Through the Paces [OOC]

Thevshi

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Thevshi

Any chance the nature of our characters' powers might be examined in this thread? Rot knowns nothing about her powers, other than she assumes that she's a mutant. At some point, I'd like her to learn that her powers operate by transferring miniscule amounts of matter and energy across billions of alternate dimensions. If this is not the scene for that, no worries. Just thought I'd bring it up. 

So, Timeout will Seize Initiative (-1 HP)

Will finalize once Sailor gets me a roll.

Round One

35 Timeout (Uninjured, 2 HP)

34 Neon Spider (uninjured)

27 Blur (uninjured)

25 Strand (uninjured)

21 Gamma Buzz (Uninjured, 1 HP)

18 Rot (Uninjured, 1 HP)

18 Spaceman (Uninjured, 3 HP)

18 Incendiary (uninjured)

10 Widowmaker (uninjured)

Actually, as TL II can get a 21 max, I will get the top of the order handled now.

Timeout starts off into the maze, sticking to the left wall and navigating it till he finds the first switch. With Speed 6 he can get through to the first switch and randomly effects: 2 which is Blur (just going by initiative order)

Blur drops from PL 8 to PL 5, which I will say reduces his initiative by 8 (2 ranks of Improved Initiative), which drops him to a 19, behind Gamma Buzz.

Thanks. New updated order:

Round One

35 Timeout (Uninjured, 2 HP)

34 Neon Spider (uninjured)

25 Strand (uninjured)

21 Gamma Buzz (Uninjured, 1 HP)

19 Blur (uninjured) PL 5

18 Rot (Uninjured, 1 HP)

18 Spaceman (Uninjured, 3 HP)

18 Incendiary (uninjured)

15 Torpedo Lass II (Uninjured, 2 HP)

10 Widowmaker (uninjured)

And, like I said, Gamma Buzz is up!

Incendiary and Widowmaker are still in their original positions, Strand is halfway to the hero group, Neon Spider is by Torpedo Lass, and Blur is in the maze. What is the spacing between Strand and Incendiary and Widowmaker? Could Rot target all three with a Rank 7 Shapeable area attack? What about if she used extra effort to bump it up to rank 9?

Also, I think the effect of her Disintegration could be very powerful if the hard light constructs don't have Fortitude - just something to consider. 

Edited by Huckleberry

@Huckleberry

So, you have five 5x5 cubes for your shapable area (nine if you use extra effort). For simplicity sake, I will say given their current spacing, you can catch any two of the three in the area effect, but not all three.

As far as the effect of Disintegration, that would be true, unless they are immune to fort effects. But more seriously, as this is a simulation and given the technology, it is not like a punch or energy blast is actually hurting any of the light constructs, more the sensors are registering what is happening, and altering the program for the opponents to correspond (ie one is hurt, knocked out, etc). To the extent Rot's powers disperse any of the energy for a particular opponent, the projectors just recompensate based on the altered conditions and add energy back in as needed. 

(in other words, handwaving that they get a fort save, that way any power that has such an effect (Dazzle, Stun, etc) can "effect" them within the simulation)