Incursion: Troopers [OOC]

Gizmo

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wander is putting on her glasses and earrings, so that in addition to her regular stuff gives her

Super Senses 3 (visual): Infravision, Counters Concealment (fog, mist) 

Super Senses 2 (auditory): Accurate Normal Hearing

Immunity: Auditory Dazzle

Survival: skill mastery 20

Notice:  skill mastery 25

Wander

Erin doesn't see or hear anything coming from either end of the gorge or from up above but there are definitely tremors in the ground and it feels like whatever is causing them is getting closer. The survivalist in her is reminding her not to think in just two-dimensions, though...

Corona

Either something big or a lot of little somethings are getting closer but Aya can't tell much more than that.

Roulette

Stahnze doesn't see anything but he can feel the rumblings in his boots as easily as anyone else. Something's getting closer but he can't tell what direction it's coming from.

Eclipse

None of Talisyn's cybernetics are giving her anything to work with here that her normal senses wouldn't already: something big or lots of little somethings are getting closer but she can't spot anything on the horizon. Tactically, though, if an attack isn't coming from in front of you, isn't coming from behind you and isn't coming from above, that only leaves one more direction...

Communion Antibodies

Initiative: 1d20 16

> 21 - Corona - Uninjured, 1HP
19 - Eclipse - Uninjured, 2HP
17 - Wander - Uninjured, 3HP

16 - Antibody Group 1 - Unaffected

16 - Antibody Group 2 - Unaffected

16 - Antibody Group 3 - Unaffected

07 - Roulette - Uninjured, 4HP
05 - Squad C - Unaffected
05 - Squad E - Unaffected
05 - Squad W - Unaffected
05 - Squad R - Unaffected

We're back in initiative! Corona is up but in the meantime everyone give me a Reflex Save!

Alright, lemme get a DC 20 Toughness Save for Corona, Rav. Hey, they knew it was coming! (No, I won't count that as a spent HP, E.)

Troopers
Toughness Save vs DC 20: 4#1d20+4 23 19 21 22

> 21 - Corona - Uninjured, 1HP, Pending Save

16 - Antibody Group 1 - Unaffected

05 - Squad E - Disrupted x1

Antibody Group 1
Toughness Save vs DC 25: 1d20+3 11

21 - Corona - Uninjured, 1HP
> 19 - Eclipse - Uninjured, 2HP
16 - Antibody Group 1 - Disabled, Staggered, Disrupted x1

Not certain I have an IC post in me tonight, but I can at least get the OOC rolling: Eclipse has an area attack and she's keen to use it.

Attack Roll vs. Antibodies (blaster, Targeted Cone): 1d20+13 21

Selective, Area, Cone. DC22 Toughness vs. damage base, and if my tired brain is reading Golden Age right, the Area extra gives it another +2 for DC24.

She's also going to try to get them to fight defensively, assuming they'll listen.

Antibody Group 2
Toughness Save vs DC 24: 1d20+3 5

Uh. Wow. Okay.

> 17 - Wander - Uninjured, 3HP
16 - Antibody Group 2 - Destroyed

Okay, Wander's not exactly built for mass combat when she can't actually hit each bad guy in person (at least, I don't think Takedown has any effect in mass combat?) but she's gonna dive right in on Antibody Group 3. I have been told that Acrobatic Bluff is also not a thing in Mass Combat, so it's definitely a good thing she took down that tower earlier. 

Standard Action: Charging Power Attack for an overall -2 Defense, +0 Attack, +2 Damage 

And I rolled a one. Spending an HP!

Got a nine on the reroll, for a total of 31 DC 27 toughness plus applicable autofire.

Oh, and I don't know if Interpose is a thing in mass combat, but if it is, she's going to try and interpose on her squad's behalf.  

Antibody Group 3
Toughness Save vs DC 32: 1d20+3 4 Kablam!

Antibody Group 1

Disabled means this group can't effectively attack but since they're drones that doesn't stop them from ineffectively throwing themselves at the Coalition troops.

17 - Wander - Uninjured, 2HP
16 - Antibody Group 2 - Destroyed
16 - Antibody Group 3 - Destroyed
> 07 - Roulette - Uninjured, 4HP

Alright So Roulette is stunting off his Optic Blast Array.  And spending an HP to burn pending fatigue

Damage 8 ( Extras: Area [General, 40-1000' Burst], Range [Ranged], Selective Attack; Feat:Progression, Increase Area 4 ) {36/36]

Which gets +2 from the Area extra.  Now, he technically gets +1 from each rank of the Progression feat limited to up to the same amount as the force modifier.  But, equally reasonable to limit that by the amount that applies to the actual size of the used which I somehow assume is less than Progression 3 or 4!

Alright, here's how this is going to work!

Our heroes and their squads are three 'spaces' from the giant mole-slug, represented below as [ ] [ ] [ ], with a 'space' being an abstract measure of distance. They can move fast enough to maintain that distance but each time a squad is Disrupted they'll slow down and lose a 'space'. They can also choose to do nothing but run flat out, not attacking, to add a 'space' to their total. Run out of spaces and the mole-slug will catch up with them which... would be bad.

Meanwhile, the antibodies are attacking from the opposite direction, which is where our heroes want to head anyway. These are more of the same 'green' troops they fought before but thanks to their overwhelming numbers they'll be represented by a 'battalion', meaning a +9 force modifier for those following along with the field battle rules.

The Coalition forces are six rounds of normal movement away from the communication relay. They need to either last that long - without getting gobbled up or overrun - or just demolish the antibody battalion to punch through to their goal.

Antibody Battalion

Initiative: 1d20 14

• > 21 - Corona - Uninjured, 1HP
  • 19 - Eclipse - Uninjured, 2HP
  • 17 - Wander - Uninjured, 2HP
  • 14 - Antibody Battalion - Unaffected
  • 07 - Roulette - Uninjured, 4HP
  • 05 - Squad C - Unaffected [ ] [ ] [ ]
  • 05 - Squad E - Disrupted x1 [ ] [ ] [ ]
  • 05 - Squad W - Unaffected [ ] [ ] [ ]
  • 05 - Squad R - Unaffected [ ] [ ] [ ]

Okay, Corona is going to stunt off her Cosmic Empowerment Array.

Blast 10 (Extra: Area/Burst [General], Feat: Progression/Area 2, Flaw: Distracting)

That should end up as an effective Rank 12 Blast vs. the anitbody battalion.