Welcome to the modern world (OOC)

Maze

Don't mind me.. just going through a few threads and noting in em this is a point where a whole mess of cops and SWAT would be showing up, fight's been going on long enough and been flashy enough. I'm happy to run them if you wouldn't all feel comfortable factoring that in yourselves. For the moment let's just say you all hear a very loud cacophony of many incoming police sirens.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given the way the entire encounter started and that there's been news broadcasts and so forth, I'm not seeing it, there'd have been more police en route as is.

So.. as I said: For the moment let's just say you all hear a very loud cacophony of many incoming police sirens.

Particularly for the way the thread started and the events before init happened and general time for em.. yeah, the police are necessary. It's a thing of public brawlery. Cops will eventually show up, and there was enough time for this one for news networks to pick it up and get it on the air. It's maintaining a sense of being in a setting.

Right now it's the sirens that herald them, just so incorporate.

New Initiative and status:

Je'La - Init 24 Bruised x1

Spartan - Init 23 Bruised x1

Malice - Init 15 VP x1

Knieval - Init 14 - Bruised x1, 1 VP Staggered

Arrowhawk - Init 13 - Unconcious -

Police - Init ? -

Since Spartan already posted an action a while ago we will jump right to Malice.

MarkK - Can you repost this with info about the police please?

Police will enter the fray in ? rounds.

CapK Notice check to see how far away the police are

New Initiative and status:

Je'La - Init 24 Bruised x1

Spartan - Init 23 Bruised x1 (subject to DC 30 toughness)

Malice - Init 15 VP x1 DEF 13

Knieval - Init 14 - Bruised x1, 1 VP Staggered

Arrowhawk - Init 13 - Unconcious -

Police - Init ? -

I will wait for Spartan's toughness roll before I make my action to see if it is even necessary.

I realized something a little while ago.

I got this black and white view on things here in Freedom City. I feel this obligation that the good guys are the ones who win the fights. And as I see this fight go bad for me and Arrow, I get moody. I get the feeling that this will become more than just a scenario, not to mention a standing rivalry between the Spartan and Knievel.

And I'm out.

Well, aren't I the popular one. Calm down ladies, there is plenty of Knievel to go around, if you know what I mean. :P

Making my IC post now. Since spartan is now down for the count, I will assume that we are going to drop out of initiative order, unless Je'La has something to say about it.

Time to make this as humiliating as possible for you :P

Sorry, Ecal, I know its kind of a low-blow, but I couldn't resist :P No reason this arch-nemesis thing can't be fun! ;)

Maze, I wanted to run this by you before doing it.

I was thinking of power stunting off of Malice's Communication power to get the following:

Communication 3 (Languages) Flaw: Check Required (Concentration)

Which will essentially allow him to analyze your speech patterns, understand your language, and then communicate back with you. Now as you made Je'La a hero, and Malice being a villain, I wanted to make sure you were alright with this because it could mess you up for potential later encounters if the first person you meet and understand is a villain.

I'm not here to force you into anything, just letting you know of the options on the table. Go whichever way you prefer. If you say no, then Malice will simply not have thought of the idea and/or the technology didn't work.

Been busy with the long weekend like a few others, sorry.. honestly they'd be rolling up about now if you took the time to mess around with prone bodies and write on dumpsters. I'd have otherwise brought them in on the init pass after Spartan went flying.

If you want to deal with the police and SWAT, I'm fine with running them, if you want to avoid the encounter, it's an easy fix to just say the lot of you relocated after Spartan went flying.

To be completely honest... We will probably just end up taking off. I doubt Malice will want to deal with the SWAT team... after all, they ARE fine upstanding non-mutant members of freedom. :P

Characters might not /want/ to deal with them, but in Freedom they have stuff that can make them pesky and difficult to just roll on away from. It's the point behind the theme "factor in the cops some". Like I say, if you guys want to amend posts to "and then we hightailed it" after turning Spartan to a baseball as opposed to hanging around, sure. Otherwise, police encounter.

Which will essentially allow him to analyze your speech patterns, understand your language, and then communicate back with you. Now as you made Je'La a hero, and Malice being a villain, I wanted to make sure you were alright with this because it could mess you up for potential later encounters if the first person you meet and understand is a villain.

I have no problem with using this, all things considered, since there probably not going to come right out and say "hi, were the bad guys". Plus, this will be a good way for Je'La to learn some english. It's only after she gets her bearings on earth that she'll figure out who's good and who's bad.

• 2 weeks later...