Winter Wonderland

Supercape

Round 6:

25 Foreshadow - Bruised, Staggered, KO, 3 HP
20 Beefcake 1 - Bruised
20 Beefcake 2 - Bruised x4
18 Blonsky - Bruised, Mind Controlled
8 Synapse - Unharmed - 5 HP, on SNW 1

So the Beefcakes are going to follow orders and start skiinig after Synapse. Blonsky is mind controlled. Ill make an IC post and then synapse is up. Again, its a DC 15 concentration roll to maintain forcefield and mind control powers. 

Also, another HP for Synapse and Foreshadow both, as Edward starts skiing towards the mine, with Foreshadow lying several feet away in the snow...
  • Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, as discussed in chat, Synapse is burning some of those accumulated Hero Points to do some awesome stuff. 

First, a drive roll for her to steer the now gasless snowmobile off the luge to somewhere safe for it to crash, she gets a 23.

A concentration roll to keep the mind control up, a 17, will have to use another HP to reroll that, 20, but with the +10 because it is below 10, tha tis actually a 30, so no problem there.

Stunting Flight 2 (Extras: Area, Selective) linked to Super Strength 2 (limited: only lifting capacity) of her Forcefield (which has 10pp).

Surging for a third movement action to fly her and Blonsky up 170' into the air (which should make them hard targets to be shot at as that is three range increments for an assault rifle). 

So, all said and done, that will be 3 HP spent by the end of the round.

OK I suggest we jump posts slightly - so two rounds of Synapse flying back to the Mine, and one round only of assault rifle attack (given the second round they would be out of range)

1d20+2=4

So lets move out of combat for now, but the Beefcakes are slowly making their way back to the mine site. 

As discussed in chat, Dee is going to stunt a power off her power reserve:

Healing 5 (Extra: Action (Standard); Flaws: Limited to others, limited to recovery from unconsciousness)

to jolt Foreshadow back awake. 

She just makes her Concentration roll to keep Mind Control on Blonsky when using her standard action for this (with a 20).

For now she will take the fatigue.

Also, she drops the stunted flight and activates her forcefield once more.

Since Foreshadow has 3HP to spare.  It is tempting to just burn an hp to get rid of that Staggered condition.  And in fact will do just that rather than letting it linger.  His Acrobatics is high enough that he can stand as a free action without a roll and as such will do so.  Then seeing as Synapse hasn't released her hold on Blonsky yet, Foreshadow's going to prepare himself to be annoying by attempting to pre-emptively grab him so he doesn't run off.  If an actual grapple check, and melee roll is needed will do as such.

Edited by HG Morrison

Thats legit, although p121/122 says that Staggered effectively takes two rounds to do (HP allows a full round action to recovery, but Staggered means you can only take a Standard action / round). 

Still, preemptive action is fine...do you want to post? Thev, what is Dee doing?

• 2 months later...

Assuming you wish to do this, Search rolls for looking around the site for cameras and the like. Disable Device rolls for dismantaling alarms locks etc. 

For reference DC 15 Search for all the cameras and alarms. DC 20 Disarm Trap to dismantle them without anyone know. 

DC 20 To break the locks. 

Of course, Stealth rolls might also be wise if you do not dismantle the alarms...or even if you do. 

You may wish to take 20, but on the other hand, what is happening inside....? Taking 10 is fine. 

All other tactics of cleverness, post em!

Notice (hearing) check please, 

DC 10 Them be voices in room. 

DC 20 Them be three voices in room, one is being the Blonsky. 

DC 30....if you get it, I will let you be the knowing!

-2 Situational bonus for listening through door (unless you have penetrates hearing supersense! ;) )

That works, which means you see them. But do they see you?

Its a bit wobbly, but the best way of resolving this, I think is a stealth roll from Synapse....can you oblige THev? I will give a +5 situational bonus due to your superior disable device, darkness, and etc etc.