Winter Wonderland

Supercape

Okay, going for Mind Control now.  Synapse gets a 29 for her Power Check.

She will have the Russian try to break or damage his rifle first, then he will break his skies, and then (assuming she is able to maintain control) she will have him start taking off his clothes and streak.  :whip: 

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, Foreshadow (by looking) or Synapse (by mind scanning and control) will know that off camera, Nevsky is struggling under a pile of security gaurds and about to be injected with a powerful sleeping drug, all on the Biathalon track. 

Edward is being reinvited to join - which he wants to, but he will follow Dees lead. 

It would be a Diplomacy roll to stall the officials. DC 10 for a few minutes, DC 20 for an hour, DC 30 the next day, complaining that it needs to be rescheduled. Of course, you could you intimidate. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, feel free to narrate a mind control on the officials to get the medical snowmobile. Otherwise go for a DC 15 Diplomacy roll. 

(Of course feel free to steal it, or grab it from the military...I just thought this was the most likely choice!)

If you are racing away, can the driver give me a Driving roll...if there are two of you on one bike. If you are both grabbing one, both give me a roll!

DC 10 to avoid crashing in the race to save Edward!

And the James Bond chase through the snow is up!

So, we have two Blonsky Beefcakes with assault rifles and skis in the way, and Blonsky himself, climbing on to his own snowmobile. Also, we may have mines...

Lets start off with some initiative rolls please! For now, we shall say Blonsky heard/saw you about 200 feet away. The trees on the course give partial cover. Technically it is a cold environment, but that will not be bothering you on this time scale. Also, if you are not on skis or snowmobile, the ground is snowy (-25% movement speed). 

Finally, we are in a Russian Olympic Games! There may be bystanders (watchers, officials, other athletes, Edward himself back down the course heading towards a mine), and of course you can deviate to ski slopes, the louge, the ice rink, whatever takes you fancy! HP available for particularly mad things like doing ski jumps without skis!

Blonsky is a very experienced ex KGB, Special Forces guy so he is a badass normal. Not pumped up like the goons. However, all are lowish power threats, and not minions. 

Blonsky Initiative: 1d20+6=18

Beefcakes Initiative: 1d20+3=20

Finally, there is a mine on the course under the snow. I'll give that a DC 15 to spot, but -5 to that if you are on a speeding Snowmobile!

The Goons will reply with two bursts of automatic fire!

Im not going to make this too complex about hitting people on a snowmobile, so I will just say that you have +2 to your defence on their attacks, and if they hit in that extra range, it will hit the Snowmobile instead. 

So...1d20+8=15, 1d20+8=24

First Goon misses. Second Goon would hit, but the Snowmobile Suffers instead, which means a Toughness Roll...oooh errr...Snowmobiles, eh?

Im going to go with:

Snowmobile: Strength 20, Speed 4 (100mph), Toughness 8 (Plus some gumf about travelling on snow...)

Its hit with a bullet DC 20 Toughness, and the roll is: 1d20+8=22 so no injury. 

However, to keep things interesting, lets say the fuel tank was hit, and an HP to Foreshadow for that (un)lucky escape!

Foreshadow - Unharmed - 2 HP

Synapse will go full speed (she is a bit of an adrenaline junkie), she gets a 28 on her drive roll!

In addition to taking a full action to put up her forcefield, she will send a mental blast (putting her reserve toward that power) at one of the goons (perception range, so DC 23 Will save vs the blast).

Round 2:

25 Foreshadow - Unharmed - 2 HP

20 Beefcake 1 - Unharmed, Taunted

20 Beefcake 2 - Unharmed, Dazed (til 8), Bruised

18 Blonsky - Unharmed

8 Synapse - Unharmed - 3 HP

Foreshadow is up!

Playing a bit loose with the rules, Synapses speedy driving means she is a hairs breath away from Blonsky. Behind them (again, lets say a few dozen feet) are the two Beefcakes and a mine. And there is a trail of petroleum on the ground!

Alright I'm assuming as a reaction to the mine it calls for a Notice Check (-5 Circumstance Penalty): 1d20+10 21

He sees it, and will then inform Dee.  But since Blonsky's within reach Foreshadow's jumping from Dee's snowmobile to Blonsky's in a move action not to be out adrenaline junkied.  Even prepared an Acrobatics Check (To extend jump distance if necessary): 1d20+22 25

And a second incase he needed to take a balance roll upon landing Acrobatics (Balance if necessary): 1d20+22 23 Should have just taken 10 but ah well

If Foreshadow's not knocked off or left in some other precarious position on the vehicle. He's going to give Blonsky an Unarmed Attack (DC18; DC20 if Sneak Attack applies to the situation): 1d20+10 23

That is all good! He is suitably flat footed from somebody jumping on to his Snowmobile!

1d20+6=13 Bruised, dazed, staggered!

Also, I will rule he is knocked off his snowmobile! No damage from rolling into the snow though. 

That does mean that Foreshadow is on a snowmobile without a driver - consider that a move action next round to get into the drivers seat. 

Post away!

And then we have the Beefcakes. One is dazed from the mind blast, so won't act. the other brainwashed beef will unleash more gunfire at Synapse (same rules as before with +2 cover)

1d20+8=19 is a hit, but again, the snowmobile rather than Synapse. A DC 20 Toughness Save for the vehicle. 

1d20+8=11 It narrowly avoids being wrecked, but it acquires an injury

Blonsky is Dazed, so no action. 

Synapse is up, and being mean I will give her a -2 DC roll on drive at the moment from the gunfire. She is running parallel with Foreshadow and his newly acquired snowmobile, and Blonsky is rolling in the snow parallel to them. DC 10 Drive to maintain control and stay parallel (other DCs for cool stunts like a victory flip)

EDIT: For reference snowmobile rides probably mean a DC10 COnetration roll to maintain powers, but hey--Synapse has +12 Bonus so no point!