New Young Adult Super Hero Team!

quotemyname

Oh, Thevshi's comment reminds me: is Dart, Inc still operating while all the litigation is taking place, or is is closed until firther notice?

It'd still be open, but probably on a reduced workload (which might make it more vulnerable to break-ins). As Geez has (repeatedly) pointed out to me, Malice was never the CEO/head of the company, just the head inventor (with a ton of stock).

I ask because I was thinking of a way to get Razorwing and Doktor Archeville acquainted, so I was imagining him trying to break into Darts, Inc for some materials needed to repair/upgrade his Devices but is caught red-handed by the good Doktor himself (or maybe the bad Doktor while he is in a fit of mania). after the requisite fight between them and some talking, Dr. Archeville gives the kid a shot at redemption by signing on with the team. What'cha got for me?

Hrrmmm... your ideas intrigue me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seven actually seems like a good number anyway; let's the team split up into groups when need be, and provides some wiggle room if someone's temporarily unavailable. The infiltration possibilities are pretty awesome, too; Colt, RW and Jack all have enough Stealth to at least hide in the bushes as back-up, and I'm betting All-Star provides one heck of a distraction.

And if we go with Heritage's suggestion, there are -- according to some traditions -- Seven Archangels.... ;)

"Shotgun Raguel" would be a great name for a band.

I dunno, 'Archangels' seems like something the Doc might name them, but it's a little sanctimonious for most of the actual members. Personally I still prefer 'The Interceptors'. That said, there's nothing stopping Doc from thinking of them as his seven archangels... In which case *cough*Zerachiel*cough*

Maybe they could serve as code names for infiltration missions?

Here's the HQ and it still needs work

Summary of donated equipment points:

Colt (4ep)

All-Star (5ep)

RW (5ep)

Jack (4ep)

Velocity (5ep)

Grim (?ep)

Blink (5ep)

So we have 28 ep so far, plus whatever Grim wants to toss in (up to 5ep)

Interceptors HQ: [14/28ep]

Size: Large; Toughness: 10; Features: Combat Simulator, Communications, Computer, Concealed, Defense System, Fire Prevention, Garage, Gym, Living Space, Power System, Security System

Defense System: Snare 10

To answer your question, we are all planning on moving in full time, I think.

Well Grim only earned 1 PP last month, and I think she's supposed to have a 1 EP team comlink, so I guess that leaves 4 EP to put towards the HQ. I think we said cellphones are pretty much free if they don't shoot tear gas or anything, right? If so, Grim's still rockin' her pay-as-you go phone for personal use, though she has all kinds of interesting folks on speed dial ;)

I think it's been ruled that team commlinks are actually going to be free for us since we have some kind of backing.

and cell phones are free as long as your not struggling through life, I think.

So you can actually supply up to 5ep if you want :)

WM and I were thinking about getting a jet plane or something for mass transport. What do you guys think about that?

I think it's been ruled that team commlinks are actually going to be free for us since we have some kind of backing.

and cell phones are free as long as your not struggling through life, I think.

So you can actually supply up to 5ep if you want :)

Ooh, Grim actually is Struggling, so I guess her cell would cost 1 EP (never paid for it before :oops:). The other 4 are all for the HQ, though.

WM and I were thinking about getting a jet plane or something for mass transport. What do you guys think about that?

Can we call it something cool like the Interceptor XM-1?

So this team is gonna be full-on X-Men? Cool! Will Grim be able to juggle her workaday bike messenger job with crimefighting? Stay tuned!

I'll have to change out my cowboy hat for a black one! :shock:

Since we're getting paid for this gig, Grim might be able to drop her struggling complication ;)

If not, it sounds like we can have 3ep from grim, putting us up to 31, and 17 points to spend.

If we can't make a decent jet with 17 ep, I will be deeply distressed.

So Doc, Now that your in charge, and everyone seems to be on board, when / how do we start this up? What is the next step going to be?

Well, you said at one point you were hoping to start this weekend, so I think we can do that. Even if we don't have everything exactly hashed out by then, it can be fleshed out then.

As for when In-Game, mid-October sounds good for the first meeting.

Now, as for how/why you're together....

Doc's enjoyed working with others, and was still enjoying being on the Knights of Freedom when it imploded under him. He knows there's much he cannot do, knows there are others out there whose skills & abilities would compliment his, he just needed to find them.

Since taking over Darts, Inc and converting it into ArcheTech Laboratories, he has more money (though just how much his personal wealth has grown he keeps carefully hidden; easier to get more funding from others if they think you need their money... and easier to fund secret projects if the resources for it are a secret.)

So now he has the resources, but not the personnel.

Doc knows Grimalkin and Velocity, from prior dealings. His personal experiences with them, plus what info he's gathered, tell him they're good people to work with. (And incredibly attractive, which is a bonus ;) ) Velocity's prominent status in FC would make her a beacon of sorts for the team.

Doc knows of Colt from his monitoring of transdimensional activity, and through their mutual associate Ace Danger. Danger could vouch for Colt, and Doc could make working on his team worth his time. Colt gets resources and a place to hang his hat at night (and purty women to hang associate with); Docs gets a chance to study otherdimensional tech and learn about an otherdimensional culture.

Doc would know of All-Star from Daedalus and the Freedom League, and from his parents (who work at ArcheTech's friendly rival, ASTRO Labs). Doc could help the man learn to better use his powers, and to think before blasting/punching; All-Star gets a chance to work with other heroes, like Velocity.

Doc could know of Jack of Blades by simply picking up a paper or listening to news reports about the West End. Jack's high spirits & status as a semi-established hero would be boons to the team; Jack would surely not turn down a chance for honest pay, or for help in determining the nature of his powers.

Which brings us to Blink and Razorwing....

Blink could pop onto Doc's radar due to her teleportation abilities, and when he finds she has a criminal record, he offers a deal: work for him, on the side of the law, where he can give her something closer to the structured lifestyle she'd once had, and he could guarantee her she'd never want for an adrenaline rush. And steady pay.

Razorwing came to Doc's notice when he tried to steal from a Darts lab as the company was in transition. In the end they talk, and Doc offers a place for Razorwing to lay low from his (many) enemies, and a chance for honest & socially beneficial pay.... though it may call for a costume and name change.

Now, he's got his candidates, but he realizes something: he would better serve the team as a mentor and supporter, not a co-teammate. He can provide technical support, intel, medical assistance, access to certain people and places, and so on. He'd be a secret (to the public) mentor; despite all the good he's done, there are still those who would be severely concerned about a Mad German Scientist assembling his own group of Metahumans, so he'll let the public think they're either funding themselves or have some secret backer.

Doc approaches them individually, disguised (except for Heritage and Velocity, he comes to them as-is), and calls them all to meet at the HQ he sets up for them*, where they can meet each other for the first time. It's there Doc reveals himself to all, and tells them what he had in mind: a new team of heroes to focus on the numerous criminal and supercriminal elements in Freedom City, which the Freedom League has been a tad lax in due to their increased focus on global affairs. He'll give advice and support, and the occasional mission, but for the most part they'll be free to decide the hows/whats/whens/wheres of their activities. He suggests the same Archangels, but is quickly voted down.

In terms of what team they're like, I'm thinking more like DC's Outsiders (though only some of the folks on this team are "outsiders" in terms of "would not fit in well with the Freedom League"). He's hoping the ones who would fit in well with the FL would be able to temper the others.

(Of course, Archeville's Dark Side has its own reasons for assembling them... :twisted: )

* You all are still paying for it in equipment points; "he set it up for you" is the in-game reason y'all have it.

How's that sound?

Well, theoretically, Doc A met Jack during the 'Days of High Adventure' storyline, though that's fallen a bit by the wayside. Either way, this sounds like a plan!

The HQ we were discussing is pretty much a brownstone house on top of secret, underground facilities. Oh, and the core rulebook has a private jet that's conveniently exactly 17ep, but that's without any kind of added features. If the mission statement is to focus on Freedom City itself, does a jet really make sense?