Character Edits:

Thevshi

MBCE, before I make those changes, are you sure that you want to leave your Probability Control without Subtle? It is currently clear that you are the one causing the strange twists in luck, and will continue to do so if you do not add that power feat.

Probability control is alread a subtle effect as it is passive. He does not have the jinx or fortune extras therfore he doesn'T need to add subtle as I understand how the power is written in the UP. The Damage effect is where subtle is needed which is where I placed it. Did I mis understand the wording within the UP sourcebook?

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had not seen that Ultimate Power also changed the system for noticeable vs. subtle effects. I'd like to discuss it with the referees, since there are no guidelines for determining whether a non-basic power should be active or passive, except for the note that changing the duration of a passive effect makes it into an active one.

I had not seen that Ultimate Power also changed the system for noticeable vs. subtle effects. I'd like to discuss it with the referees, since there are no guidelines for determining whether a non-basic power should be active or passive, except for the note that changing the duration of a passive effect makes it into an active one.

Okay, let me know how things get decided. Until then please hold off on the changes for Ghost.

Okay, let me know how things get decided. Until then please hold off on the changes for Ghost.

You can, but is this the version that includes Perception? Also, be aware that effect is absurdly underpowered. That only provokes a DC 12 Will save, which the vast majority of characters on the board, including PL 6s, can make more than 60% of the time. The PL 10s you'll be up against will be even worse, and will almost certainly be able to make that roll more than 75% of the time.

You can, but is this the version that includes Perception? Also, be aware that effect is absurdly underpowered. That only provokes a DC 12 Will save, which the vast majority of characters on the board, including PL 6s, can make more than 60% of the time. The PL 10s you'll be up against will be even worse, and will almost certainly be able to make that roll more than 75% of the time.

Also, be aware that effect is absurdly underpowered. That only provokes a DC 12 Will save, which the vast majority of characters on the board, including PL 6s, can make more than 60% of the time. The PL 10s you'll be up against will be even worse, and will almost certainly be able to make that roll more than 75% of the time.

Isn't Dryad's Possession vs. non-humanoids only? If so, she wouldn't be using it on any of the characters. And since most animals have very low Will saves, it's not as underpowered vs. them.

Also, be aware that effect is absurdly underpowered. That only provokes a DC 12 Will save, which the vast majority of characters on the board, including PL 6s, can make more than 60% of the time. The PL 10s you'll be up against will be even worse, and will almost certainly be able to make that roll more than 75% of the time.

Isn't Dryad's Possession vs. non-humanoids only? If so, she wouldn't be using it on any of the characters. And since most animals have very low Will saves, it's not as underpowered vs. them.

...and now I feel silly. :oops:

Sorry, I'm just automatically set to think of powers as affecting things with better than average will saves, so when I saw that, I immediately thought it was underpowered.

He still has to tell me whether it's the Perception range one, however. I can't see how it would be that many points for so few ranks otherwise, but I do need his say-so.

...and now I feel silly. :oops:

Sorry, I'm just automatically set to think of powers as affecting things with better than average will saves, so when I saw that, I immediately thought it was underpowered.

He still has to tell me whether it's the Perception range one, however. I can't see how it would be that many points for so few ranks otherwise, but I do need his say-so.