"Concert Auditions. Second Floor, 2B" (IC)

Heritage

Moira looked around. Indeed there was a tambourine in the room, right next to Sparksmith's drum set. She quickly scooted over to the drummer and looked at him with an asking look for the sparkling instrument. With his permission she picked it up, quietly thanking him with a wink. Slinking back over to Estelle, she tapped the noise maker on her hip as the music started up. She kept the beat as was needed, swaying to the song as she walked behind the golden haired hostess. She gently leaned up against her back, their shoulder blades touching with the long braid between them, trying not to mess up her concentration, but still swaying her hips to the beat.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Estelle visibly beamed at Divine's approach; why should she hide the fact that she was attracted to someone? Well okay, maybe not right in front of impressionable high school students, but still.

Ah, what the ****, as Sunny would say. Life is too short.

When the two lovely ladies stood back to back, it was indeed an impressive sight as they swayed from side to side in perfect time as they played their respective instruments. In fact, it seemed like the presence of the goddess even inspired the blonde chemist's performance.

My God, has it really been so long since I just let go and enjoyed myself?

When the song came to an end, Estelle did a classic Beatles bow.

"Thank you all so much! I'd love if you all could participate in the concert, your busy schedules permitting, of course. Feel free to eat, drink and be merry for a bit, and make sure to give me your contact info before you go!"

Gossamer unslung her guitar, fetched an orange Gatorade out of the fridge across the room, and plopped down on the sofa to catch her breath.

"And that's how you play the rock and roll!" :D

Sparksmith's drumset faded away as he stood up and ran over to the snack table. He looked like he should be exhausted, but he seemed to still have a lot of energy left.

"This entire day was a blast! We should do this more often, even if there isn't a concert coming up. Oh, and Estelle, here, let me give you my number.

Kurt flips open his phone, and is shocked by the time. "Oh crap... Master Lee's going to kill me. Didn't think this thing would go so late." He opens his My Contact Info page and gives her the phone so she can copy it, then takes it back as soon as she's done.

"Well. Late is late to him. Might as well stick around a little longer for some free food."

Kurt smiled wide as he grabbed some chips off the table and started devouring them as if he hadn't eaten in months.

"This entire day was a blast! We should do this more often, even if there isn't a concert coming up. Oh, and Estelle, here, let me give you my number.

Estelle smiled and nodded as she happily entered Kurt's digits into her cell. "Oh, I agree! Once a month might be good. I'm thinking of getting my own place, maybe setting up a studio. I'd love to have regular jam partners!"

She tossed a goofy glance Moira's way.

"One can only do so much solo playing!" :P

"Estelle," Eddie greeted her as he approached. "Thanks for the chance to audition," He said, holding a business card out to her. It read "DJ Juke, no birthday parties." It had a cell phone number, and another shorter number in a format she didn't recognize. "Cell phone number, and radio frequency," Eddie tapped his head with his index finger. "Either works for me."

He turned to look at the veritable banquet table. "I'd like to stay for food, but given the fact that I'm sort of on a curfew, and taking into account present company," He took a sidelong glance at Zoe, "It's probably not the best idea." Eddie turned to his musical equipment, which he had all piled together. He snapped his fingers, and suddenly, it was gone. It was clear by this point in the night that the youth didn't spare any discretion for the wanton use of his incredibly diverse powers. "Hope to be hearing from you," He gave her a mock salute, snapped his fingers again, and then he too, was gone.

Dragonfly packed up her instruments, sighing inside and wishing she didn't have to drag them all the way back home. investigate alternate transportation - storage? - could throw together some kind of pocket dimension - cohesion an interesting challenge...

She gave Estelle a quick and awkward bow on her way out, pulling the oversized double bass case behind her on its wheels. "Thank you. For the audition I mean. Was....fun. Looking forward to the actual concert. Will likely be very successful." Glancing at the woman's cell phone, something behind the visor flickered with little blue lights, and she added, "You have my contact information. Phone number. Usually reachable." Nodding like that explained absolutely everything, she made her way out through the door, distractedly humming to herself and wondering if maybe she could repurpose some of her old parts into something special....