(IC) Study Group: Dragon's Hoard

Rot

"So I guess, like, we should call, like, the super villain police to come take Eclipse and FX into custody or something? Cause they're like, hardened recidivist junior super villains poised to once again threaten, you know, our fair city. And . . .  currently unconscious." Consuelo looks around for confirmation. 

"Pretty lucky Eclipse was too dumb to steal, uh, Spaceman' powers, or she could have, like, put us all into the Sun or something. You're kind of like, really dangerous in the wrong hands, eh Spaceman?" And Consuelo bounces her eyebrows at Parker. 

She looks at the Umbral Star again. "So I guess this thing is, like, still powering the Starblights, cause their little symbols are greyed out. But . . . Is that enough reason to, like, keep it around? I don't really know how I know this, but, I have this feeling like being linked to Eclipse and FX was what was causing the split gem to make that, uh, portal to like, unspeakable evil. Now that they aren't linked anymore, maybe it would be safe for me to like, disable it permanently, maybe even disintegrate it all the way? To be honest, I'm not seeing many down sides to that at the moment.  . . . "

Torpedo Lass II

"I'd consider that crystal a biohazard..." She said. "We need to get some... well adults who know how to handle 'the one ring' without getting tainted by it. As for Paradox if he was going to show, he would have showed by now. Thing is that crystal repairing itself closed that portal. I think destroying that thing... is a bad idea. Like... opening Pandora's box bad."

She started to get her wits about her at this point. "Not sure how good cell service is here... but we might have to call in to Claremont and have them put out feelers for capes who could safely deal with this."

"And probably get chewed out for doing hero stuff off campus... but at this point I wager they'd know we're gonna do it anyways, we are sorta stuck in..."

Edited by The Sailor

La Puma Negra

La Puma Negra watched as Rot used her powers to contain the rift that was slowly being created by the orb, seeing as the energies coalesced together once more to come back into it. It seemed like the threat of whatever was being summoned was defeated before it could have gone enough and done serious damage to both the world and reality itself. One could breathe easy now, calming the nerves after such an intense and dangerous fight as it was. Puma herself would keep towards Eclipse, not letting her guard down in case she somehow woke up and tried to escape. Not that Puma actually believed it but the last thing she needed was for them to be attacked from behind.

"Embuste?" she says, "Lie about it. Split with the orb and leave the crazy girl tied up for the authorities. I could probably see about Patriot getting a hold of this for the Freedom League, keep things all hushed up?"

Puma didn't seem too phased, "You destroy that Rot and you might let whatever was trying to break from it out into our world."

Spaceman

"She'll be out for a while after a hit like that," Parker responds to Consuelo's question about Eclipse's state, now that he is holding her over his shoulder, while nodding in acknowledgement to Mizuki.

He doens't respond to Consuelo's statement about him being dangerous, but forces a tight smile and a knowing look instead. Maybe now she realizes why he kept holding back at the training exercise a few months ago? If not, it doesn't matter. He thinks that he has started to prove what he can do.

"I'm Puma and Torpedo Lass," he states calmly, looking at Consuelo for a moment before looking back at the orb. "We don't know what will happen if you destroy it. It didn't really look good before, right? And besides, we did promise Orion that we would try to help the Starblights get better. I think that destroying the orb, even if it doesn't have any negative effects, would only drive the Starblights to be worse." He pauses for a moment. He tries to reach out to the orb, reduce its distance to them, to move it without touching it. Can he do that?

Once he has confirmation one way or the other, he grins.

"Anyway, you're all missing the easy way to deal with this: We can just ask Timeout to call his mom. She can probably put in a good word so we won't get into trouble and get someone to deal with the orb. But how about we try and get it out to the others?" 

And besides, as far as he knows, it's a time honored tradition for students to do heroics when they're not supposed to.