Through the Paces [OOC]

Thevshi

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With her reaction Notice check of 17, Rot doesn't see where she's off to either.

She will fly upwards to get a better perspective, and use her movement action to search for Sylph. Apparently, she sees the misty villain hiding behind the pillar, because she rolls a 31.

Before I do Rot's standard action, I should ask @Thevshi, are there still civilians about within the potential line of fire of the combat?

Okie-dokie. Then Rot will go for Sylph. She'll use extra effort for the following alternate power:

Base Power: Corrosion 7 (Withering Strikes; Extras: Autofire 1;  Feats: Slow Fade) {29}

Alternate Power: (Sylph Destruct) Drain 7 (Toughness; Extras: Area [Shapeable]; Flaws: Distracting; Feats: Affects Insubstantial (2), Precise, Progression (4-number of cubes))  {14} linked to Damage 7 (Extras: Area [Shapeable]; Feats: Affects Insubstantial (2), Precise, Progression (4-number of cubes)) {14} = {28 PP grand total}

So, if I got those mechanics okay, Rot should have up to 175 contiguous 5-foot cubes from where she is standing to (precisely) catch Sylph in the effect. Assuming the 175 cubes is overkill, and would probably be dialed down in reality. Just put it up there to indicate how much area/range she would max out at.

Which I think means Sylph is looking at a DC 17 reflex save to halve the effects of a Rank 7 Toughness Drain and a Rank 7 Damage effect. And Rot will lose her dodge bonus.

Or something like that.

Rot will use her remaining hero point to recover from the fatigue of the extra effort.

Yeah, won't need quite that may.

Sylph gets a 21 on her Reflex check, halving the effect, she also has half immunity to energy damage.

She gets a 17 on her fort save (so no lost Toughness).

She has a DC 18 toughness save (due to half immunity to energy damage), and gets an 8. Not disintigrated, but effectively out of the fight.

Professor Fathom will try to blast Rot, and hits with a 14. (forgot she was flat-footed) @Huckleberry DC 24 toughness save for Rot!

Timeout will use Time Stop with an area big enough to catch the three remaining villains; using extra effort for +2 ranks

Fathom gets a 10 on his reflex check, so is frozen.

Pyre gets a 21 so avoids it.

Granite gets a 8, so he is frozen.

Pyre will shot at Timeout again, missing horribly with a 11

@Supercape Gamma is dazed, unless you want to use a HP to remove it?

No idea if Pyre got Insubstantial or not, so gonna keep up my stunt and try to smack him with it: 22

That should hit, so that's a DC23 Toughness save, and I'll establish a grapple as well, with 31 to establish the grapple.

And if he's pinned, I'll use the Chokehold feat to apply a DC10 Fort save vs. Suffocation.

---

Keeping my stunted power in here so I remember it...

Move Object 8 (Extras: Damaging; Flaws: Action [Full Action], Distracting; Feats: Affects Insubstantial 2, Homing, Indirect 3, Subtle 2) {32/32} (Descriptors: 4th Dimensional Shadow, Spatial Manipulation, Dimensional Breach, Gravity)

Edited by RocketLord

That is a hit, Pyre gets a 21 on his toughness save, so a second bruise. 

He gets a 25 on his grapple check, but still pinned and helpless.

Back to Rot!

On second, thought, Summers will call the session now (rather than have you beat up on a helpless opponent), will get an IC post up in a couple.