The Midnight Society

Thevshi

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still smiling, Adam nods toward Lucy, "Another time then." Then, turning back to King, "Well, I won't ruin your night with further talk of business. I'll call your people first thing Monday morning. Have a good night Hieronymus," and turning to the younger, more feminine King once again, and this time as a goodnight, "Lucy."

"Awwwwww, grandpa," Lucy pouted. She curled up next to him, to take some of the steam out of his grip on her arm. "But he's so cute." She was looking at Adam when she said it, but the words were intended for King. And the look on his face told her that her "attack" was successful. "He'd be lots of fun to dance with."

Still smiling, Adam nods toward Lucy, "Another time then." Then, turning back to King, "Well, I won't ruin your night with further talk of business. I'll call your people first thing Monday morning. Have a good night Hieronymus," and turning to the younger, more feminine King once again, and this time as a goodnight, "Lucy."

"Awwwwww, grandpa," Lucy pouted. She curled up next to him, to take some of the steam out of his grip on her arm. "But he's so cute." She was looking at Adam when she said it, but the words were intended for King. And the look on his face told her that her "attack" was successful. "He'd be lots of fun to dance with."

"Well, let me know if you find anything. I haven't seen any evidence that would recommend my sorry lot."

He frowns, if just slightly.

"I would say that for my part I have. There is much wonder in your world, at least to me. Enough to outweigh such horror that also abides within it."

He shakes his head, as if shaking off a feeling with it.

"I do not wish to overly philosophize. Perhaps instead I could say that any land which sets aside an entire day each year to give children free candy and outright celebrate their sugar maddened rampages cannot be all bad?"

A lighter smile with his words.

"Well, let me know if you find anything. I haven't seen any evidence that would recommend my sorry lot."

"I would say that for my part I have. There is much wonder in your world, at least to me. Enough to outweigh such horror that also abides within it."

"I do not wish to overly philosophize. Perhaps instead I could say that any land which sets aside an entire day each year to give children free candy and outright celebrate their sugar maddened rampages cannot be all bad?"

King was not amused. "I think it's time for us to go," he said quietly so no one but Lucy could hear, and then began casually making his way to the door.

King was not amused. "I think it's time for us to go," he said quietly so no one but Lucy could hear, and then began casually making his way to the door.

"It is certainly one of the reasons. The contrasts.. colours.. here, bear a powerful vibrancy not seen anywhere else. If there was a place where a piece of this world's soul could be on display, I think it would be here. Being able to catch even a glimpse.. it has been deeply rewarding."

A pause, and a shrug.

"Though somewhat more pragmatically is that this fair city seems often to be the crux of various rising threats that loom before all who share this Earth, Utopia Isle included. An earlier awareness of them, and an extension of a presence to aid in facing them is a service to.. I believe the concept is called enlightened self interest by some?"

"It is not especially my own rationale, my own thoughts lingering in this city's force of delight, but it was the deciding thought of some councillors in my homeland."

"It is certainly one of the reasons. The contrasts.. colours.. here, bear a powerful vibrancy not seen anywhere else. If there was a place where a piece of this world's soul could be on display, I think it would be here. Being able to catch even a glimpse.. it has been deeply rewarding."

A pause, and a shrug.

"Though somewhat more pragmatically is that this fair city seems often to be the crux of various rising threats that loom before all who share this Earth, Utopia Isle included. An earlier awareness of them, and an extension of a presence to aid in facing them is a service to.. I believe the concept is called enlightened self interest by some?"

"It is not especially my own rationale, my own thoughts lingering in this city's force of delight, but it was the deciding thought of some councillors in my homeland."

A pause, and a shrug.

After about 10 more minutes of slowly making his way to the door all the while chatting with people and saying his good bye's, King made his exit with Lucy still closely in tow. He was calling it an early night, but not too early. Some of the other guests were starting to leave as well.

“Not sure exactly.†Megan replied. “However long my parents plan at socializing. Could be several hours, for my dad tends to get into business talk quite easily.â€Â

Dr. Collins stuck his head around the corner, so he could see the bar. He gave his son a little wave. Dr. Collins was famous for his "get in, get out" approach to social events.

"That's my cue," Randy said. "Salvation at last." He hopped up from the stool. "This has been fun. We should do this again some time. Can I call you?"

After about 10 more minutes of slowly making his way to the door all the while chatting with people and saying his good bye's, King made his exit with Lucy still closely in tow. He was calling it an early night, but not too early. Some of the other guests were starting to leave as well.

“Not sure exactly.†Megan replied. “However long my parents plan at socializing. Could be several hours, for my dad tends to get into business talk quite easily.â€Â

Dr. Collins stuck his head around the corner, so he could see the bar. He gave his son a little wave. Dr. Collins was famous for his "get in, get out" approach to social events.

"That's my cue," Randy said. "Salvation at last." He hopped up from the stool. "This has been fun. We should do this again some time. Can I call you?"

“Ah, well, lucky you.†Megan replied with a smile. “I had fun as well.†She replies before giving him her number. “Getting together again would be great.â€Â

“Ah, well, lucky you.†Megan replied with a smile. “I had fun as well.†She replies before giving him her number. “Getting together again would be great.â€Â

Randy gave Megan a little wink and then headed off with his dad. He was definitely going to be giving her a call.

Randy gave Megan a little wink and then headed off with his dad. He was definitely going to be giving her a call.