the Heros are NEAR (OOC)

Supercape

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Per the orbital maps for Jan 31st, Jupiter is about 5.6 AU from Earth, and 35.97 AU separates Neptune from Jupiter. Before that, though, we'll pass through the Asteroid Belt, which is roughly 1 AU thick, and starts at close to the orbit of Mars.

at ~2.3 AU, enter Asteroid Belt

at ~2.9AU, leave Asteroid Belt

at ~5.6 AU, reach Jupiter

at ~41.6 AU, reach Neptune + Asteroid

1 Astronomical Unit = 8.31675359 light minute

Traveling at 25c, we can go 1 AU in 0.333 minutes

Enter Asteroid Belt in 0.765 minutes (45.9 seconds)

Leave Asteroid Belt 0.965 minutes (57.9 seconds)

Reach Jupiter 1.863 minutes (1 min 52 seconds)

Reach Neptune + Asteroid 13.8 minutes (13 min 48 seconds)

(The 4 hours travel time from Earth-Neptune I mentioned earlier was wrong; that's how long it'd take us to reach Neptune going at 1c, i.e., the speed of light.) :shock:

We may want to take longer getting through the Belt, to make sure we avoid collisions ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Any way Blueshift can use the device she created:

Device 2 (Easy to Lose) [6pp]

Super Senses 10 (Penetrates Concealment [Radio], Counters Concealment [Radio], Acute [Radio], Analytical [Radio], Extended 2 [Radio])

To try and identify what the surface IS, or at the very least how it will react to such energy blasts?

Might I also combine the device with a litany of knowledge checks aimed toward the same result?

Sorry have been away a bit due to pain and painkillers - very woozy and sapped!

Anyway, Blueshift can indeed use that device to her leisure.

Time is sufficiently pressing, but with QUickness x10,000 taking 20 on a check is not a problem so I will presume you take 20 on physical sciences for a total result of 35 - more than enough!

Firstly, the asteroid is stuffed full of Quantum Energy [TM] - or whatever novel name you wish to give to it (Blueshift Radiation is quite acceptable). Where it not for your Counters Concealment, your device would be much worse off:

The entire planet has partial radio obscure.

The surface is part silicon and part crystal, again, of a type your choice. Eg Quantum Crystal (I say quantum because its a good reason why Supercape cant teleport to/from/around the planetoid).

The energy is electrical - discharges between the peaks of crystal. Anyone caught in the discharge would take a DC 30 toughness check (Reflex for half to take it to 23).

The planet itself is very low (micro) gravity (Using standard rules) and flooded with moderate degree of radiation: although your space suits will shield your from that. It also is a vaccuum and ill use standard rules for that (again your spacesuits will shield your from that effect).

However, it also has a lot of micro razor sharp crystals floating around. These will eat into and degrade both the ship and your suits, particularly if you move around a lot.

FInally, it is geologically unstable. A few earthquakes, chasms opening up, etc.

Good luck out there, chaps!

• 4 weeks later...

Yea, that's one of the reasons I don't ever plan on increasing the number of ranks she has in that power. Frankly, 5 points of ANYTHING is cheese enough. I may drop the action required to re-configure it down the line, but currently, it's not even on the list of things to buy.

Personally, Im fine with variable powers as long as it stays clear of a few things - immunity being one of them. Using variable for things like blasts, nauseate, strength, elongate, flight, etc is all fine.

My own feeling is that it shouldnt be used for immunity. Supersenses is another one I am a little cautious about but not terribly.

You do pay through the nose for variable power, and you should get your "moneys worth". Immunity however, is off limits when I GM! ;)

In this case I think it works fine, as there isn't actually an "enemy" we are fighting. And, its cool.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry have been away a bit due to pain and painkillers - very woozy and sapped!

Anyway, Blueshift can indeed use that device to her leisure.

Time is sufficiently pressing, but with QUickness x10,000 taking 20 on a check is not a problem so I will presume you take 20 on physical sciences for a total result of 35 - more than enough!

Firstly, the asteroid is stuffed full of Quantum Energy [TM] - or whatever novel name you wish to give to it (Blueshift Radiation is quite acceptable). Where it not for your Counters Concealment, your device would be much worse off:

The entire planet has partial radio obscure.

The surface is part silicon and part crystal, again, of a type your choice. Eg Quantum Crystal (I say quantum because its a good reason why Supercape cant teleport to/from/around the planetoid).

The energy is electrical - discharges between the peaks of crystal. Anyone caught in the discharge would take a DC 30 toughness check (Reflex for half to take it to 23).

The planet itself is very low (micro) gravity (Using standard rules) and flooded with moderate degree of radiation: although your space suits will shield your from that. It also is a vaccuum and ill use standard rules for that (again your spacesuits will shield your from that effect).

However, it also has a lot of micro razor sharp crystals floating around. These will eat into and degrade both the ship and your suits, particularly if you move around a lot.

FInally, it is geologically unstable. A few earthquakes, chasms opening up, etc.

Good luck out there, chaps!

I know you've mentioned your dislike of using Variable Powers for Immunities, but you have allowed Blue Shift to whip up an Immunity to Electrical Damage. And Dok's Electromagnetic Screwdriver (Gadgets 3) is all about manipulating electrical/electromagnetic/magnetic energy. So, I presume there is no problem with him making a similar immunity for him & the bomb?