Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Geez3r

Monsters in the Streets! - Bayview (IC)

Recommended Posts

Every now and then people wake up with that feeling in their stomach that the day is going to suck. They’ve got no reason for that belief. As far as they know, this is just another ordinary day, and most of the time it really is just a normal day. Other times however... you wish you had stayed in bed.

Today will fall into the latter category. The early morning passes just like any other day. People get up, say good bye to their families and head off to work or to school or run some errands. But then, right before 11 o’clock things turned real sour, real fast. Monsters were lose in the streets, seemingly appearing out of no where. Heedless of the danger, the heroes sprang into action as the first explosion broke the early morning silence.

The scene before you was one of wanton destruction. It was a rampage, nothing but the after effects of brutal savagery. And judging from the roars and shockwaves, there was still something out there hell bent on destroying everything it came across. Smoke was already billowing high into the sky, and you could taste the ash in the air.

Share this post


Link to post

The Pramas Bridge was under assault. This was made worse by the fact that the bridge was full of cars going both directions with midday traffic. Several cars were already teetering on the edge, all except 2 abandoned by their occupants. At the southern side of the bridge, a monster is barreling straight towards the bridge, intent on running through and over any cars (and it’s occupants).

Underneath the bridge, a massive cargo ship is under attack by another creature. The crew members are seeking refuge from the onslaught by jumping into the water, away from the creature. The creature seems to enjoy hurling several of the shipping containers towards the support beams of the bridge, when not simply tearing up the ship itself. The ship is already taking on water.

Lastly, there is another creature in the center of the bridge, this one towering over 20ft in the air. This monstrous behemoth is intent on destroying one of the supports for the suspension bridge. If they succeed, very few people are getting off this bridge alive.

Share this post


Link to post

Mike was taking advantage of a free period after lunch to make a quick flight to the mall to pick some more summer appropriate clothes as he had managed to outgrow near everything he owned ... Again. When the attack began the sound of the initial blows raced to his ears causeing him to draw up short his vision piercing the distance to identify the cause of such chaos.

As soon as he saw what it was he uttered a series of curses quite out of character for the normally reserved teen and activated his communicator as he rapidly changed into the blue and gold of his alter ego Phalanx, "Phalanx to Young Freedom some kind of monsters are attacking Pramas bridge I'm moving to engage." Message sent he shot out of the sky towards the teetering cars a flash of blue and gold across the sky.

Share this post


Link to post

Alex picked up the images from Mike's brain and sent them out to the teammates she could easily find as she slipped out of the back of the study hall she'd been in. A touch on her belt sent her down to the team's command center before teleporting her out to the Pramas bridge. Her young voice popped on over the communicator's crackle. "On my way. Psyche out."

She floated up, leaving a trail of sparkling energy in her wake as she flew high to get a feel for the lay of the land, her mind already working on the scenario and the way to save as many people as possible, as quickly as possible.

Share this post


Link to post

Erin was glad she'd already been in her room between classes when the call came in, that meant she could change into her uniform and didn't have to go into battle in her civvies. "I'm coming too, be there in just a minute." In mere moments she was changed and activating her beacon, following Alex's coordinates out to the bridge site. As she took in the scene, she murmured a few bad words. "What's going on here?"

Share this post


Link to post

Unlike his friends, Breakdown needed no communicator. He heard Phalanx's call to arms in his head. On my way, dude. Came the response on the radio waves.

A moment later, Breakdown crackled into existence on the bridge. Having teleported in, he took a moment to take stock of the situation. "Oh god." Was what he uttered when he realized just how bad things were.

Share this post


Link to post

I really need to actually answer the damn thing when it buzzes. Sure he'd had a legitimate reason. Some hyped up 'dark warrior' from an alternate dimension had ruined his breakfast at this nice little cafe in Downtown and he'd had to take fellow back to his home dimension and then seal up the rift. Afterwords, his clothes were destroyed and he was in sore need of a shower. So, he'd been a little slow in answering as he jumped into the shower. Of course, as soon as he stepped out and played the message, he wasted no time. Throwing on some clothes, he vanished and reappeared on the Bridge.

He raised an eyebrow as he looked around. "Huh...least it's not demons or my fault," he muttered quietly to himself. Of course, he was already moving to attack. No sense in announcing his presence. He was perfectly happy to stab the giant monster in the back (or somewhere lower and more sensitive if he had trouble reaching that high). Fighting with rules and honor was for idiots or people who believed in such nonsense. James preferred to win.

Share this post


Link to post

Another mission, the powers have called me away

Another time to carry the colors again

My motivation, an oath I've sworn to defend

To win the honor of coming back home again

Breakdown wasted no time deciding on a course of action. He'd already dialed in a new song on the buttons on his sleeve.

This is Breakdown to Young Freedom. I'm going to make sure that monster on the end of the bridge doesn't run any of the cars off. Back me up. I have no clue if this is going to work or not...

Breakdown hit his sleeve, and music surged outward from him. The sounds of Disturbed blasted around him.

No explanation will matter after we begin

Unlock the dark destroyer that's buried within

My true vocation and now my unfortunate friend

You will discover a war you're unable to win

Breakdown charged across the bridge. He weaved in and out of the cars. He dashed through the legs of the larger creature, charging heedlessly, and headlong towards the monster at the other end of the bridge in a desperate attempt to make sure that it did not make it's way onto the bridge.

I'll have you know

That I've become

Breakdown gave a mighty leap, and threw his entire body into the bulk of the creature.

Indestructible!

The impact was thunderous. It nearly deafened Breakdown himself. The impact was so jarring that it nearly made Breakdown pass out. Hitting the ground he stumbled backward. Bleary eyed, he stared upward at the creature that had not moved.

"No...No!"

Share this post


Link to post

There were times James really wished he could fly. Not only for the just the coolness factor of being able to fly but for times like this. He could barely reach the thing's waist and James wasn't a short guy either. Stupid giants. He summoned the Black Blade to his hand since he figured the big sucker was probably a bit too tough for the standard fire attacks to work.

James looked over at Breakdown as his friend bounced off the creature after a kamakazi run at it. "You seriously thought that was gonna work? It looks specialize in running through things. Change tactics dude," he said as he stepped up behind the creature and drove the blade into the giant's...knee. Yeah.

Share this post


Link to post

Hellion's luck with dealing with the creature is no better than Breakdown's as the creature's knee shows no sign of injury at all. This thing was built tougher than a freaking tank. It rounded on its assailant , bringing its giant clubbed tail down on the bridge causing a massive tremor. The bridge visibly shook and cracked, and many of the cars that were on the edge were sent over. Some people were still inside!

Under the bridge, the dragon serpent continued its rampage, throwing giant cargo container smack into the North support of the bridge which started to crack and groan under the continued stress. Bits and pieces were falling into the water below.

Share this post


Link to post

Erin watched as the bridge shook with the impact of the cargo container, sending cars sliding off the sides. She couldn't do anything about those, so she forced herself not to think about the people trapped inside. Instead, she leapt for the thing that had thrown the container, opening her bat in midair to meet it ready for a fight. She landed behind the creature, who was still looking far too pleased with itself about the container it had thrown, and smashed her bat twice into its spine, once with each end.

Share this post


Link to post

Wander's mighty bat lifted slammed the creature full in the gut. The impact was enough to send it flying into the cargo crates. It hung against the crates momentarily, leaving a huge indent in the steel containers. It fell back to the deck of the ship were Wander was waiting and cracked the monster again hitting in the back of the next and bouncing his head off the steel deck with a satisfying THWACK.

Share this post


Link to post

"Oh, no!" Psyche was in perfect position floating over the water to see the cars with people go flying off the side of the bridge. She thrust the forcefield around her out to gently catch the two occupied vehicles and push them to safety. It was hard to believe that a few months ago she'd strained to lift her backpack with her thoughts. Still, it took a good deal of attention and focus. Too much focus too contact the team, so she sent her thoughts to Mike via their mental link. 'Someone's going to have to shore up that bridge. I can't catch cars and hold it up at the same time. I'll hold up the bridge while you guys take out the monsters.'

Share this post


Link to post

Phalanx breathed a sigh of relief as Psyche caught the falling cars and immediately altered course. 'I'll try and keep the bug thing off the bridge.' he replied as he angled to charge down at the strange monster before it could cause more damage. He was pretty sure wander could keep the one on the boat tied up and hoped that Hellion could manage to keep the giant in the middle of the bridge tied up until they could deal with it. As he shot out of the sky he swung his fist forward landing a telling blow to the creatures midsection.

Share this post


Link to post

The strange bug creature takes a swipe at Breakdown for getting in its way. It misses by a rather large margin and it breaks off its assault of Breakdown to start charging towards the bridge again. However its progress is cut short as Phalanx charges out of the sky. The teen's mighty fist connects solidly to the beast's chest and stops the beast's charge dead. However, it doesn't seem to have taken too much damage from the attack.

Share this post


Link to post

"Well, BD, you've certainly had better ideas." Breakdown said, mostly to himself as he watched the massive fist decent upon him. He made a piteous attempt to dodge out of the way, but he was still a little disoriented from his reckless assault on the beast. The fist connected, and pain ensued. Before he even knew what was happening, he was flying. Flying while not under you're own power is ALWAYS disorienting. It only made things worse, when he hit the water.

Breakdown made an enormous splash. He also sank like a rock about one hundred and fifty feet beneath the surface of the water. It was all he could do to hold his breath.

Precious seconds ticked by. He had barely an idea of where he was, let alone which way was up. He simply let himself drift for a few moments as his pain wracked body tried to make sense of things.

Share this post


Link to post

When the big sucker started slamming things, James had been tossed around to come down heavily on his back. It hadn't hurt but landing next to the giant's massive (and stinky) crushing feet wasn't exactly where he wanted to be. James rolled to his feet and stabbed downward into the giant's foot with the sharped nail ever. Maybe he'd get the big sucker's attention at last before he tossed any more cars around.

Share this post


Link to post

That got the creatures attention. It gave a weird yelp and hastily retracted its foot, only adding to the damage caused by the blade. Dragging its foot caused the tarmac to get a little chewed up on the bridge, but the damage was quite superficial, just a pain to drive around. The creature seemed to stand a little more gingerly, as if it didn't want to put too much weight on its foot.

Share this post


Link to post

From the boat under the bridge, Erin watched as Breakdown went sailing off the side of the bridge, wincing in a moment of sympathy as he hit the water, hard. That couldn't be good. She didn't know a lot about how his powers worked, but she knew they involved sound, and were intricately tied to his headphones. If he'd been knocked silly, or if his headphones were dead, he was in big trouble. She smashed the monster one more time with her bat, then holstered it and dove off the boat and into the water.

It took her a moment to spot Breakdown as she streaked downwards as fast as she could; the water was still full of bubbles from his rapid entry. Catching sight of him, she hooked her arm around his chest, anchoring under his arms, and began racing for the surface. There'd be time to see if he was all right when they were back above water.

Share this post


Link to post

Seeing that Wander was after Breakdown, Psyche flew to the weakened bridge support. Along the way, she glared at one of the monsters that seemed to thrive on the carnage, raking at him mentally. She was surprised how resilient their brains seemed to be to assault but shrugged it off. Her main goal was getting down to the weakened support. Once she reached it, she pressed her palms against the bridge's strut.

Share this post


Link to post

The bug somehow managed to shrug off the effects of Psyche's assault, though it seemed more like a fluke than anything else really. What the creature did know how to ever was smack teen heroes around. It had previously demonstrated this ability on Breakdown and was now trying his hand at smacking Phalanx one.

Share this post


Link to post

Phalanx took the colossal bugs strike full on and held his ground little worse for wear. "My turn ugly." He growled as he wound up a punishing counterstrike of his own. He unleashed a titanic on two punch driving his fists up into what he hoped would be the more vulnerable underbelly of the insectoid behemoth.

Share this post


Link to post

Finally, after pulling Breakdown out of the murky depths, he finally seemed to come to. Erin suddenly felt Breakdown's grip on her shoulder tighten. When she looked over at him, he smiled, meeting her eyes through the visor.

There was suddenly a void in the river where the two heroes had been moments earlier.


Back on the bridge there was a splash. Behind the armored creature at the end of the bridge, Breakdown and Wander appeared, a puddle of water at their feet.

"Thanks for the assist, Wander." Breakdown said when he could finally speak. He then looked up at the large hulking creature in front of him. "Y'know. You got me wet. I really, really, don't like getting wet." Breakdown turned up the volume on the song he'd been playing.

[groove]20834374[/groove]

"I'm mad. And this..." He held up his right hand and glanced at it. It was vibrating like a tuning fork. "...Is gonna hurt!"

Share this post


Link to post

James grinned coldly as the giant thing stagger backward a little, surprised at the injury. "Time to cut you down to size," he said as he stepped forward. He swung the sword as hard as he could, slamming it into the creature's knee. James really needed to get this thing lower so he could find something a tad more vital. He gave a mental shrug. He'd get there eventually.

Share this post


Link to post

Phalanx finally plants a solid hook on the face of the bug, planting it solidly into the concrete, it's not getting up again. The giant staggers back from Breakdown's attack, suddenly looking as though it's moving in slow motion, and getting slower as Breakdown's attack takes effect. Hellion moves in for the final blow and the Black Blade, cuts true. However, the day is not yet won. As the creature staggers back, it's elbow catches the support, cracking it, and sending a rather large chunk falling towards the bridge, right for some civillians. Such a break also weakens the support cables and they are not able to support the weight of the giant that is now falling against it. Without a support in place, the bridge will surely crumble. In addition, there is the matter of all the crewmen of the ship who are now in danger of being crushed by the falling giant and various bits of rubble that they brought with them in their death throws.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...