radius, Ranged]

Would Parker be able to sense Sylph with that @Thevshi?

I also have homing on my stunted Move Object, so rolling for that to hit again: 20

That's a DC23 TOU save if it hits and establishing a Grapple with 34 (if it hits, of course)

I'll wait with my actual actions for the turn to see about whether I can find Sylph with super-senses and if that hits.

---

Keeping my stunted power in here so I remember it...

Move Object 8 (Extras: Damaging; Flaws: Action [Full Action], Distracting; Feats: Affects Insubstantial 2, Homing, Indirect 3, Subtle 2) {32/32} (Descriptors: 4th Dimensional Shadow, Spatial Manipulation, Dimensional Breach, Gravity)