West Coast Flavor

Raveled

This is a thread to collaborate on threads for Emerald City, specifically for ways to get FC heroes out to the West Coast, either temporarily or permanently. It's also a place for those who have the book to help those that don't.

Since Blue Jay doesn't have any strong ties to FC these days (short of protecting Fleur) I'm looking at moving her to RC. I think I can get her out there on a job from Danger International, when a DI worker goes missing in the Atlas Mountains. It'll give her a chance to try out the city and settle in there, if just shortly.

Fixing up a PC of my own for Emerald, and will add that if anyone needs a GM I'll be glad to step up. 

Raveled, part of what we're working with for this version of the city is that actual supercrime(!) is both very rare and kept hidden. What kind of trouble were you thinking Tona catches on to? Plenty of "normal" crime families and organized gangs, though.

If she goes out there on DI's dime her first enemies will likely be the Cryptid Clans, maybe even do a variation on Mongrel's origin -- heroic paramedic gets bit and runs off to the wood, someone has to go in and find him, and there's literally no one better at it than Tina.

Why deemphasize super crime? What are PCs supposed to do?

Edited by Raveled

So many things! The fearsome Umiquan Empire is right in the Pacific, Emerald is a major shipping destination, super-tech is becoming a very large part of its industry(at least one of the companies is a front for selling and distributing mad science and super-muscle to supervillains on the sly), there's aliens and monsters in the water and woods and hills and an Undercity with maybe ghosts, the regular syndicates are a real problem, and there's always the shadowy cabal of supervillains who really, really don't want superheroes cluttering up their picture of perfect order and retirement plan. Not to mention all the ways heroes can make a splash in a city that doesn't have any of its own, and hardly any history with them. There's powerful friends(or enemies!) to make, people to help out, even a mysterious blogger-of-the-weird who might need some heroic rescue after stumbling onto something big.

Also a giant warehouse full of things that Indiana Jones would just throw up his hands at. 

Biggest difference is that if there are supercrooks acting in the open and blowing things up with cyberdinos, then they're most likely from out of town.