The Midnight Society

Thevshi

Randy led Megan off the dance floor and over to the bar. He didn't let go of her hand until she was seated. "What can I get you? I know Lenny . . . " Randy nodded toward the young man who was tending the bar. " . . . He'll hook us up with whatever we want. Name your poison."

“I’ll just stick with a virgin margarita.†Megan said with a smile to Randy and the man behind the bar he had introduced.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Randy led Megan off the dance floor and over to the bar. He didn't let go of her hand until she was seated. "What can I get you? I know Lenny . . . " Randy nodded toward the young man who was tending the bar. " . . . He'll hook us up with whatever we want. Name your poison."

“I’ll just stick with a virgin margarita.†Megan said with a smile to Randy and the man behind the bar he had introduced.

His eyes landed on Lucy. "Well, given the future relationship of the Kings and the Kirks, would you like to dance? You don't mind my asking, Hieronymus?"

"Hell yeah!" she thought. Lucy was a bored high school student who was filled with just enough liquor and was stuck at a stuffy party. Why wouldn’t she want to dance with a famous movie star? She didn’t really find him all that attractive, but whatever. A dance was a dance.

"Sure," she said. "I'll dance with you." Lucy started heading toward the dance floor.

His eyes landed on Lucy. "Well, given the future relationship of the Kings and the Kirks, would you like to dance? You don't mind my asking, Hieronymus?"

"Hell yeah!" she thought. Lucy was a bored high school student who was filled with just enough liquor and was stuck at a stuffy party. Why wouldn’t she want to dance with a famous movie star? She didn’t really find him all that attractive, but whatever. A dance was a dance.

"Sure," she said. "I'll dance with you." Lucy started heading toward the dance floor.

“No, I don’t think so,†King said. He grabbed his granddaughter by the arm and positioned himself between Kirk and Lucy. “Lucy, honey, why don’t you get me that drink now. Thanks.†He turned to Kirk and spoke frankly but without malice. “Lucy isn’t ready for that. Sorry.â€Â

“A fruity drink, huh? Well, you’ve got style; I’ll give you that.†Randy turned back to the bartender. “One virgin margarita and a beer . . . whatever’s on tap is fine.†He leaned up against the bar and looked Megan in the eyes. “So, how long do you plan on staying here tonight? My dad is just making the rounds. We’ll probably be out of here soon.â€Â

“No, I don’t think so,†King said. He grabbed his granddaughter by the arm and positioned himself between Kirk and Lucy. “Lucy, honey, why don’t you get me that drink now. Thanks.†He turned to Kirk and spoke frankly but without malice. “Lucy isn’t ready for that. Sorry.â€Â

“A fruity drink, huh? Well, you’ve got style; I’ll give you that.†Randy turned back to the bartender. “One virgin margarita and a beer . . . whatever’s on tap is fine.†He leaned up against the bar and looked Megan in the eyes. “So, how long do you plan on staying here tonight? My dad is just making the rounds. We’ll probably be out of here soon.â€Â

“Not sure exactly.†Megan replied. “However long my parents plan at socializing. Could be several hours, for my dad tends to get into business talk quite easily.â€Â

“Not sure exactly.†Megan replied. “However long my parents plan at socializing. Could be several hours, for my dad tends to get into business talk quite easily.â€Â

"It is both my name and purpose. A declaration of it."

"So who are you an Emissary from? Silver skin suggests more to you than just being a simple ambassador."

Amelia kept her cool, but she was feeling a little worry inside. It was always an adjustment when she visited Freedom, having to catch up on enough world events that she could bluff her way through things the humans had experienced as they happened. 'I hope there wasn't any sort of alien contact that everyone has already taken for granted. It was bad enough in '93 when I found I'd just missed the Terminus Invasion.'

"So who are you an Emissary from? Silver skin suggests more to you than just being a simple ambassador."

Amelia kept her cool, but she was feeling a little worry inside. It was always an adjustment when she visited Freedom, having to catch up on enough world events that she could bluff her way through things the humans had experienced as they happened. 'I hope there wasn't any sort of alien contact that everyone has already taken for granted. It was bad enough in '93 when I found I'd just missed the Terminus Invasion.'

Adam Kirk

adam.jpg

Still smiling, Adam nods toward Lucy, "Another time then." Then, turning back to King, "Well, I won't ruin your night with further talk of business. I'll call your people first thing Monday morning. Have a good night Hieronymus," and turning to the younger, more feminine King once again, and this time as a goodnight, "Lucy."

And with that he made his way back into the crowd, full of life. He looked around and smiled. Sure, he hated everyone here, although that Ms. Lucy King seemed an intriguing sort. The rest, however, were despicable - rich fools who were nothing but a drain on the world and those around them - but at least the biggest of them seemed likedly to back his movie. He loved that thought. The very movie that was going to illuminate this boorish, eccentric and dangerous upper class with their trivial wants and desires and empty souls. It was going to be a great movie. He even had a name for it - Citizen King. There was something about it that seemed right.

Adam meandered toward the door, politely conversing with people on the way and smiling. Nothing was going to spoil his night now...

...except that. Mrs. Anderson was loitering near the exit. Adam, not wanting his triumph spoiled turned hastily around and made his way back into the party. Squeezing a path through the crowd he found himself at a very familiar bar and ordered himself a very familiar beer. One thing that had changed was the company; a heavy set man to his right smelled of sweat and drank from a small glass, and to his left were a young couple. He guessed they were only a couple of years younger than he was, but who could be sure these days? He turned back, looking into the room and rested himself on the bar. He made himself comfortable whilst he kept a look out for Mrs. Anderson, or anyone else he didn't want to talk to.

Adam Kirk

adam.jpg

Still smiling, Adam nods toward Lucy, "Another time then." Then, turning back to King, "Well, I won't ruin your night with further talk of business. I'll call your people first thing Monday morning. Have a good night Hieronymus," and turning to the younger, more feminine King once again, and this time as a goodnight, "Lucy."

And with that he made his way back into the crowd, full of life. He looked around and smiled. Sure, he hated everyone here, although that Ms. Lucy King seemed an intriguing sort. The rest, however, were despicable - rich fools who were nothing but a drain on the world and those around them - but at least the biggest of them seemed likedly to back his movie. He loved that thought. The very movie that was going to illuminate this boorish, eccentric and dangerous upper class with their trivial wants and desires and empty souls. It was going to be a great movie. He even had a name for it - Citizen King. There was something about it that seemed right.

Adam meandered toward the door, politely conversing with people on the way and smiling. Nothing was going to spoil his night now...

...except that. Mrs. Anderson was loitering near the exit. Adam, not wanting his triumph spoiled turned hastily around and made his way back into the party. Squeezing a path through the crowd he found himself at a very familiar bar and ordered himself a very familiar beer. One thing that had changed was the company; a heavy set man to his right smelled of sweat and drank from a small glass, and to his left were a young couple. He guessed they were only a couple of years younger than he was, but who could be sure these days? He turned back, looking into the room and rested himself on the bar. He made himself comfortable whilst he kept a look out for Mrs. Anderson, or anyone else he didn't want to talk to.

Adam Kirk

adam.jpg

His head tilts for a moment, his expression curious.

"It would be my hope that no ambassador regarded their task or station as simple. To be chosen to represent one's land and ideals is a trust almost sacred for one to uphold. Or.. at least go my own feelings on the matter, admittedly. For my part, I have been sent to your land by Utopia Isle, a tenative effort to see if greater interaction with humanity's wider world can be possible."

"It would be my hope that no ambassador regarded their task or station as simple. To be chosen to represent one's land and ideals is a trust almost sacred for one to uphold. Or.. at least go my own feelings on the matter, admittedly. For my part, I have been sent to your land by Utopia Isle, a tenative effort to see if greater interaction with humanity's wider world can be possible."