The Trial of Captain Knievel! [OOC]

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok move to the front and distract Malice Skill mastery renders a 32 Bluff.

For expediancy I'm willing to roll with Malice buying Aces bluff and escaping so we can end this quicker (since Malice has an urgent date with a boom in three days ;))

Otherwise I'll Surge to add a taunt effect DC 32 to the statement.

It's a good plan durf, with one exception: Malice is currently blinded.

If he did take off, it would most likely be into a wall, and he cannot see the jet stream off in the sky.

Malice cannot beat either of those two rolls.

So for the time being he's dazed, though in all likely hood will be taking off very soon, one way or another.

You can't interfere with an action that didn't take place on your round. :| You certainly can attack him, though. Obviously if you shoot him and knock him unconscious, Bluff attempts on subsequent rounds will be somewhat impaired. (Sorry, durf, while it doesn't actually say so in the rules, I think you can agree that being unconscious will probably impede your Bluff check a bit. I try to be tough but fair here.)

Ok keeping 1 point in Evasion. 1 point for Acrobatic bluff. 2 for Acrobatics for +16 modifier. 1 point all out Attack.

Will attempt to feint with Acrobatics.

1d20+16=29

If successful will use Power Attack and All out Attack together BAB is the smae but DEF is now +5

1d20+10=17

Well that isn't very good but if he is flat footed it works.

Damge DC is 25 if it hits which will only happen if you are flat footed. If so then it could get much worse :P .

EDIT

Going for lethal damage here.

Let me see here. Your flatfotted Def is +3. I hit you with a +10 Autofire2 attack. I exceeded your DEF by +10 meaning I do an extra +10 worth of damge so the Damage DC is is 35 and it is lethal.

So right now you would be dying.

If you HP out of that then you are still disabled and stunned.

Wrong.

Autofire 1: +1 damage for every 2 points over Defense, to a maximum of 1/2 your base damage or +5 (whichever is lower). So Blast 10 (Autofire) could get up to +5 damage, from an attack roll 10 points higher than the victim's Defense.

Autofire 2: EITHER you get +1 damage for every 1 point over Defense instead of +1 for every 2 points over, OR you raise the maximum possible bonus damage from 1/2 your base damage to your full base damage. Or +10. Whichever is lower. So Blast 10 (Autofire 2) could EITHER get up to +10 damage, from an attack roll 20 points higher than the victim's Defense, OR could get up to +5 damage, from an attack roll 5 points higher than the victim's Defense.

Autofire 3: You get everything. Blast 10 (Autofire 3) can get up to +10 bonus damage, from an attack roll 10 points higher than the victim's Defense.

No matter which version of Autofire 2 Ronin has, his attack doesn't get more than +5 damage from that roll.

And Power Attack does not have any effect on the possible bonus damage from Autofire. The bonus damage from Power Attack is totally separate.

Also keep in mind that Autofire doesn't apply to overcoming Impervious and doesn't increase your Knockback score. Steve Kenson has also said that bonus damage from Power Attack and critical hits shouldn't increase Knockback, either.

stat analysis:

Ace's DEF was 13 when you hit him because he was flat footed

You rolled a 17 on the attack.

You beat his Def by 4.

Either you take the Autofire 2 that gives +1 damage per point above DEF. (which would result in your DC being 15 + (blast rank) 5 + (autofire bonus) 4 + (power attack) 5 = 15+5+5+4 = 29.

or

You take the autofire 2 version that gives +1 damager per two points above DEF, but has a higher damage cap. (DC result = 15 + (rank) 5 + (autofire) 2 + (power attack) 5 = 15+5+5+2 = 27

Since you did not specifically state which you were using then we should default to the first option, simply because it is the first option. This means the DC is 29. Does anyone want to disagree? Ronin, you should state which autofire you are using next time, please.

Yea, I didn't know it was that specific either. But I trust StB. So I just did the analysis based on what he said. *goes to read Autofire*

Edit: I am taking the following passage right from UP:

Applying this extra a second time reduces the Autofire interval

(the amount your attack roll needs to exceed the target’s Defense)

to 1 instead of 2. Another application of the extra can also increase

the maximum saving throw DC bonus to +10, or the attack’s normal

save DC modifier, whichever is less. The bonus granted by Autofire

does not count against power level limits.

This paragraph makes it SOUND like autofire 2 is ALWAYS +1 per point of accuracy greater than defense (still limited to +5 bonus, or half your power's rank). And it sounds like purchasing autofire 3 is the only thing that will allow you to reach a +10 bonus (+1 per point of accuracy greater than defense)

Also I made an error in my calculations earlier.

the first option's DC should be lower:

15 + (rank) 5 + (power attack) 5 + (autofire +1/2; bound to +5 or 1/2 of power rank whichever is lower) 2 = 15+5+5+2 = 27 So both options work out to the same DC. In this calculation I remembered to include the restriction on the autofire bonus. I also rounded down for the 1/2 rank value (so it becomes 2)

the 10 over thing was a separate issue. that was just a miscalculation by WM, I believe.

This should be the proper math for the attack's DC:

15 + (rank) 5 + (power attack) 5 + (autofire +1/2; bound to +5 or 1/2 of power rank whichever is lower) 2 = 15+5+5+2 = 27 So both options work out to the same DC. In this calculation I remembered to include the restriction on the autofire bonus. I also rounded down for the 1/2 rank value (so it becomes 2)

Therefore you still fail by 7, which results in being Injured and Stunned because he did state that he is doing lethal.