• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I'm working towards wrapping this thread up so let's try to get a few more posts in but work towards finishing this up.

I intend to run some stuff dealing with Sola specifically a little later this year but I am gonna need a break before doing something like that XD

plus someone like that deserves appropriate build up.

Hey, can I spend a hero point to make it so that we didn't take the gem out of the theater, since that was GM fiat anyway? That way, we could just keep it there, where it's hidden, and like post guard until we come up with a better idea. 

No, for a few reasons, but I also don't understand why you would want to.

I don't think there's been any negative consequences of taking the gem out of the theater; even Kitty is agreeing it'd be better if someone else who actually knew magic was watching over it. Leaving it in the theater would be the worse choice, so if anything I'd think Hero Pointing for fiat would be retroactively saying you brought it with you.

By the actual mechanics though; Rot doesn't have any HP left, and I didn't really fiat the removal of the gem. Me and RL had talked about it before hand that he wanted to pick it up and move it, so I didn't really fiat it coming with you. Plus I don't think you can use HP to fiat or retcon the actions of other PCs; you can give them a HP to let them do it with Luck Control but I think once you get to HPing to retcon another PC's action that's coming coose to controlling their character for them.

Are you uncomfortable or unsatisfied with the resolution of this part of the storyline?

Lol, no. I was just trying to help you out. If you wanted to do a follow on starbright spin off, you could just keep the gem in the theater, if that protects it from being found by Sola. By no means the only way to have it protected, but since no other ideas were even popping up, it seemed like an easy choice. But it sounds like you have other plans brewing.