Triple Murder in Riderside, Rebooted [OOC]

Dr Archeville

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In regards to "if A + B then C, but if A but not B then D, but if B but not A then E, but if neither A nor B then F" type things... my advice would be to just keep such plans to yourself until you actually know what the results of your initial actions are (i.e, I have time to respond). Otherwise you'll be making long posts of things that either can't or won't happen, which tends just to clutter things and confuse folks as to what you're truly doing. ;)

As I've already learned, the same way superheroes learn everything: The Hard Way.

Slamdance rolled a 12 which does not beat Scarab's diversion.

He volunterily fails the fails the mind probe.

You guys ran a little ahead of me last night, so I'm going to jump right in from there.

Edit: Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but the both of you are inside the house while I'm outside.

Is that correct?

I was under the impression that both Avenger & Sccarab are in the house, but Slamdance is outside. Since at no time has Razorback posted that he's entered the house.

Specifically:

* Avenger's in the living room (he did not fly in through an open window as the only open window in the entire place is the one Scarab opened on the 2nd floor, but there is the fireplace he could come out of by flying down through the chimney),

* Scarab just came down the stairs (so is in the "Eating" nook, as Shaen has not mentioned she's moved to another room), and

* Slamdance is outside checking the windows at the "Eating" nook.

My bad. For some reason, I assumed Slamdance was already inside. Reading back over the thread, I can see I was mistaken.

I don't have any strong preference for Scarab's current location. Anywhere that reconciles the events and dialogue thus far is fine by me.

Yes. Scarab opened the window for Slamdance...WITH HER MIND!!! It was very spoooky.

OK, since Slamdance voluntarily failed his Will Save, I assume the answer I got for the first probe question was "No, he doesn't know who killed the Dicksons." I'll take one more Full Action to probe him.

Question 2: Do you intend to aid or undermine our investigation?

Again, I assume the answer is "Aid." At that point, I'll cut off the mental link, switch to Telekinesis, let him in, and follow Avenger into the other room.

He did indeed. Check the IC thread for details.

(The DC was 10. It was effectively a rank 0 Nauseate vs. Slamdance, since he had personal ties to one of the victims.)

Also, I've added some time & weather data to the first post in the IC thread. I'll repeat it here:

The family was slain either very late the night of Sept 13th 2008 or very early the morning of Sept 14th 2008. The paper reporting the story came out on the 14th. The 13th had seen some thunderstorms (and a full moon), but the 14th has just been hot (high of 97, low of 72) and muggy.

You can still act when sickened, you just have some penalties.

And besides, it's not like there's anyone else around, aside from you three. Unless one of you flips you and starts attacking the other two, or you do something that'll take more than a few minutes, we don't need to keep a round-by-round track of things.

And besides, it's not like there's anyone else around, aside from you three. Unless one of you flips you and starts attacking the other two, or you do something that'll take more than a few minutes, we don't need to keep a round-by-round track of things.

I figured. That's why I started playing fast-&-loose with my more recent posts.

By the by, during the work week you're probably going to only see me post from about 7am-5pm PST. Just an FYI.

Thanks for the update. My schedule is somewhat chaotic of late, so I am ill-equipped to make similar commitments.

I assume by "the work week," you mean Monday thru Friday?

^^ Yup. Bad habits in making assumptions.

Anyways, Slamdance move so he can keep an eye on Avenger and out the front door, so there aren't any other interlopers. :D

Without to much posturing, he preps a move action to move between Avenger and Scarab if Avenger makes an aggressive action towards Scarab.