the Heros are NEAR (OOC)

Supercape

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... 3 is less than 10, so Push failed, and did not get a good night's sleep.

Actually, if you look at how it works, the more severe drawback is at the lower DC.

It's another part of how royally godawful Mecha and Manga is. It works like the usual Drawback frequencies in that it comes up if you beat the DC, contrary to good game design.

I exchanged PMs with Doc. Rachel should know exactly where it is. She invented up some techno-ESP on accident, and while she was searching through the galaxy, she spotted it. It would have been impossible to miss.

I just need Doc to let me know how he wants to go about meeting up with Rachel. It will be Rachel he meets up with. Saving the world is more important than taking the time to put on a suit ;)

Dok's in his satellite space station, which has

Super-Senses 59 (Accurate, Analytical, and Extended 4 [100,000 ft. {18.9 miles} increment] on all Radio senses [14]; Radius and Extended 4 for all Visual senses [10]; communication link 6 [with Archeville's electromagnetic screwdriver, Archestern, Fjölnirskraft, Haus von Archeville, and two ArcheTech facilities {the corporate HQ in Freedom City, and the Berlin facility}] [radio] [6]; tracking extradimensional awareness [radio] [2]; tracking detect energy [radio] [2]; detect metahuman/mutant powers [radio] [1]; detect technology [radio] [1]; detect time [radio] [1]; infravision [1]; low-light vision [1]; microscopic vision 4 [4]; acute analytical precognition [Flaw: Only for predicting macro-scale trends and behaviors] [mental] [3]; radio (with accurate, this is also radar) [1]; analytical scent [analytical and acute for olfactory {i.e., gas chromatographs & chemsniffers}] [2]; trace teleport [radio] [1]; ultra-hearing [1]; ultravision [1]; x-ray vision [Drawback: not through lead] [3]) ("Oodles of Sensors and Analytical Equipment")

And if that alone isn't enough to get a good fix on it, he can hotwire/jury-rig something up that'd give him the senses/range needed to spot it.

:science:SCIENCE! :science: It's what he does!

:argh:

18.9 miles is just one range increment. Which means that anyone using it takes a -1 penalty on their Notice check per 18.9 miles. Thus, a Bystander could Take 20 (for 26, with the +6 to Notice the station's Enhanced Skills [i.e.: really good sensors] give), and spot something obvious (like, say, a person on the street) 491.4 miles away.

... ArcheStern's 22,000 miles above sea level. I'm going to need more Extended! Even Dok using it (44 total if he Takes 20 on Notice) can only see something obvious 831.6 miles away with it!

EDIT: Ah, and that's why Dok has ESP on all his HQs, so he can just tap into any existing cameras (traffic cams, webcams, cell phone cams, etc.) to see things. Still, that wouldn't help with tracking things like weather patterns, or herd migrations... or asteroids.

. . .

Well, he can't reach Push's cameras; they're on a closed circuit! :D

Suddenly, Push's problems vis-a-vis sandwiches feel very small indeed.

Wireless CCTV systems can be hacked into. An even if they are wired CCTVs (which he probably would not be able to tap into remotely), there's still traffic cameras, cell phone cams, web cams, his phone line...

:science:

If nobody has any handy Space Ships here, the power of P.L.O.T will give us a bog standard Space Craft as per M&M rules powered by Handwavium and flying to the Meteor at a speed of Fluff.

EDIT: Dok's Superior Science-knowledge (the player not the character) will gladly be bowed to on this by the way. And what a catch with those planets, eh?