Change Is Necessary for Growth [OOC]

trollthumper

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All right, I'll say that Collins is sufficiently stunned that she drops her grip on Summers, but retains enough of her faculties that she manages to turn to protoplasm and escape through the nearest heating vent. The other guards should be easy pickings, and take a Hero Point for the escape Fiat.

Sage: 33, Unharmed, 8 HP

Papercut: 25, Unharmed, 5 HP

Dark Young: 20, Unharmed, 0 HP

Ghost Girl: 14, Unharmed, 6 HP

Citizen: 9, Unharmed, 2 HP

Cobalt Templar: 9, Unharmed, 2 HP

Wraith: 5, Unharmed, 3 HP

Once we get the IC posts up for Sage's strike and Collins's escape, Papercut is up next.

All right, the DC is actually 19, as its Defense is +7 and Koshiro scored a 19. It rolls a 9 on that Reflex save, and is thus Blinded.

Papercut: 25, Unharmed, 4 HP

Dark Young: 20, Unharmed, Blinded, 0 HP

The Dark Young goes next. As it is Blinded, that means it's flat-footed, has a -2 to Defense on top of that (meaning it's a straight DC10 to hit the thing), and all enemies are treated as if they have full Concealment. So, it tries to hit the source of its blinding pain with its Enhanced Strength array. And fails utterly.

Ghost Girl is up next.

Ghost Girl

Full Action: Ice Breath

Snare 11 (Extras: Affects Corporeal, Area [General, Cone], Flaws: Action [Full Action]), Range [Touch], Power Feats: Progression 1 [Area, max 275'], Reverse Progression 1 [Area, min 100']) [24PP]

That's a DC 21 Reflex save against entanglement (bound and helpless if it fails by 5 or more). Let me know how that goes; she certainly has the HP available to surge if necessary.

Sharl punches the thing in the face:

Move Action: Fly up to the thing and punch it.

Standard Action: Regular Punch

(01:20:38) AvengerAssembled: REGULAR PUUUNCH

(01:20:42) System: AvengerAssembled rolls 1d20 and gets (6)=6.

+16 makes that 22.

DC 23 Tou save

If that does nothing...

Surge:

(01:21:51) AvengerAssembled: POWER ATTAAACK

(01:21:54) System: Error: Unknown command: /1d20+11

(01:22:00) System: AvengerAssembled rolls 1d20 and gets (4)+11=15.

Spending an HP to clear the fatigue. DC 28 Tou save on the second one.

Hm. So we've got a flesh-tree from beyond the gates of madness, and the gal running the school is a crazy flesh-warping monstrosity who likely worships the Thing Which Should Not Be. And Young Freedom is caught in the middle.

Sounds like a Tuesday to me.

Move Action: Move forward a bit so that a.)CT has a clear line of fire, and b.)he may attract the thing's attention without getting teammates in the way.

Free Action: Set Fires of Judgement Array to his Blast.

Standard Acton: Attack the Dark Young!

And...14. Joy.

EDIT: Apparently, that hits!

DC 26 Toughness Save. For what it's worth, Descriptors in play are Magic, Holy, and Fire.

Smashy-smashy-time? Smashy-smashy-time. This thing's probably an acceptable target, but Wraith wouldn't be sure (not having your human shapeshifter prejudices).

Move Action: Shapeshift.

Elongation 2 (10ft) [2PP]

Feat (Power Attack) [1PP]

Strike 5 (Feats: Improved Critical [19-20], Mighty) [7PP]

[2 + 1 + 7 = 10/10PP]

Standard Action: Charge!

Wraith was moving away from the cell toward the door, so I'm assuming she has the 10' minimum charge distance. If not, let me know and I'll revise.

Melee Attack Roll vs. Dark Young (megaton mallet; Power Attack -5/+5, Charge +2) (1d20 + 10 - 5 + 2=24)

Yes, that should do. 25 (base) + 5 (power attack) = DC30 Toughness save for the Dark Young, there. Wraith is at +6 defense until the end of her next turn.

She will be interposing for Papercut in the event he gets attacked and she's in a position to do the interposing.

This post makes a few assumptions.

1. There is at least 2 Guards present.

2. They're minions.

3. They're relatively close and close together.

Standard Action: Split Attack: Telepathic Blade (Will), Taking 10 @ +16 to Attack for 26. Damage would be DC20 Will Save

All right, let's see how it does.

(20:08:51) System: trollthumper rolls 1d20 and gets (16)=16.

Its Toughness is currently +12, so... it meets the DC and takes no damage. It's now the Dark Young's turn. First it makes a Fort save at +1 against being Blinded.

(20:10:28) System: trollthumper rolls 1d20 and gets (16)=16.

And with the +8 Fort, that gives it a 25, so it's un-Blinded but still has a -1 to all rolls involving sight (i.e., attack and defense). It can't do anything else, due to being Dazed.

Dark Young: 20, Bruised x3, Dazed (Cobalt Templar's Action), Pinned, 0 HP

Ghost Girl is up next.

Ghost Girl

Move Action: Demoralize.

(01:54:06) System: Gizmo rolls 1d20 and gets (2)+5=7.

Hero Point: Reroll

(01:55:42) System: Gizmo rolls 1d20 and gets (16)+5=21.

Standard Action: Drain Strength.

(01:56:25) System: Gizmo rolls 1d20 and gets (7)+11=18.

That's a DC 21 Fort Save against the Drain Strength. Let me know if the Dark Young is just Fearless, I guess!

Sadly, the Demoralize attempt fails, as the Dark Young has Fearless. Now, Drain Strength.

(21:05:02) System: trollthumper rolls 1d20 and gets (11)=11.

Consistent!

So, that's a 19 vs. a 21, which means a -2 to the Dark Young's Strength.

Dark Young: 20, Bruised x3, Dazed (Cobalt Templar's Action), Pinned, -2 Strength, 0 HP

Ghost Girl: 14, Unharmed, 5 HP

Citizen is up next.