Character Edits:

Thevshi

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updated Grimalkin's character sheet. It's a matter of descriptors for the Protection, but it is always there, so you offer a little more resistance to things like needles than you otherwise would. It doesn't really have a game effect since it's not Impervious, but it's a good thing to describe if it comes up.

Updated Grimalkin's character sheet. It's a matter of descriptors for the Protection, but it is always there, so you offer a little more resistance to things like needles than you otherwise would. It doesn't really have a game effect since it's not Impervious, but it's a good thing to describe if it comes up.

Ok, so not breaking them like Superman, but a bit more effort to push them in to draw blood and the like.

Ok, so not breaking them like Superman, but a bit more effort to push them in to draw blood and the like.

2) I'd like more explanation as to why her Luck is going up. Per the character creation guidelines, Luck has a higher bar for justification. It's very powerful for a single Power Point, because it can be used for so many purposes.

It has a bit higher bar, but is not restricted outright. I feel, that as a PL 12 heroine, Velocity should have a bit more luck than the average hero. She has used hero points a number of times in threads, so, in many ways, she has been pushing herself beyond whats normal. I have no plans on adding tons of luck or anything, this will be the only rank in the feat.

2) I'd like more explanation as to why her Luck is going up. Per the character creation guidelines, Luck has a higher bar for justification. It's very powerful for a single Power Point, because it can be used for so many purposes.

It has a bit higher bar, but is not restricted outright. I feel, that as a PL 12 heroine, Velocity should have a bit more luck than the average hero. She has used hero points a number of times in threads, so, in many ways, she has been pushing herself beyond whats normal. I have no plans on adding tons of luck or anything, this will be the only rank in the feat.

A couple of corrections for Raindance:

Auditory Obscure is currently undercosted, which I've always meant to fix. I'd like that slot to contain the Auditory Obscure along with Visual Obscure (Flaw: Partial), also at Rank 11.

Since my array is Rank 11, areas of effect of the different powers in the array need to be adjusted to Rank 11 values.

Updated by VM

A couple of corrections for Raindance:

Auditory Obscure is currently undercosted, which I've always meant to fix. I'd like that slot to contain the Auditory Obscure along with Visual Obscure (Flaw: Partial), also at Rank 11.

Since my array is Rank 11, areas of effect of the different powers in the array need to be adjusted to Rank 11 values.

Updated by VM

I would like to spend the 5pps that I have for the Ghost. Could the following changes be made to the sheet please. Thank you.

Changes for The Ghost:

I would like to use 4pps to increase his Probability control from rank 5 to rank 6,

This changes his Damage AP by spending the four pps to gain the following

PFs: Stuble [Detectable by Magical Awareness/detect magic], Variable Descriptor 2, Indirect 1

I would like to add the power Super Sense: Danger Sense [mental; magical source] for 1pp

So his powers should look like this:

Powers: (See below for descriptors)

Probability Control 6 24pps +1pps total 25pps

--AP: Damage 5 [Extras] 24pps

Force Field 4 [Extra] total 9pps

Concealment 8 [All visual, auditory, radio; Limited to Machines] total 8pps

Super Movement 3 [Permeate 2 (Half speed; Extra: Affects Others); Trackless 1(Limited to Machines)] total 7pps

Super Senses 5 [Danger Sense (mental); X-ray vision (no gold); Limited: Only while Permeating] total 3pps

Complications: Cannot Permeate through gold

Drawbacks: None

Costs: Abilities (08) + Combat (06) + Saves (08) + Skills (14) + Feats (07)

+ Powers (52) - Drawbacks (00) = Total Cost 95

--------------------------------

Sammy's power are due to participating in a Magical ritual some five years ago. All of his powers are Magical in source. All of his subtle abilities are detectable by Detect magic or Magical Awareness. Acute versions of Magical Awareness (vision) or Detect Magic (vision) will learn the true nature of Sammy's powers.

Probability Control: His probability has so far manifested as helping him being lucky. Sammy has learned to 'force' this luck outward in a manage to cause damage to those that he can precieve.

Damage: Sammy causes unlikely hazzards to cause damage to those that attempt to delay his escapes. He has gained enough control to determine the best method to hurt someone but is limited to what is avaiable. For example, if a lamp is present, he can use it to cause an electric destriptor to the attack.

Force Field: His force field works by changing the probability of the hits. Instead of being direct hits, most become glancing blows with most of the damaging force being dissipated.

Concealment: His concelament works by causing machines to malfunction just when he gets in range. Once he has passed clear of the area, the machines work as normal.

Trackless: As he is invisible to machines, Sammy's luck extends to tracking him with machines. Non mechanical tracking methods can still follow him though.

Permeate: Sammy has learned to bend the laws of probability to such an extent that he ias able to pass through solid objects. Unfortunately, Sammy has no means of breathing while passing through objects so he must hold his breath. For some unknown reason, gold seems to stop this ability flat.

X-ray vision: Due to the magical nature of his abilites, when he adjusts the physical state of himself and anyone he touches, Sammy finds he has the ability to see through whatever substance he passes. For some unknown reason, gold seems to stop this ability flat.

Danger Sense: Luck just seems to follow Sammy around. It keeps him aware of things even when he should be surprised. The mental feel is more of a hunch than anything real. Almost as if someone or something is tapping him on the shoulder when danger is around.

What Sammy doesn't know about his powers:

Sammy's powers, which were due to the magical amulet that he stole, can be seen with acute Magical Awareness(vision) or acute Detect Magic(vision). Small creatures, known as Gremlins, travel with Sammy effecting the various outcomes about him. It is through their interaction that Sammy can casue machines to ignore his presence or damage to be dealt to people by using the aviailable materials. The Gremlins also help lessen the damage from attacks, aka Force Field, by absorbing the blows. Effects that work against spirits, demons, or magic can affect the Gremlins, negating Sammy's powers.

Updated by Heridfel

I would like to spend the 5pps that I have for the Ghost. Could the following changes be made to the sheet please. Thank you.

Changes for The Ghost:

I would like to use 4pps to increase his Probability control from rank 5 to rank 6,

This changes his Damage AP by spending the four pps to gain the following

PFs: Stuble [Detectable by Magical Awareness/detect magic], Variable Descriptor 2, Indirect 1

I would like to add the power Super Sense: Danger Sense [mental; magical source] for 1pp

So his powers should look like this:

Powers: (See below for descriptors)

Probability Control 6 24pps +1pps total 25pps

--AP: Damage 5 [Extras] 24pps

Force Field 4 [Extra] total 9pps

Concealment 8 [All visual, auditory, radio; Limited to Machines] total 8pps

Super Movement 3 [Permeate 2 (Half speed; Extra: Affects Others); Trackless 1(Limited to Machines)] total 7pps

Super Senses 5 [Danger Sense (mental); X-ray vision (no gold); Limited: Only while Permeating] total 3pps

Complications: Cannot Permeate through gold

Drawbacks: None

Costs: Abilities (08) + Combat (06) + Saves (08) + Skills (14) + Feats (07)

+ Powers (52) - Drawbacks (00) = Total Cost 95

--------------------------------

Sammy's power are due to participating in a Magical ritual some five years ago. All of his powers are Magical in source. All of his subtle abilities are detectable by Detect magic or Magical Awareness. Acute versions of Magical Awareness (vision) or Detect Magic (vision) will learn the true nature of Sammy's powers.

Probability Control: His probability has so far manifested as helping him being lucky. Sammy has learned to 'force' this luck outward in a manage to cause damage to those that he can precieve.

Damage: Sammy causes unlikely hazzards to cause damage to those that attempt to delay his escapes. He has gained enough control to determine the best method to hurt someone but is limited to what is avaiable. For example, if a lamp is present, he can use it to cause an electric destriptor to the attack.

Force Field: His force field works by changing the probability of the hits. Instead of being direct hits, most become glancing blows with most of the damaging force being dissipated.

Concealment: His concelament works by causing machines to malfunction just when he gets in range. Once he has passed clear of the area, the machines work as normal.

Trackless: As he is invisible to machines, Sammy's luck extends to tracking him with machines. Non mechanical tracking methods can still follow him though.

Permeate: Sammy has learned to bend the laws of probability to such an extent that he ias able to pass through solid objects. Unfortunately, Sammy has no means of breathing while passing through objects so he must hold his breath. For some unknown reason, gold seems to stop this ability flat.

X-ray vision: Due to the magical nature of his abilites, when he adjusts the physical state of himself and anyone he touches, Sammy finds he has the ability to see through whatever substance he passes. For some unknown reason, gold seems to stop this ability flat.

Danger Sense: Luck just seems to follow Sammy around. It keeps him aware of things even when he should be surprised. The mental feel is more of a hunch than anything real. Almost as if someone or something is tapping him on the shoulder when danger is around.

What Sammy doesn't know about his powers:

Sammy's powers, which were due to the magical amulet that he stole, can be seen with acute Magical Awareness(vision) or acute Detect Magic(vision). Small creatures, known as Gremlins, travel with Sammy effecting the various outcomes about him. It is through their interaction that Sammy can casue machines to ignore his presence or damage to be dealt to people by using the aviailable materials. The Gremlins also help lessen the damage from attacks, aka Force Field, by absorbing the blows. Effects that work against spirits, demons, or magic can affect the Gremlins, negating Sammy's powers.

Updated by Heridfel

MBCE, before I make those changes, are you sure that you want to leave your Probability Control without Subtle? It is currently clear that you are the one causing the strange twists in luck, and will continue to do so if you do not add that power feat.

Probability control is alread a subtle effect as it is passive. He does not have the jinx or fortune extras therfore he doesn'T need to add subtle as I understand how the power is written in the UP. The Damage effect is where subtle is needed which is where I placed it. Did I mis understand the wording within the UP sourcebook?