Incursion: Opportunists and Opposition (OOC)

Thevshi

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will keep plugging along while we wait for Ecal as best as we can. 

2 antibodies will attack Mechanized, they both hit, but Mechanized's Impervious stops them.

2 others will attack Memorial, both missing.

Down the hall, the other four will attack the tough pirates, elite pirate and one of the regulars, in that order: 27, 11, 10 and 24, so a tough pirate and the normal pirate are all hit.  Tough pirate tough save: 26, so it makes it.  Average pirate: 14, so staggered and dazed.

Out in space, the five needle ships around the Aphelion will attack the pirate interceptors: 18, 25, 25, 14, 11 3 hits, 2 misses.  Interceptors toughness saves: 14, 20, 16, all missed, but 2 only pick up an injured/damaged condition, while the other is so badly damaged that it is inoperable, but not completely destroyed.

So, Memorial is up on the Aphelion now.

Sorry again for the hold-up, got a horrifyingly awful cold. Barely got out from under a blanket in 2 days.

Move Action: Move up to the very rear of the rearmost large ship.

Free Action: Solidify, turn solid and switch to electric aura array.

Standard Action: All-out Power Attack for 5 against the largest rearmost Communion ship, looking to either breach it or do some sort of systematic damage. Ew, only a 9, then, it's a giant, giant spaceship. With the energy strike, that's DC35.

Very sorry to hear that Ecal, hope you feel better soon!

Yeah, it is up there in the -2 defense size.  It gets a 39 on its toughness save.  So I will say that will not damage any systems, but I will let you breach the hull.  As this is the second round in space without immunities, the Fort save ticks up to DC16, but I think you still automatically make that save still. 

As you do, the hull peels back, widening the space, and four of the antibodies come leaping out to attack you, and they all hit, as minions, the one natural 20 is not a crit.  That is 4 DC 24 toughness saves.

The three needle ships that were fighting Galv turn their attention to the Nomad, they roll incredibly bad and all miss the Nomad.

On the Aphelion, the tough pirates continue attack the drones, both miss

Rolling us over to the start of a new round, the pirate interceptors continue their dog fight with the needle ships, only 1 hit this time.  Needle ships toughness roll: 16, so it explodes.

Round Ten

24 Pirate Interceptor pilots (5) (1 disabled, 2 injured)
24 Galvanic (bruised, 3 HP) (entered Vacuum on round 8)
17 Elite Pirates (1 on flagship: bruised)
16 Average Pirates (1 on Aphelion staggered, dazed)
15 Mechanized (unharmed, 2 HP)
15 Waymaker (unharmed)
12 Corona (unharmed, fatigued, 1 HP)
12 Sovereign (bruised)
10 Antibodies (11 aboard the Aphelion, 4 attacking Galv)
8 Needle Fighters (4 near pirates and merchant, 3 attacking the Nomad)
7 Memorial (bruised, 1 HP)
3 Tough Pirates

So, back to Galv (though she has 4 toughness saves to make).

I will handle the pirates on the Aphelion now as well, then Mechanized will be back up there.

The Elite pirate attacks a drone, hitting, drone's toughness: 22, just good enough to survive.

The pirates carrying the others have now drawn their weapons and are firing as well, so that is 6 pirates firing at the drone not in melee: and they all manage to miss.

Yeah, next round she'll start being able to fail Fortitude saves.

Ok, DC24 Toughness saves...: 4#1d20+15 26 22 16 20 So, pass, fail (Bruised x2), fail by 7, so Bruised x3 and Dazed, then due to the cumulative damage, fail by 6, so Bruised x4 and Dazed.

I'll spend a HP to clear the Dazing, giving me 2HP, but is there any knockback?

Fast answer! OK. It is time to do the thing.

Free Action:  Switch to Area array slot.

Full Round Action: Explode in a 110' wide circle. Centred on Galvanic, solely because I can. Seriously. Totally can. That's a DC21 Reflex Area save followed by a DC26 Toughness save (or DC 20 if they pass)

Also, still in space. Screw you, space: 1d20+15 18 Close to failing. Although not close enough, so suck it, space.

Okay, a drone will attack Mechanized, but misses. Another attacks Memorial, and hits, but her Impervious takes the hit.

Further down the hall, the drones attack the pirates (2 on the tough, 1 on the elite and 1 on a average): 26, 13, 25, 19, three hits and a miss.

The tough pirate has a DC 19 fort save: which he makes.

The elite pirate has a DC 24 toughness save: which he misses, so hie is bruised and dazed.

Average pirate has the same save, which he misses, so he goes down.

Out in space, the needle ships attack the interceptors (the damaged 2 are last two in the order): 24, 18, 11 and 19, so three hits.

Interceptor toughness saves (damaged one last): 31, 13 and 17 (to 16), so one is fine, one is disabled and broken, the other picks up another injured.

HG, you can also go ahead and post for Memorial on the Aphelion.

Okay, the tough pirates attack the drones they are fighting with: 21 and 16, so a hit and a miss. Drone tough save: 18, so it fails and is smashed.

The average pirates fire at a drone in three groups of two, one aiding the other targeting: still only one hit. Drone tough save: 29, so its fine.

The three active pirate interceptors will attack more of the needle ships: 13, 22, 26 so two hits. Needle Ship toughness saves: 21 and 30, so both make them.

Round Eleven

24 Pirate Interceptor pilots (5) (2 disabled, 1 injured (1), 1 injured (2))

24 Galvanic (bruised 4, 2 HP) (entered Vacuum on round 8)

17 Elite Pirates (1 on flagship: bruised; Insectoid on Apheilon: bruised, dazed)

16 Average Pirates (1 on Aphelion staggered, dazed)

15 Mechanized (unharmed, 2 HP)

15 Waymaker (unharmed)

12 Corona (unharmed, fatigued, 1 HP)

12 Sovereign (bruised)

10 Antibodies (9 aboard the Aphelion)

8 Needle Fighters (4 near pirates and merchant, 3 attacking the Nomad)

7 Memorial (bruised, 1 HP)

3 Tough Pirates

So, back to Galv in space, and Mechanized on the Aphelion.

I assume the tradeoff will be only -1 def/+1atk, as that is all you need to hit for taking 10?

There was still one drone fighting you, so your choice if you want to hit it or blast it (though I guess melee would require a -2 defe/+2 atk tradeoff). Anyway the drone only gets a 20 for a toughness save, so is destroyed.