New Young Adult Super Hero Team!

quotemyname

A common room would be nice. At least to have a place to hang out in, rather than just a set of rooms possibly with their own facilities.

And I was actually even thinking of upgrading the size of the base. Because A] I wasn't sure how much living space we would need for 7 main characters plus the possibility of personnel. and B] that was we COULD have an above ground mansion (or group of buildings) and still play to the tip of the iceberg scenario.

I'm just now sure how necessary a _huge_ base is. Though it could help explain why our team vehicle spouts out of the ground nearly a mile away, etc.

Adding these features would cut into our 17 points were were going to spend on a jet, but I was just thinking about that. Colt has a flying bike, RW has a motorcycle, All-Star can fly, Blink can teleport, and Velocity can run super fast. Grim is the only one on our team without a phenomenal way to get around town. Maybe a Jet isn't necessary, maybe we just want to settle for a transport jeep or small tank of some sort (possibly as an AP of a really small single person short range jet for just Grim).

Or we could nix the vehicle altogether, and Grim could ride on the back of the Stellar Cycle. (Part of the reason why I made it large was so that it could have passengers) Though it might slow it down. I'll have to look into that >_>

Just some thoughts here. A penny for yours :)

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adding these features would cut into our 17 points were were going to spend on a jet, but I was just thinking about that. Colt has a flying bike, RW has a motorcycle, All-Star can fly, Blink can teleport, and Velocity can run super fast. Grim is the only one on our team without a phenomenal way to get around town. Maybe a Jet isn't necessary, maybe we just want to settle for a transport jeep or small tank of some sort (possibly as an AP of a really small single person short range jet for just Grim).

Or we could nix the vehicle altogether, and Grim could ride on the back of the Stellar Cycle. (Part of the reason why I made it large was so that it could have passengers) Though it might slow it down. I'll have to look into that >_>

Or a saddle for All-Star ;)

lol.

Blink's mechanic would work just fine. Just pop a few ranks of progression on your teleport and soon enough you can take a TEAM of people around with you :P

So I guess we're going to leave the details of the HQ to be flattened out at a later date. Since most of us won't have the points to spend on it until next month anyways :)

We can hash it out in chat and I'll make sure that any updates get put up here. I heard mention of a pool as well, so I'll toss that in somewhere ;)

TRUE! Sorry, that slipped my mind! (I thought I was missing someone >_>)

So we might just go with a IRV (Immediate Response Vehicle) Big enough for a few members of the team. Does Jack have Drive? Does Grim have Drive? Colt can drive quite well. (And has skill mastery for it.) So we can always make it like a three man truck or something, and I can drive us to wherever we're going.

My Bike has remote control, so I can have it follow us there, or whatever :P

Not so much with the Drive; Jack had (appropriately enough) Jack-of-all-Trades and Dex 20, so he can Drive at +5, which is enough to get around but not do anything fancy with any reliability. It seems silly for Colt not to ride his own vehicle, especially when it's a Device and everything, but with all the other things on his shopping list it'll be a while before Jack can put any points into Drive himself. He could probably make due in the meantime; +5 is no +10 with Skill Mastery, but it's serviceable.

Next month I think I'm bringing back Grim's pixie form as an AP of Glamour; I was concerned it wouldn't fit Shaen's awesome new build for her stylistically (even though he thought it did), but now I'm like, screw it, I want her to fly again. So I'm just gonna say she brings that power back through force of will, at least as long as all the boys and girls in the theater believe in her :P

Alright, I'm just putting this out there: Jack is not getting carried. There's always one dude on the team who has to get carried around by his armpits by a flier, and he always looks like a complete twit. So... no. That said, he could hitch a ride on the back of one of the cycles if need be, or with Blink once her teleporting is upgraded.

It might make sense to have some kind of support vehicle anyway; you never know when you'll have cart out supplies or civilians or something.

Alright, I'm just putting this out there: Jack is not getting carried. There's always one dude on the team who has to get carried around by his armpits by a flier, and he always looks like a complete twit. So... no.

You're absolutley right, Gizmo; this reminds of a scene from Sky High where you see Kurt Russell being held aloft by his wife Jetstream, and it looks hysterical. For now, it sounds like have a few options to maintain Jack's dignity.

Yeah, I expect it'll take most of us a while to reconfigure into 'team mode'. Which, conveniently, works in character, too.

I figure four more points of Charisma for Jack, five for Inspire, probably a couple ranks of Luck to make it all worthwhile... Not happening overnight, but it's doable. It works out well; he's designed to dance around an opponent and wear them down without getting hit himself. If the team needs a one turn, Inspire-fueled Hail Mary pass, giving up his turn to do it seems like a good deal.

We were talking a bit about developing various teamwork abilities earlier; now that we've got a final roster, maybe we should revisit that. If we spread things around, we won't have to sacrifice as much of each character's personal development. Pumping Blink's teleportation to serve as transportation is a great example of balancing the two concerns.

Well I think I am going to aim to get TP up to where I can get you all to where you need to be. However, that might be some time.

All that takes is progression 4 on your TP (assuming we all weigh less than 200lbs.) But since we have a few girls on the team, I think thats more than a reasonable assumption.

So yea, for now lets just end the vehicle debate with the conclusion that we're going to get a support vehicle of some kind. Even if it's for only one character. We can easily make that big enough (and strong enough) to carry Colt's Stellar Cycle around in the back. (I'm thinking like a converted Army Transport Vehicle) And if we need the flexibility, Colt can remote control the Stellar Cycle back home, and we can load up a bunch of civilians or whatever. I'm fine with Colt driving. Part of the reason I got the Drive skill wasn't because I though I would NEED it. It was because I WANTED to use it, because frankly, we don't have enough crazy car chases on these boards ;)

So shopping lists:

Colt:

Gonna take him 9 points to hit caps next month, and he needs to spend a point on equipment for the base, so that's a total of 10pp that needs to be spent right away next month. It's quite convenient that I should be getting exactly that (with reasonable assumptions about posting speed, and whether or not my NPC gets approved. I'm also dropping a few feats I no longer need, since after playing Colt, I realize they're not really him, per se.

I may take Leadership for Colt eventually, (he has the Luck to support it) but that's for another day.

Jack:

This one seems simple, disregarding caps, the guy needs 9 points for Inspire 5, and Charisma 22. We'll say 10 total for another rank of luck just cuz. He's not spending anything anytime soon. +1pp for the HQ of course. This is going to take a while...

Let's face it. Those 10 points are going to be well spent. Inspire ENDS fights. Period.

RW:

Colt already has Setup, Fast Acrobatics, and enough skill ranks and mastery to hit DC 30 acrobatics checks. Nothing to wave a stick at. Colt already has Teamwork 3 as well. The only really heavy hitter we have is All-Star. Seems silly to have two people using teamwork for him. So that all doesn't need to be spent right away, but it's probably worth getting eventually, considering Colt won't be in every thread :)

Blink:

She wants progression 4 on her teleport. That'll take some time, but its not unmanageable, (especially IIRC she has some points stockpiled)

Velocity:

Also has a small fortune of pp stockpiled, and with this months installment, can probably afford just about any updates she needs for now.

All-Star:

1pp towards the HQ + ??? = Profit!

Grim:

1pp on Fairy form so she can fly. 1pp towards the HQ. = 2points No biggie here. Anything else teamwork-ey you want?

So in conclusion, Jack looks like he needs the most work. Not terrible, because he was designed as a lone wolf. It's to be expected he has a laundry list of things he needs to pick up. In my case, I just had a rediculous amount of points to throw around with colt, so... I did so!

If anyone has any comments, please list them. Because if not, I think we are ready to go!

*cough* Doc *cough*

For the sake of argument, with Set-Up, Distract, Fascinate and Taunt running off of a +19 Bluff, Jack should already be able to provide some support services, as the need arises. As an added bonus, improved Charisma for Inspire will pump that as well. Synergy!

Don't forget that Velocity can actually hit just as hard as All-Star should the need arise, at DC 27 each. Colt can match that too, up close, but obviously attacking from a distance gives him way more options, putting his raw damage in the same ballpark as Grim's claws, with Jack, 'Wing and Blink being the lightest touches. There are other considerations, like Blink's mad Grapple skills or Colt's ability to Affect Insubstantial, of course, but that the general hierarchy of smashiness.

As far as teleporting goes, don't forget about distance. Right now, 300 feet is the max. Even without the Short-Range flaw, Teleport 3 can only make 1000 feet on the Extended Range Table. With Progression 2, Blink can already transport 500 lbs, which is enough for any three of us other than All-Star, so it probably makes sense to focus of range first. Buying off Short-Range would be 3 points, with each new rank being another 3 after that. That's 9 point to get to 5 miles, for example. In the mean time, I guess we could just make multiple jumps to get where we're going.

I'm going to revisit the HQ and the possibility of stacking a vehicle on there. I'll post up the new stats for it here once I've had the chance to tackle that project. Should be done before the day's end.

So we all have our respective shopping lists. Great. We're getting a truck to tide us through the rocky start for team transport. Awesome.

Interceptors, GO!

Here's what I have for our HQ and transport so far:

Summary of donated equipment points:

Colt (4ep)

All-Star (5ep)

RW (5ep)

Jack (4ep)

Velocity (5ep)

Grim (4ep) [[5ep if she drops her “Struggling†complication

Blink (5ep)

For now we will assume that Grim spends 4ep.

Total Equipment Points: 32

Interceptors HQ: [19ep]

Size: Large

Toughness: 10

Features: Combat Simulator, Communications, Computer, Concealed 2, Defense System, Fire Prevention, Garage, Gym, Living Space, Holding Cells, Infirmiry, Power, Power System, Security System 2

Defense System 1: Snare 10

Power: ???

Now for the tansport, I came up with something manageable for 13ep. It would fill our budget, but it doesn't fly. It does however have plenty of space to carry around plenty of passengers if we need to transport civilians or something. (Might come in handy in that city-wide thread coming up)

OR

We can just buy the helicopter listed in the core book (Don't worry, Colt is just as good of a pilot as he is of a driver). The helicopter only costs 12ep, but we would need to add a hangar to the HQ for the extra ep anyway so we had some way of supporting it.

Here's my version:

Interceptor's Light Transport Vehicle: [13ep]

Size: Huge [2ep]

Strength: 35 [1ep]

Speed: 5 [5ep]

Toughness: 10 [1ep]

Defense: 8 [0ep]

Features: 4 [4ep]

Features: Alarm, Caltrops, Remote Control, Smokescreen

I kinda like the ground vehicle. Sooner or later we're going to want to load it up with explosives and remotely pilot it into something. You know it'll happen. The added Defense and Toughness are nice, too. I wonder about the caltrops; how often are we going to be driving away from somebody?

Mostly I'm just surprised the name's not an acronym, quote!