Alright, FX and Cyglibra's turns after avoiding the attack from Lawrence.

FX isn going to launch an AOE attack centered on him, which will clip all three of the teen heroes.

AOE Attack: 1d20+12: 21 [1d20=9]

If he has to roll for missing Lawrence let me know, but as I understand it AOEs do not? This has a DC 18 Toughness to save against if it hits, or if you have Impervious 3 or more you're safe. Michael has 5, so he's unharmed. Then he's going to run off down the road at Speed 6

Then Cyglibra is going to attack Baz solo, which Michael will Interpose.

Attack Roll: 1d20+12: 14

Miss on that too; Baz's turn, and roll the toughness if you need to.

Miiss chance: 1d20: 15

Misses Lawrence due to evasion.

Edited by Poncho
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alrighty!

First: We mentioned hte Nauseate Aura on Buzz, so here's a Fort roll from FX to resist it from him punching you.

Fortitude 1d20+5: 25 [1d20=20] turns out he's fine.

Next is their Reflexes.

Scorip-Taurus Reflex: 1d20+5: 23 [1d20=18]

Scorpi-Tarusu Fortitude: 1d20+12: 15 [1d20=3]

It almost got hit despite the Reflex save, which is hilarious; somehow a stunned thing made a reflex save which as always is a little weird.

Cyg-Libra Reflex: 1d20+8: 13 [1d20=5]

Cyg-Libra Fortitude: 1d20+6: 10 [1d20=4] BIG HIT!

That's a Daze and a Bruise on Cyg-Libra!

That brings up Michael's Turn. He's going to keep smacking the Bull, since if other people can't hit the Cygnus he definitely can't. He's also still interposing for Baz.

Attack on Scorpitaurus: 1d20+7: 13 [1d20=6] barely squeaks out a hit, DC 24

Scorpi-Taurus Toughness: 1d20+11: 30 [1d20=19] He basically bounces off.

Scropi-Taurus Will Save: 1d20+6: 17 [1d20=11] The beast is still stunned though.

Back to Timeout!

Timeout: 2HP

FX: 29

Cyglibra: 25, Dazed, 1x Bruise

Gamma Buzz: 21, 2HP, 2x Bruise

Golden Star: 16, 2HP

Scorpitarus: 11, Stunned, Dazed, 1x Bruise

ok let's see

so only FX takes a turn since Cyglibra is dazed.

Well he'll break out his secret here and AP away his Aries container to embody another star; Fornax, the Chemical Furnace.

Then he's dropping a meteor on the group from a distance; REFLEX SAVE DC 18,to avoid/lower damage. that's DC23 Toughness if you fail to save, DC19 Toughness if you do.

I'm not sure how this applies to Bazz being prone. Let me know since I assume you know.

Golden Star Reflex to Avoid: 1d20+6: 9

Michael gets hit for the full thing.

Toughness Save: 1d20+9: 20 [1d20=11]

He gets a Bruise.

Bazz's Turn.

EDIT; Forgot to roll for the monsters getting the meteor dropped on them.

Scoripo-Taurus Reflex: 1d20+5: 9 [1d20=4]

Scoripo-Taurus Toughness: 1d20+11: 31 [1d20=20] super safe.

Cygnus-Libra Reflex: 1d20+8: 23 [1d20=15]

Cygnus-Libra Toughness: 1d20+5: 9 [1d20=4] He staggered his own ally.

Cyglibra: 25, Staggered, 1x Bruise

Gamma Buzz: 21, 2HP

Golden Star: 16, 2HP, 1x Bruise.

Scorpitarus: 11, Stunned, Dazed, 1x Bruise

Edited by Poncho

So Baz is good at reflexes!

25, and with evasion 2 that makes him able to avoid the entirity of the effect. 

On his turn his going to fire GAMMA VISION (Blast 8 ) at michael

10 which surely misses

And then flip his radioactive array to his nauseate 5 / aura power. 

I can't believe Baz has turned traitor...

Michael is gonna swing at the Bull again because it's the one he has the most chance of actually hitting.

Attack roll: 1d20+5: 20

Toughness Save: 1d20+11: 31

Jeez, another natural 20.

Time for it's saves, which is stun and daze, stun at +2 and daze at +0, both on will against DC 20.

Will against Stun: 1d20+8: 18 still stunned.

Will versus Daze: 1d20+6: 18 still dazed.

Back to Lawrence

okay I had to converse with Thev about something here.

So the powers were backwards again. The bull isn't Stunned, it's Paralyzed and Helpless. This means Michael would have Coup De Grace'd it instead of just hitting it. While the nat 20 save would have protected it from damage it still has to make a DC 26 Fort Save or get KO'd- base damage is +9, +2 from the attack/damage tradeoff he made on the attack, and the crit is +5; so 10 + 16 for 26.

Fortitude to avoid KO: 1d20+12: 14

Well with a natural 2 it would have been KO'd on just about any attack (15 + 9 + 2 + 5 = 31), so Michael takes out the Bull. Then it will actually be Lawrence's turn. I need to do some edits and a GM post but after that Lawrence can go

Alright!

That brings up FX's turn, and considering so far the only success he's had is with dropping meteors he's going to drop another one.

That is, as before, REFLEX DC 18, then DC19 TOUGHNESS if you fail the save since you both have Evasion 2. Michael has to save against DC23 if he fails though.

Reflex: 1d20+6: 19 [1d20=13] this time he only has to make DC19.

Toughness 1d20+8: 12 [1d20=4] bleh. I'll HP that.

Toughness: 1d20+8: 13 [1d20=5] so it's a 15 instead, for 23, which is a pass

And then the Cyglibra goes, and since this isn't really working for her, she's going to instead create an Obscure effect centered on herself, giving everyone in the area total visual concealment. It's independent, so it will decay slowly but she doesn't have to maintain it.

Then it will be Buzz's turn, if he wants to ready a punch for when he gets thrown to FX, he can.

EDIT: WAIT, nope I messed up again. Cyglibra has to save against the meteor drop before her turn.

1d20+8: 9 [1d20=1] full Toughness save required.

1d20+5: 18 [1d20=13] failed by 5 dazes and bruises it, so it does not actually get to do it's turn. Ignore all previous statements about Obscure.

Cyglibra: 25, Staggered, 2x Bruise

Golden Star: 16, 1HP, 1x Bruise.

Edited by Poncho

Okay then! 

Michael will do an Aid Action to help Baz!

Aid Roll: 1d20+7: 16

So Michael Successfuly Aids Baz, adding +2 onto his attack roll. The toss can also work as a Charge if Baz wants, adding another +2 to his attack in exchange for -2 defense, but you can ignore that also if you want.

Then FX has to roll against the Nauueseate Aura as Baz gets close to him/hits him.

Fortitude: 1d20+5: 11 he fails by 4, suffering -2 on all attacks and checks (including saves I assume).

Then Baz gets to punch him!

Nauseate "Checks" has always been somewhat unclear (perhaps something for the Refteam to nail down) - skills, opposed powers presumably yes. Saves, and the checks for things like all out movement and suffocation, not so clear. 

Anyway. 

Lets go for a charge!

If that hits, its a DC 23 Tough. 

Well, looking at the various conditions listed on pages 170-171 of the core book, they distinguish between when something effects attack rolls, saving throws and "checks" (which I believe is for skill checks)

For example: Shaken gives a -2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws and checks.

While Sickened (which is what I think FX is) give a -2 penalty only on attack rolls and checks.

Alrighty! Let's see.

Toughness Save: 1d20+8: 10 [1d20=2]

He is staggered and Dazed and he is going flying AGAIN, and hits a wall for DC 19 (4 + 15)

Toughness Save 1d20+8: 11 [1d20=3]

So he's also Bruised and Dazed.

FX: 29, Staggered, 1x Bruise, Daze

Cyglibra: 25, Staggered, 2x Bruise

Lawrence's turn

Edited by Poncho

Will Save 1d20+8: 18 [1d20=10]

That's a -1 Penalty to Attacks, Defense, and Saves, but they're already staggered so the other thing doesn't matter.

on their turn, they're going to attack Michael

Attack Roll 1d20+11: 20 [1d20=9] which hits.

Toughness Save 1d20+8: 22 [1d20=14] but Michael barely saves. FX is Dazed so he can't move, so it'll be Baz's turn, but first Lawrence makes their post, then I'll make a GM post to reflect what's happening in Dragon's Hoard.

FX: 29, Staggered, 1x Bruise

Cyglibra: 25, Staggered, 2x Bruise, -1 to Attacks, Defenses, and Reflex Saves

that is a successful Bluff, and thus a successful hit!

Will Save: 1d20+5: 11 [1d20=6}

Toughness Save: 1d20+6: 17 [1d20=11] Bruise and Dazed!

Fortitude: 1d20+5: 19 [1d20=14] He is not further sickened, but he isn't rid of the one from the last time either.

So I'll take Michael's turn. And he's going to All-Out Accurate Attack on the Cyglibra to try and get a hit on it, so he's swinging at +11 to attack (7 + 4) with +7 to the damage (9-2)

Attack Roll: 1d20+11: 30 [1d20=19] well, don't I look silly. DC 22.

Toughness Save: 1d20+4: 13 [1d20=9] a Daze and a Bruise. So neither is getting a turn again!

As soon as one more falls we'll end the encounter since this is basically wrapped up.

It is now Lawrence's turn.

FX: 29, Staggered, Dazed 2x Bruise

Cyglibra: 25, Staggered, Dazed, 3x Bruise, -1 to Attacks, Defenses, and Reflex Saves