New Young Adult Super Hero Team!

quotemyname

Who is going to actually live at the Bronwstone?

I ask this because some people have civilian I.Ds to protect, like Velocity and Jack.

If they are going ot be living there it is goign ot be pretty obvious who they are to the rest of the team.

So it is something we need to figure out before we all meet. Are we goign to Unmask or simply only some of us will live there?

Hmm, I was under the impression we would all live there, but Velocity goes to school and All-Star has no secret ID. My plan was for Grim to live there; with her powers, she can be as sneaky as she wants without too much difficulty.

For a team like this, I think it's best if we all know each other's real names, but that's just me. I think secrecy issues were one of the many challenges that helped undo the Knights.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the idea of everyone under one roof; disparate personalities working together is drama, disparate personalities living together is comedy. Best of both worlds.

As far as Jack goes, he'd have to unmask, but he could simply let everyone keep calling him Jack. All-Star would recognize him from the carnival, but none of them would have any reason to know who Erik Espadas is. That's kinda fun because it gives him the chance to reveal more to the team as he learns to trust them more.

I think the assumption here is that Doc A at least has used his resources to learn everyone's true identity, in order to track them down an invite them to the team. If we go with the scaled reputation for the team, it'd take at least DC 30 to figure out the whole roster; until then it wouldn't be obvious that Marcus' housemates are his teammates as well. So long as he doesn't advertise where he lives too much and we operate under the theory that civilians in this sort of setting are kinda slow on the uptake, we should be fine.

Well, Doc didn't need to do much to track down Velocity, just stop by Freedom Hall to chat with her :)

I agree with Har that eventually eveyone would know each others identities. Velocity has let a few others learn hers, but wouldn't really want to revel it right off the bat.

While she would be leery of living at the Brownstone if it threatned her secret ID, living there and going to school in New Haven isn't really an issue (after all, she can be there in no time flat). She also has the resources to have an off-campus place that is her "home" as far as classmates and the school are concerned (course, she likely won't be there much, which could be an issue if college friends come looking for her :D)

I vote Open Secret.

A few of us were talking in chat, and basically decided that so long as Marcus doesn't overtly draw attention to the brownstone, we're covered by genre conventions and suspension of disbelief. So, y'know, no bringing dates back to his place of flying out the third floor windows.

The way I figure it is this: Marcus is known to be All-Star, fine. It's still not particularly strange to find him living with or hanging out with people his own age. 'Wing wears a mask, Velocity and Jack wear masks and wigs, Blink and Grim can look like anybody they want to. True, Colt doesn't conceal his identity, but he's only had time to meet a few people; if he gets some non-cowboy clothes to wear around, who'd recognize him? Worst case scenario he could pose as his own alternate-universe double. So long as we don't take any team photos, I think we're fine.

As for revealing secret identities to each other, if Doc A's 'pitch' were interrupted by some emergency before they had time to decide, a successful team-up might go a long way to getting them to trust each other, right?

Regarding the info DC, I really think we should just set up a chart like the personal reputations, with different team members being revealed at different difficulties. Knowing a sports team exists doesn't mean you can name all of the players. Some are more famous than others.

Also: Here is the final version of the HQ!

Interceptors HQ: [20ep]

Size: Large; Toughness: 10; Features: Combat Simulator, Communications, Computer, Concealed 2, Defense System, Fire Prevention, Garage, Gym, Living Space, Holding Cells, Infirmiry, Power 2, Power System, Security System 2

Defense System 1: Snare 10

Power 1: Healing 9 (PFs: Persitant, Regrowth) [20pp]

Power 2: ESP 6 (Visual, 20 mile range [all of Freedom City]; Extra: No Conduit; Flaw: Medium – Surveillance equipment; PFs: Subtle, Rapid) [14pp] AND Quickness 9 (Flaws: Limited to Search) [3pp] AND Quickness 9 (Flaws: Limited to Notice) [3pp]

MAVERIC (Mobile Armored Vehicle for Emergency Response and Intercepting Criminals): [13ep]

Size: Huge [2ep]

Strength: 35 [1ep]

Speed: 5 [5ep]

Toughness: 10 [1ep]

Defense: 8 [0ep]

Features: 4 [4ep]

Features: Alarm, Caltrops, Remote Control, Smokescreen

---

For ease of copying, you get Code: This will be what you put in the equipment section of your character. It includes the words contributing X points towards the following. replace X with whatever you're spending.

Contributing X points toward the following:

[b][u]Interceptors HQ[/u][/b]: [20ep]

[i]Size:[/i] Large; [i]Toughness:[/i] 10; [i]Features:[/i] Combat Simulator, Communications, Computer, Concealed 2, Defense System, Fire Prevention, Garage, Gym, Living Space, Holding Cells, Infirmiry, Power 2, Power System, Security System 2

[b][u]Defense System 1:[/u][/b] [b]Snare 10[/b]

[b][u]Power 1:[/u][/b]  [b]Healing 9[/b] ([i]PFs:[/i] Persitant, Regrowth) [20pp]

[b][u]Power 2:[/u][/b] [b]ESP 6[/b] ([i]Visual, 20 mile range [all of Freedom City][/i]; [i]Extra:[/i] No Conduit; [i]Flaw:[/i] Medium – Surveillance equipment; PFs: Subtle, Rapid) [14pp] AND [b]Quickness 9[/b] ([i]Flaws:[/i] Limited to Search) [3pp] AND [b]Quickness 9[/b] ([i]Flaws:[/i] Limited to Notice) [3pp]

[b][u]MAVERIC[/u][/b] (Mobile Armored Vehicle for Emergency Response and Intercepting Criminals):  [13ep]

[b]Size[/b]: Huge [2ep]

[b]Strength[/b]: 35 [1ep] 

[b]Speed[/b]: 5 [5ep] 

[b]Toughness[/b]: 10 [1ep] 

[b]Defense[/b]: 8 [0ep] 

[b]Features[/b]: 4 [4ep]

Features:  Alarm, Caltrops, Remote Control, Smokescreen

Right. I think the example I used in chat was, if All-Star is throwing cars at a giant robot, who's going to notice Razorwing sneaking around the back of the warehouse to disarm the bomb?

So, in broad strokes:

DC 10: The famous speedster Velocity and the paragon-class hero All-Star have been working together on a new superteam.

DC 20: Called The Interceptors, the team has at least a half-dozen members, including the western-themed Colt and the swashbuckler Jack of all Blades.

DC 30: The remaining members of the team are Blink, a convicted thief, the shapeshifter known as Grimalkin and the brooding vigilante Razorwing. The Interceptors seem to confine their activities to Freedom City.

Beyond that, our individual reputation charts can determine how much someone knows about each of us. Are the DC placements about right for everyone?

Let's wait a bit to give everyone a chance to okay it or not. Is there anything else that needs to be on there besides the roster? Are we assuming the location of The Underground and Doc A's involvement are simply un-find-out-able, at least with a check?

Well, no. Those DC's are set in the book under the Concealed Feature of the HQ. Doc's involvement we should leave up to him to set a DC for.

We could put something in like:

DC 25: The team seems to work with tactics that distract opponents, allowing All-Star and the more heavy hitting members of the team to make their shots count.

Or something to that effect. Maybe if the hit the 5's between the DC's for the members, we can tell them a little about how we operate.

I'm never sure quite how well known Grim is at anytime; she's like Affably Mysterious. I think I've stated she is fairly well-known in the Fens, shared a few dances at Ace's big bash, and had that kissing booth at the carnival, but her crimefighting and patrol style favors moving through the shadows. I think this makes her more of a public figure than RW and Blink but less than Velocity or All-Star, so maybe DC 20 makes the most sense.

Sounds good. I'll put you down for DC 20 then.

You ever going to post your introduction? XD

I borrowed a computer from a friend, but can't seem to get it to work on our wireless network, so my access is still very spotty, stealing moments of access at Kinko's, various libraries or from family or friends. Sadly I'm way behind on posting as a result.

We could have Grim join in slightly later if access is a real issue. Shouldn't be that much of a problem for Doc to announce that we have a seventh member who shall be joining us shortly. That way we can move on with the posting.

Perhaps Grim is already out on assignment? Getting things for the base? Just a thought if you think you'll be held up for a bit.