The Midnight Society

Thevshi

adam.jpg

"Good night, Mrs. Anderson." And with that, they're gone. Adam, his hand on Megan's back, tries to gently glide her through the crowd, moving faster than was usual. He doesn't look back - the whole scene has something in it from the Tyranosaurus chasing the jeep in Jurassic Park. Eventually they came to a stop just around the corner of the main hall where their footsteps echoed in the vacant space around them and up the empty staircase before them. They could see quite well here as, though there were no lights, the room stole much of the escaping light of the ballroom. Adam looks pack around the corner to the party, and then turns to Megan, he leans his back against the wall. "Thanks for that back there," he smiles, and narrows his view, "You were marvellous. Is your mother really charitable?"

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

adam.jpg

"Good night, Mrs. Anderson." And with that, they're gone. Adam, his hand on Megan's back, tries to gently glide her through the crowd, moving faster than was usual. He doesn't look back - the whole scene has something in it from the Tyranosaurus chasing the jeep in Jurassic Park. Eventually they came to a stop just around the corner of the main hall where their footsteps echoed in the vacant space around them and up the empty staircase before them. They could see quite well here as, though there were no lights, the room stole much of the escaping light of the ballroom. Adam looks pack around the corner to the party, and then turns to Megan, he leans his back against the wall. "Thanks for that back there," he smiles, and narrows his view, "You were marvellous. Is your mother really charitable?"

“No problem.†Megan said with a smile. “And yes, my mom is very involved in charities and philanthropy around the city. She always has been, but now that my brother and sister are off at college and I am pretty busy with all my extra-circular activities, she has lots of free time to do more.â€Â

“No problem.†Megan said with a smile. “And yes, my mom is very involved in charities and philanthropy around the city. She always has been, but now that my brother and sister are off at college and I am pretty busy with all my extra-circular activities, she has lots of free time to do more.â€Â

adam.jpg

Adam smiles - there's a shift in his energy. It takes a few moments, but it seems that Adam has relaxed. He rests his weight on a small table leaning against the wall and takes Megan in. "Listen, I'm about to scoot, but I've enjoyed hanging out." He gives a quick sigh and fumbles with his gaze before returning it to Megan, "I apologise again for Mrs. Anderson." As he speaks, he reaches into his jacket pocket and takes out a small, thin wallet. From inside that he takes out a business card, "Here, take this. If you'd like to catch up again I'd be very happy to hear from you. Like I said before, it's not often I meet someone who, well, it's such a pleasure to talk to." He rises, preparing to leave.

adam.jpg

Adam smiles - there's a shift in his energy. It takes a few moments, but it seems that Adam has relaxed. He rests his weight on a small table leaning against the wall and takes Megan in. "Listen, I'm about to scoot, but I've enjoyed hanging out." He gives a quick sigh and fumbles with his gaze before returning it to Megan, "I apologise again for Mrs. Anderson." As he speaks, he reaches into his jacket pocket and takes out a small, thin wallet. From inside that he takes out a business card, "Here, take this. If you'd like to catch up again I'd be very happy to hear from you. Like I said before, it's not often I meet someone who, well, it's such a pleasure to talk to." He rises, preparing to leave.

adam.jpg

Megan smiled as Adam mentioned he was about to head off and had enjoyed spending some time with her. “I had a great time as well.†The blonde teen replied. “No need to apologize for Mrs. Anderson, I have heard a good deal about her. Was only a mater of time before I ran into her at one of these things.â€Â

When he offered her his business card, the blonde teen could not help but feel a slight bit of excitement at the idea that a famous actor would be asking her to call him, even if their time together hand been rather innocent and more just interesting conversation. “I’ll be sure to give you a call sometime.†She said with a smile as she took the card. “Thank you, I enjoyed spending some time with you and our discussions.â€Â

Megan smiled as Adam mentioned he was about to head off and had enjoyed spending some time with her. “I had a great time as well.†The blonde teen replied. “No need to apologize for Mrs. Anderson, I have heard a good deal about her. Was only a mater of time before I ran into her at one of these things.â€Â

When he offered her his business card, the blonde teen could not help but feel a slight bit of excitement at the idea that a famous actor would be asking her to call him, even if their time together hand been rather innocent and more just interesting conversation. “I’ll be sure to give you a call sometime.†She said with a smile as she took the card. “Thank you, I enjoyed spending some time with you and our discussions.â€Â

adam.jpg

Adam grinned - it was less controlled than his usual smile - and nodded. He was quiet for the moment, just letting his hands fall to his side after his card was taken, "Well." He nods. "Thanks again." And with that he turns and makes his way back into the crowd, making a B-line to avoid Mrs. Anderson and heading for the door. Following that would be his car, a short drive, and bed.

On the way to the door he went over the night through his mind. He hadn't been looking forward to it - he'd gone there expecting to have to beg for financing, but as it happened, that came off better than he could have expected. He reached the door at the top of the stairs and looked back over the people below him. He couldn't see her, but just knowing she was there - keeping her head above water in that sea of fools and hypocrites - was comforting to Adam. Who knows? Chances are, before all this was over, she would probably teach him a thing or two about what the world was really like. He looked forward to the lessons.

adam.jpg

Adam grinned - it was less controlled than his usual smile - and nodded. He was quiet for the moment, just letting his hands fall to his side after his card was taken, "Well." He nods. "Thanks again." And with that he turns and makes his way back into the crowd, making a B-line to avoid Mrs. Anderson and heading for the door. Following that would be his car, a short drive, and bed.

On the way to the door he went over the night through his mind. He hadn't been looking forward to it - he'd gone there expecting to have to beg for financing, but as it happened, that came off better than he could have expected. He reached the door at the top of the stairs and looked back over the people below him. He couldn't see her, but just knowing she was there - keeping her head above water in that sea of fools and hypocrites - was comforting to Adam. Who knows? Chances are, before all this was over, she would probably teach him a thing or two about what the world was really like. He looked forward to the lessons.

adam.jpg

Megan gave a smile and waved goodbye as Adam started off towards the mansion’s front door. The other girls on the squad were not going to believe this one, if she bothered to tell them about it.

The blonde teen looked down at the business card, realizing that she had not brought a purse or anything with her tonight. With little other choice but asking her mom or dad to hold it for her, she turned away from the doors towards the areas filled with people and tucked the card down the front of her dress.

Once it was secure, she turned around and started back into the party to find her parents.

Megan gave a smile and waved goodbye as Adam started off towards the mansion’s front door. The other girls on the squad were not going to believe this one, if she bothered to tell them about it.

The blonde teen looked down at the business card, realizing that she had not brought a purse or anything with her tonight. With little other choice but asking her mom or dad to hold it for her, she turned away from the doors towards the areas filled with people and tucked the card down the front of her dress.

Once it was secure, she turned around and started back into the party to find her parents.