Thevshi

Spaceman

Parker might have, if he should say so himself, done a pretty good job against the first round of bad guys, but right now? He just isn't having a lot of luck. The water girl got away, then the Consuelo takes her down, and Lawrence moves around, stopping down the rock and water man. Mizuki, no, Torpedo Lass, takes her shot, stopping him in his tracks for now, but he's still standing.

"Right. Restraint." Spaceman grits his teeth, as he turns around, facing Pyre. The black crackle is flowing freely from his body now. Reaching into the upper dimensions like this, it is difficult to maintain. It is much more difficult to control, but the headmistress didn't want them to hold back.

Reaching forward, he closes his hand that has reached into the 4th dimension. The shadow of a giant fist begins to close around Pyre, moving in to crush him.

"Trying to hold him. Someone knock him out." He is obviously straining as he speaks.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeout

Torpedo Lass' energy blast struck Pyre, knocking him spinning slightly in the air as he seemed hurt and dazed. But the flame wielding villain had no chance to recover before Spaceman's shadowy giant fist seized him, squeezing the villain even further before slamming him to the ground and pinning him there helplessly.

A moment later Headmistress Summer's voice once again came over the speakers. "That will be enough for today, these readings should do for a baseline for now. Good work everyone, Factor Four can be a challenging threat." As she spoke, the holographic terrain, enemies and bystanders began to fade, leaving the five teens in the empty space of the Doom Room once more.

Empty save for the holographic forms of Professor Fathom and Granite, as well as a section of the tiled floor of the mall courtyard, all of which were still frozen in time. "On it." Lawrence responded to Consuelo as he closed his hand, the temporal distortion disappearing, causing the time locked holograms to also vanish.

A moment later he was standing near Baz and Consuelo, seeming to pause a moment as he got inside the green haired teen's aura, but focusing past it he released a temporal wave that washed not only over Baz, but also Consuelo, both of the teens feeling any soreness from the hits they had taken instantly fade as if they had never occurred.

Torpedo Lass hopped down from her derezzing position to the ground near where the group had assembled. "Every plan falls in the face of the enemy." Torpedo Lass said, stretching out. "I guess more and more it's better to adapt to the situation when dealing with supervillains." Scratching her head she looked to Baz and Consuelo.

"You good?" She said with a smile. "Took some licks, but I wager that's why they wanted us to go all out in here."

"I wager the infirmary not having to patch us up is appreciated."

Edited by The Sailor

Spaceman

With Pyre disappearing, Parker pulls his hand back, out of the higher dimension. It takes focus to return to just one plane, but slowly, the black crackle rising from his body disappears. He looks at his hand briefly, before he floats down to the others that has gathered around Baz.

Baz seems alright, at least, especially with Lawrence doing his whole time rewind thing. It is always strange to see. Parker kind of wishes he had that kind of control, but it can't be helped.

Since Baz is taken care of, he instead turns to Consuelo. "That was a nice shot, taking the gas woman out like that," he says. He can at least admit that she did great, to try and show that he is sincere about his previous apology.

Rot

"Are you kidding? That was awesome!" Consuelo enthusiastically answers Mizuki. "Like, I can't tell you how nice it is for my powers to actually be useful, instead of just a huge problem for once." The green-haired teen certainly looks pumped. "Hey, Mizuki, I wanted to say, I think you did a really good job of providing, like, some leadership. It definitely helped me focus. Don't be, like too hard on yourself if what happened wasn't exactly like you were planning. It's not like we had much time to, like, get ourselves ready. Like your idea to protect people was good, Parker just got tied up. But like, the basic idea was good, even if it like, got implemented a bit differently, you know? So like maybe a little bit of leadership is good, but not too much - like people are still better thinking for themselves, you know?" Consuelo trails off a bit from her circular description. "Anyway, I just wanted to say I think you did a good job."

"Hey Parker. Your fighting style totally, like, trips me out. It looks like you're standing off to the side, pretending to fight people, but then all of sudden someone gets all trapped and uncomfortable, so you know it's actually working, despite how it looks. Don't worry about getting all stressed about, like, trying to manage my reactions to you though. I think I've got it all figured out. I'll, like, get you a jar, and every time you say something, like, implying you're superior, we'll just say, like "JAR". And you'll have to put a dollar in the jar. It'll be totally chill!" And Consuelo throws her hands up in a gesture of victory for her supposed perfect plan.

"By the way, Lawrence, that was pretty awesome how you froze those two guys. And, like especially how you didn't give up when it didn't work the first time. That, like, shows some determination." Consuelo slows down her dialogue, as though she's trying to make it clear she's being serious. "Although, I will say that with you and Parker wearing the same uniform it's a little hard to tell you apart sometimes, since you're both blonde and . . . uh . . . athletic. . . ."

"You're kind of, like, a wild guy, Gamma Buzz. Like, charging at that huge orange thing all alone was . . . uh . . . crazy. But still pretty cool."

Torpedo Lass II

"I... I wasn't leading, I was just letting someone know what I was thinking... keeping teammates in the loop is a good idea, no?" She said, scratching her head. "That and if anyone was at a loss for a opening move well... suggestions help."

"What do I know... I'm just some girl in a sailor suit." She said with a grin.

Timeout

Lawrence helped Baz back to his feet as the group began to make their way out of the Doom Room, discussing how things had gone. The blond teen gave Consuelo a smile as she excitedly talked about how everyone had done. "Thanks Consuelo, as Parker said, you did great as well." He stated sincerely before given her a small smirk as she mentioned it was a bit hard to tell him and Parker apart at times. "We'll try to remember that and figure a way to make it easier to tell us apart." He said with a friendly laugh.

He then looked over to Mizuki as the Japanese girl tried to downplay her role in trying to get them organized in dealing with the Factor Four. "I wouldn't be so hard on yourself Mizuki." He stated. "Sometimes leadership is just helping to get people focused on what needs to be done."

"But I am sure we will all get better at this, one of the points of this sort of training. I expect not too many of us have much experience working with others in a superpowered battle, and just learning how to work with others in such a situation is not exactly something that comes naturally." He offered.

Spaceman

Parker stares at Consuelo for a moment, mouth slightly open, before turning it into a grin. "Yeah, alright. Let's do that." A "acting like he's superior" jar? Sure, that sounds reasonable enough. Moving over by Lawrence, he looks between them, and back to Consuelo, shrugging quickly. "I'm not really seeing it, but sure, I got an uniform. I just didn't feel right wearing it right away. Didn't want to stand out too much." 

"I gotta agree with the others, Mizuki. We needed some direction, and you did great. It would have been different if we could have actually planned for the situation, put necessary distance and everything." She did better than the rest of them at trying to actually coordinate, even if Parker had tried.

Gamma Buzz

"My joints feel like Beelzebub has put me through his grinding machine..." complained Baz. "I mean, I know the dangerous isn't that dangerous. But being thrown about like that? DIslocates my arms and legs."

He squirmed, and swung his joints around. They worked. But they were sore. 

"Lawrence is right. We will get better! Tactics, teamwork, and the Slowball Slam! I am sure that will be a great tactic once we perfect it. And...err.. work out what it actually is."

He gave a little tapdance and twirl. Clickity click as his armoured plates scated along the floor. 

"We are going to kick ass!"

Torpedo Lass II

Mizuki laughed. "Seesh the girl wearing the sailor suit being the commander of the squad... the world has gone topsy-turvy." She nervously adjusted the collar of her suit. "Then again it all feels like I'm emulating my predecessor... but I felt my dad out there... and my mom this time. She was always the calm voice of reason."

She sighed. "Enough of that... I'm starvin'... meet up at the cafeteria? Or... I could order pizza... for all of us."

Rot

"Better make it the cafeteria, Mizuki." And Consuelo gets a wicked grin. "If you think I'm gonna let you pick out the toppings on my pizza, the power has clearly gone to your head! You'd probably all have us eating anchovies!" And she pantomimes puking a few times, to clarify her position on that particular pizza topping. 

Torpedo Lass II

"Anchovies are a war crime." She said, making a brushing off gesture. "And even though I'm Hawaiian, I do NOT eat Pineapple on pizza either."

"That and Whatever made you thought I'd tell ya what to eat?" She said with a grin. Although she was annoyed by the comment... or maybe the aura was starting to creep in on her again.

Spaceman

"Y'know, Hawaiian pizza was created in Canada," Parker joins in on the food banter. "I looked it up once. It's a whole thing." He decides against doing the whole story right now, anyway. No need to do anything to build on the appearance of him feeling superior to the rest of them.

"Cafeteria sounds good, though. Letting go like that always leaves me starved."